You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intro/Random Thread - New Forum In Beta!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Basketball forum doesn't think we're awful enough to get a top 5 pick Laughing

Have they watched us? Team gave up trying awhile ago.

Its probably because we keep winning in spurts. Clearly Ty went from beast double double machine to average (probably played a career high in minutes too). I wish we would just throw out all the players we plan on trading so teams can see their skill sets.

What do you think of Shaw? I was so-so on the hire and my mentality on it hasn't changed.
Offensively I expected it would be worse than the Karl era even his worst teams, but defensively I really thought he would be better. Really don't see how he's the coach come May but we'll see how cheap the Kronke's want to be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Basketball forum doesn't think we're awful enough to get a top 5 pick Laughing

Have they watched us? Team gave up trying awhile ago.

Its probably because we keep winning in spurts. Clearly Ty went from beast double double machine to average (probably played a career high in minutes too). I wish we would just throw out all the players we plan on trading so teams can see their skill sets.

What do you think of Shaw? I was so-so on the hire and my mentality on it hasn't changed.
Offensively I expected it would be worse than the Karl era even his worst teams, but defensively I really thought he would be better. Really don't see how he's the coach come May but we'll see how cheap the Kronke's want to be.

I'm not a fan. Some of his rotations are so dumb. Having Faried/Hickson in together is a joke, for example. I don't really like his general aura and how he talks about the players after games. A lot of bball coaches are like that though.

I do think he is a major part of why Ty was playing the best ball of his career up until recently.

He's gone. It's just a question of when. I doubt it will be this year because we just need to lose a bunch, no point in making a positive change.

team rammy

AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy those predictions of Josh Kroenke Josh McDanielsing the Nuggets don't look so foolish now, do they?

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
champ11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Boy those predictions of Josh Kroenke Josh McDanielsing the Nuggets don't look so foolish now, do they?

It's not that bad. The franchise was at a turning point after that 57 win season regardless. That was the peak of that mountain and they need to find a way into the next era. Pretty typical for NBA teams.

Getting Nurkic in the last draft looks to be great and the only long term contract on the books is Faried.....who they could deal pretty easily. It's just about getting the right value for him when he starts playing well again.

team rammy

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuggets have drafted well lately and made the right trades. They just need to completely tank and try to land a top 5 pick.

The problem for the longest time was other than Ty and somewhat Faried none of the Nuggets players were actually drafted. Under Karl they gave away picks like candy and the Knicks players we did trade for were nice but either couldn't stay healthy or were inconsistent.

Getting rid of Shaw and landing a good draft pick would be a good start.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

It's not that bad. The franchise was at a turning point after that 57 win season regardless. That was the peak of that mountain and they need to find a way into the next era. Pretty typical for NBA teams.

Getting Nurkic in the last draft looks to be great and the only long term contract on the books is Faried.....who they could deal pretty easily. It's just about getting the right value for him when he starts playing well again.

Yeah I'm glad we have these contracts expiring, we just need to trade some others like Chandler, McGee and even Gallo. Faried will be hard to deal away since hes a fan favorite and such but he just is not consistent at all.

I hope Harris can get some PT, might as well.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
champ11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
champ11 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Yeah I'm glad we have these contracts expiring, we just need to trade some others like Chandler, McGee and even Gallo. Faried will be hard to deal away since hes a fan favorite and such but he just is not consistent at all.

I hope Harris can get some PT, might as well.

If we don't deal Afflalo and/or Chandler to contenders before the deadline that would be a mistake. I bet they are asking for 1sts for them, so hopefully someone gives one up.

team rammy

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^are the Nuggets just stock piling #1s? Hopefully this is like a Herchal Walker scenario where the Nuggets suck...REALLY suck...then blow it up for a decade.
champ11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
^^^are the Nuggets just stock piling #1s? Hopefully this is like a Herchal Walker scenario where the Nuggets suck...REALLY suck...then blow it up for a decade.

Yeah we have 3 first round picks on top of ours in the next 3 years. NBA works differently where some of them are protected until a later year if the team dealing them is bad enough. We still have a lot of assets on our roster and the GM needs to fetch some value for them since the team's play just fell apart.

team rammy

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Yeah we have 3 first round picks on top of ours in the next 3 years. NBA works differently where some of them are protected until a later year if the team dealing them is bad enough. We still have a lot of assets on our roster and the GM needs to fetch some value for them since the team's play just fell apart.

Is Gallinari one of them?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides we're signing King Joffrey to chop away some necks here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Is Gallinari one of them?

Not really. He unfortunately isn't the same player he was before the knee injuries. Which is too bad because he was a very good player. He's gettin 11mil per year so we are either gonna trade him as an expiring or just ride it out

team rammy

iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Besides we're signing King Joffrey to chop away some necks here.

Yes, I heard about him coming over. We could use more talent there. Wondering if he would play the 5 with Faried in the line up.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Bevell is an idiot, how he has had a job for this long is astounding.

Called a pretty impressive game prior to the last play.

That last play was the most physically dominating, un-cute team in the league trying to get cute, and getting burned for it. Stay with the identity, and the talk going into next year would be is this Seahawks team the best of the modern era. Which I still think they are.

Pats didn't really win that game, Seahawks more lost it.

I disagree...Belichick out coached Carroll by not calling a timeout. It put an enormous amount of pressure on the Hawks. Brady wasn't going to throw deep to bring them back...it was up to the D to stop. By letting the clock run down it put the Hawks in a position to run 2 (maybe 3) plays but 1 had to be a pass. That slant inside was run by the Seahawks a lot during the year and the Pats practiced it specifically the week before. Plus Lynch's track record from the 1 yard line is not good and the Pats were absolutely stuffing it. Throws to the outside were likely no good with the Pats CB's play.
"I don't think he was happy with the cologne I was wearing. I was wearing a lot of it and I guess he wasn't happy with it. I was on him a lot at the end of the game so everybody doesn't like my smell."
-Von Miller
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been a lot more smoke to the rumors of us getting a uniform makeover.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 3 of 49

Jump to: