Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Linebacker Chaos in the City of Brotherly Love

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype4bid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Linebacker Chaos in the City of Brotherly Love Reply with quote

Chris Mortensen on ESPN news reports that Trotter will likely sign with K.C sometime today. I donít know whether to believe it or not. The odds are against us; most Eaglesí free agents who donít resign at 12:01 usually take a hike. And especially when they are shopping them self around for the biggest buck. It is sad to say but the Eagles are on the verge of losing 3 LBs this off-season. Rumors have the Eagles maybe courting Hartwell for the MLB position, if Trotters donít resign. A solid replacement who is 2 years younger and probably is seeking the same amount of money as Trotter. I think they should also take a look at Ian Gold who was released by the Bucs. He is a fast LB that can man the weak side but had some history with injuries. Gold would probably demand a little more money then what Reese and Adams are seeking, but I think he is a better player.
wurugby38

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see that you are up at penn state and don't have the privledge of going to school around philly and hearing all the talk on WIP. Howard eskin says that Trotter is just trying to get a price on how much he is worth. he is meeting with atlanta and seattle later this week. trotter won't be as effective in their defenses and will come back. we also have the best chance at getting a super bowl ring for trotter. don't sweat it
GangGReen81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eskin is awesome......king of bling baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he said dont worry trot will be back. i would love troy brown because he is a winner.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Trotter wants to go off and play games, the Eagles should just sign Edgerton. Hartwell isn't a drop off, he's younger and no injuiry concerns.

Also I'd rather have Hartwell than Trotter.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
phillyfinest25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no lets stop and smell reality J.T was a force in the middle of the linebackers. If we dont get J.T back our team will never be the same because no one is going to have the expericence in the jimmy johnson system. If we dont get him back our team is never going to make it back to the super bowl and if we do make it we wont win because every team will take avanage of the run
hype4bid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wurugby38 wrote:
i can see that you are up at penn state and don't have the privledge of going to school around philly and hearing all the talk on WIP. Howard eskin says that Trotter is just trying to get a price on how much he is worth. he is meeting with atlanta and seattle later this week. trotter won't be as effective in their defenses and will come back. we also have the best chance at getting a super bowl ring for trotter. don't sweat it

I guess Iím not privilege for not being able to attend school in Philly. Wow! My bad, what a big lost! WIP is great but Eskin is a _____. All that stuff was irrelevant to what I actually reported. I was trying to say that the signing of Trotter does not look good. And history is not on our side when players go test the market. Vincent, Taylor, Staley, Emmons, Hugh, B. Williams, and especially S. Barber who uses the same agent as Trotter ďJim SextonĒ . I recalled with the Barber signing that the Eagles would get a chance to match or follow up with any offers. When Banner called, he was told that Barber had signed with K.C. Believe me, I would like Mortensen to be wrong and Trotter remains with the birds. But if that doesnít happen, I welcome Hartwell any day.
aafroe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
Hartwell filled in stellarly when Ray got hurt a few years back.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotter will not learn. Hes NEEDS to stay in Philly. I am saying this as a Philly hater but i like him in Philly. Fun guy to watch. Big fan of him.
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly guys, do we really think Hartwell can come in here and do the same job Trotter did for us? The numbers dont lie when Trotter came in he was a force to begin with. The playoffs against Vikings he just about single handely won that game for us just with some of the tackles this guy was making and just blowing the play up in the backfield. Granted Hartwell is good, but no one on the free agency market is better then Trotter. Dont care if hes younger or not Trotter flat out earned his money in the playoffs and when he came in and started. He made the Andy Reid put him in the middle to start and he earned a big contract by his amazing play. Give up the big money for this guy because he is worth it. Coming into free agency in my opinion he was our biggest priority...
aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: ILB/#2 WR Reply with quote

The Eagles should make a serious play for KBell ILB from Pitt. Hartwell is the bomb in run support and I'm sure Ray will miss him if he goes elsewhere, but he is a major liability in pass coverage. 2005 season will be slightly tougher for TO so the Eags better be smart and look for a bonifide #2 wr (FreDex is cool, but he must move on) and keep Pinkston and Lewis and let them duel it out in camp for the #3 spot. Some key players that the Eagles should take a close look at in the draft: Ronnie Brown rb Auburn, Kevin Burnett olb Tenn, Rian Wallace ilb/olb Temple (primo local talent).
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to see the Eagles take Mark Clayton WR from Oklahoma if he would fall to us at 31 then hope Burnett falls to us in the 2nd round with the 2nd pick of that round from Miami. I think that would really give us some great depth. Cut Fred-Ex and no matter what anyone says in the playoffs and last few games Pinkston earned his spot on this team. Yes hes no #1 or #2 WR for that matter but a solid #3 who knows Andy Reid's system.
T0wer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartwell is a beast, so is Trotter. Personally I would take Hartwell.
hype4bid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotter is still my 1st choice for the right price. The big question is; can his knees hold up for the next few seasons? Then I would prefer Hartwell over Bell. Bell seems to be injury prone. Groin injuries been keeping him off the field. He is an every down LB when healthy. Would the birds really throw money at the LB positions?

Clayton would be a great pick at 31, but with so many teams looking for a solid WR, he will definitely not last that long. Vikings, Redskins, Chargers, Ravens, Dallas, Chicago are a few teams that will be seeking a WR. My predictions for their 1st 5 picks:
DT: Hawthrone,
RB:Fason,
OL:Terry
LB:Wallace
TE:Dreessen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: