You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Apple Thread 4S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using Firefox Focus since getting my SE.

D#######
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Safari does everything better than Chrome, except Flash. It's smoother, faster, uses a lot less resources, but chokes when there's a Flash video.

And Flash is going byebye anyways.

iPwn wrote:
Only real downside to Safari is if you use a lot of extensions, as not everything is available on Safari. Otherwise, it is much better imo.

Yeah, so far this is the thing that's annoying for me (also the bookmarks bar). Although I think it's just part of me being so used to Chrome. Been on it since like 2010. At the time, I used a lot of different devices in college. Windows laptop at first, then Android phone, then Macbook, windows computers in school computer labs, unix/linux machines in school computer labs, iPhone, switch back to Android, etc. I liked the portability of it to have the same services and experience everywhere

But now I'm on iPhone going forward (can't see switching back fulltime to Android til they clean up ALOT of stuff). Plus I hate Windows 10, and am an Apple Dev so I need a Mac anyways. Time seems right to make the switch. Maybe I'll try my hand at making some extensions since I'm going to start learning JS (*cue retching*) soon in an effort to be full stack. Thanks guys.

Any fave extensions?
What about the bookmarks bar is bothering you?

I'd have to go to get you a list when I get to my computers. Obviously RES, an Adblock, a flash bocker. I know I have some others, but that's off the top of my head, as I honestly haven't been using my computers lately for much of anything.

I miss Rockmelt.

Live like you're down 3-1
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
What about the bookmarks bar is bothering you?

I'd have to go to get you a list when I get to my computers. Obviously RES, an Adblock, a flash bocker. I know I have some others, but that's off the top of my head, as I honestly haven't been using my computers lately for much of anything.

I miss Rockmelt.

I love the icons in my Chrome bookmark bar. Its petty, but meh. I like it haha.

Real talk though, anyone ever fix a broken backlight on a MBP? Looks like mine is shot. Don't know if its a fuse or lcd connector or logic board or something else. Repair looks like a pain in the you know what. Plus I didn't bring a soldering iron with me when I moved. Its a mid 2012 13", works fine other than that (plus I swapped in a 512g Samsung 840 pro) so I really don't wanna mess this up.

Was trying to get one more year out of it because this year's MBP is not worth it. Looks like next year's models are getting better processors too
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, rumors are running wild about the new iPhones. I'm not into renders but here's what I've read:

- 3 iPhones. 7S, 7S+, 8 (or X)

- All to have wireless charging

- Wireless charging will mean hotter internals and as a result a glass casing and some kind of graphite layering between the screen and internals

- the best one might cost as much as a macbook (although that sounded hella clickbaity)
Mossburg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss wireless charging. Sad

D#######
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out a lot of people didn't know this, so I figured I would drop it here.

If you go into the Settings app and then to the TouchID option, you'll see a list of your fingerprints there. You can add more fingers if you need to. But also if you use TouchID while here, you will see the finger that you're using highlight. This actually trains TouchID to better recognize your fingerprint better. If you're having trouble getting TouchID to work, doing this for a bit will make it work better.

Live like you're down 3-1
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Just found out a lot of people didn't know this, so I figured I would drop it here.

If you go into the Settings app and then to the TouchID option, you'll see a list of your fingerprints there. You can add more fingers if you need to. But also if you use TouchID while here, you will see the finger that you're using highlight. This actually trains TouchID to better recognize your fingerprint better. If you're having trouble getting TouchID to work, doing this for a bit will make it work better.

Cool tip. That does help. Also you can unlock your screen with just touch ID instead of also tapping the home button too if you go into settings. Not sure why they changed that in iOS10

Also:

http://bgr.com/2017/02/28/iphone-8-rumors-and-leaks-specs-usb-c/

Clickbaity title but AMOLED and USBC would be amazing. Esp USB C to go with the new macbooks. That one, I could see
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which would you guys recommend between the new Macbook 12" or the Macbook Air?
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Which would you guys recommend between the new Macbook 12" or the Macbook Air?

I'd definitely get the Air.

Apple really blew it by not using the new 1060/1070/1080 graphics cards in the Pros. Other laptops like Dell's XPS line completely blow the Pro out of the water in both performance and price.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having some issues with an iMac.

I have an Asus monitor that I'm trying to connect but it isn't recognizing the monitor. I'm using a miniDisplayPort->HDMI cable, plugged into the Thunderbolt port on the iMac.

miniDisplayPort is supposed to be the same as Thunderbolt but it isn't working. The monitor works when I use a miniDisplayPort->VGA adapter, but VGA sucks and gives horrible resolution.

I've read reviews on both the monitor and the cable I am using and multiple people have used this monitor with a mac, and this cable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with knowledge about iPads willing to share some thoughts about the new one that was unveiled today? Seems like a great deal IMO but was looking for some confirmation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:
Anyone with knowledge about iPads willing to share some thoughts about the new one that was unveiled today? Seems like a great deal IMO but was looking for some confirmation.

Decent improvement on the Air 2, but a little bulkier. Easily the best bang for the buck tablet out there that isn't garbage, most of the other ones are flat out bad. If you can find an Air 2 for $200 or less now that they're discontinued, I'd go with that.

Also the tablet market is kinda dead, so you're not gonna see upgrades as often as phones.

D#######
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:

Also the tablet market is kinda dead, so you're not gonna see upgrades as often as phones.

It took longer than anticipated but I've been expecting this. As phone sizes continue to grow (at least in rumored Sammyland), it makes them even less useful. Personally never liked tablets myself but I understand why some do.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That new red iPhone....
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of upgrading from my mid 2010 macbook pro. It's been one of the best investments I have ever made tbh. I have had to replace a certain cable twice and the charger once, but besides that it has been smooth sailing. However I think it is time to get a new one. I am looking at the new laptops Apple offers and want to hear peoples opinions on what to get.

I went to an Apple store today and I think I have it narrowed down to the Macbook Pro 13" and Macbook Air 13". To put it very basic, from what I understand is the Air has more battery life and is a good chunk cheaper, where as the pro has better graphics and is faster.

What do people think is the way to go?

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75
Page 75 of 75

Jump to: