You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Car Thread 3.0L
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: The Car Thread 3.0L Reply with quote

Continue....

Whatcha driving?

Last post from the old thread.

steadypimpin wrote:
Question, should I trade in my paid off 2008 Mazda 6 with 73,000 miles on it for a newer car with less mileage? I was thinking it might be worth my while to trade it in now while it has relatively low miles and get some good value for it now. If I get $5k+ trade in I can get a car with a low payment. I was looking at cars in the $15-16k range. Should I do it or ride out this car till it dies? Our other car is paid off too so do I roll with no payments or trade in while car value is still good?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say ride it out with no payments until the car dies.

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
I'm leaning that way but both of our cars have 73,000 miles on them with no payments. If I sell this one and get a newer one I can have the new one paid off by the time we ride the other one out till it's about done.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
I'm leaning that way but both of our cars have 73,000 miles on them with no payments. If I sell this one and get a newer one I can have the new one paid off by the time we ride the other one out till it's about done.

73k isn't much on a Mazda. Keep it going, and just save what you would be using for a payment to put down on a new one when you really need it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an MK6 GTI and it's a Ferrari magnet / ultimate vehicle. The car is honestly beautiful and I have nothing but excellent things to say about every aspect. I might to a full review on this board about the car and positives/negatives. It's the first car I've bought w/ my own payments, practically brand new car for me. Bought it with 33k miles and now have 115k in less than 2 years.

My engine in my Volkswagen now feels like it's falling out from the bottom. I think it's an oil issue because all of the sudden the engine started to shake, and progressively got worse. It was shaking and I checked the oil level and it was almost empty. I added more oil and it made it worse. Now it's just sitting in the driveway and it's driving me crazy.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
I've got an MK6 GTI and it's a Ferrari magnet / ultimate vehicle. The car is honestly beautiful and I have nothing but excellent things to say about every aspect. I might to a full review on this board about the car and positives/negatives. It's the first car I've bought w/ my own payments, practically brand new car for me. Bought it with 33k miles and now have 115k in less than 2 years.

My engine in my Volkswagen now feels like it's falling out from the bottom. I think it's an oil issue because all of the sudden the engine started to shake, and progressively got worse. It was shaking and I checked the oil level and it was almost empty. I added more oil and it made it worse. Now it's just sitting in the driveway and it's driving me crazy.

Did you use 0w40 full synthetic? How long did you go in-between checking the oil?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, I've always used the dealership for the oil changes. They say they use a "synthetic blend" and it's recommended by Volkswagen. So I felt safe with getting my oil changed there. It's always been about 6k miles for the oil changes.

Out of the sudden the engine started mildly shaking. This happened after hard driving abuse from 35k -- 115k. The car has performed reliably and without any major repair during that time. It may not be a blow engine but it's a possibility. It might be the oil pump/oil pressure pump or possibly something else. It's a terrible feeling knowing that my pride needs work. The car is in my driveway, I'm unemployed (yet I have a master plan), my car is broken and I'm on house arrest until Feb. My life is my car, and it needs work.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2.0T wants full synthetic. I think the TSI uses 5w40, and the FSI uses 0w40. Mine ('06 Jetta GLI) needs a quart between 5k-6k.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

73k isn't much on a Mazda. Keep it going, and just save what you would be using for a payment to put down on a new one when you really need it.
Yeah I decided I'll ride it out till it dies and wait until I actually need to get a car payment again.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
janky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The 2.0T wants full synthetic. I think the TSI uses 5w40, and the FSI uses 0w40. Mine ('06 Jetta GLI) needs a quart between 5k-6k.

Appreciate that. To be quite honest I'm not so sure whether it's been using full synthetic or a blend, apparently the dealership said it's the VW recommended. When the engine was close to empty and shaking, I added a 5w40 synthetic blend.

It has seemed to lose a little oil occasionally. This will be fixed shortly. The car is too fun to be sitting in the driveway.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

Appreciate that. To be quite honest I'm not so sure whether it's been using full synthetic or a blend, apparently the dealership said it's the VW recommended. When the engine was close to empty and shaking, I added a 5w40 synthetic blend.

It has seemed to lose a little oil occasionally. This will be fixed shortly. The car is too fun to be sitting in the driveway.

Wait....you were driving the car when it close to being dry of oil?

janky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:

No no no, I barely started the car once it sharted shaking worse.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

How much oil was it down?

janky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
janky wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

It looked like it was almost empty, so I added 4 quarts.

It won't even turn over now. It was shaking mildly before driving, then worse. I didn't drive it when I noticed it. I checked the level and it was close to nothing. I added oil and made it worse. Wouldn't start, but it would crank. Then after a couple days it wouldn't even start.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
janky wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

It looked like it was almost empty, so I added 4 quarts.

It won't even turn over now. It was shaking mildly before driving, then worse. I didn't drive it when I noticed it. I checked the level and it was close to nothing. I added oil and made it worse. Wouldn't start, but it would crank. Then after a couple days it wouldn't even start.

Yeah it sounds done to me. It's probably seized.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: