You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bundesliga Thread 2 - Hamburg Survive... Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Schmidt got fired. Had to be done I think. I wonder where he ends up next?

Also, are the rumors of Tuchel maybe leaving in the summer true or have any merit?

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how Frankfurt didn't at least get a point, they attacked almost the entire second half but Freiburg defended well.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
marky mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reus out for 4 weeks. Class player but he's made of glass.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayern absolutely thrashing Dortmund today. 4-1 now with 20 minutes still to play. Lewandowski just got his 2nd of the match.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayern out of the DFB Pokal after losing in the semi to Dortmund. Certainly a disappointing year relative to our seasons of the past 5 years. And at home too.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayern officially sealing the Bundesliga title today by thrashing Wolfsburg. Was hoping for more success this season, but it is always good to win the league. This level of success Bayern has had the last 5 years does not last forever.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
Bayern officially sealing the Bundesliga title today by thrashing Wolfsburg. Was hoping for more success this season, but it is always good to win the league. This level of success Bayern has had the last 5 years does not last forever.
Wolfsburg on the other hand are in real trouble. They're only real luck is that Hamburg are as equally horrible.

Also how about Werder Bremen and Max Kruse? They are both on an incredible run and are up to 6th and a spot in the Europa League after being in the relegation battle for large parts of the season, absolutely amazing turnaround.

Hoffenheim has clinched a CL spot as well, the first time in their history. They're still battling Dortmund for the automatic birth but at bare minimum they'll play the qualifiers.

roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a meaningless game in terms of implications, but the Bayern-Leipzig game in Leipzig might have been game of the year in the Bundesliga. Bayern came back to win by a 5-4 scoreline after being down 4-2 with less than 15 minutes left and capped the comeback with a Robben solo run and score. I am really going to miss him when he goes. They showed a real champion's mentality not to give in. Defensively, they were torn apart though. Boateng was dreadful.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
Was a meaningless game in terms of implications, but the Bayern-Leipzig game in Leipzig might have been game of the year in the Bundesliga. Bayern came back to win by a 5-4 scoreline after being down 4-2 with less than 15 minutes left and capped the comeback with a Robben solo run and score. I am really going to miss him when he goes. They showed a real champion's mentality not to give in. Defensively, they were torn apart though. Boateng was dreadful.
I heard about that match so I went back and watched the last 20 minutes of it and that was a ridiculous game. If that had any importance it would have been one of the best finishes I've ever seen.

marky mark

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dortmund have offered Lucien Favre a contract to replace Tuchel this summer according to Bild.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Dortmund have offered Lucien Favre a contract to replace Tuchel this summer according to Bild.

Doubt he would leave after only one season but i think he would be a good replacement. Same goes for Julian Nagelsmann

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:

Man this saga is so weird to me. There has to be more than the whole disagreement with Schurrle/Gotze, but it honestly seems like ego by Watzke and Tuchel driving this separation.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
marky mark wrote:

Man this saga is so weird to me. There has to be more than the whole disagreement with Schurrle/Gotze, but it honestly seems like ego by Watzke and Tuchel driving this separation.
Sounds like there is a huge break between Tuchel and Watzke, the head scout and practically everyone else. Rumors of disagreements over the Schurrle and Gotze signings, the whole bus attack disagreement was very out in the open and it seems like the relationships are pretty shattered which is a shame because I think he's a real good fit for Dortmund.

AustrianNiner

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
marky mark wrote:

Sounds like there is a huge break between Tuchel and Watzke, the head scout and practically everyone else. Rumors of disagreements over the Schurrle and Gotze signings, the whole bus attack disagreement was very out in the open and it seems like the relationships are pretty shattered which is a shame because I think he's a real good fit for Dortmund.

Also a couple of rumours that the players are not always happy with how Tuchel behaves and there have apparently been some issues between players and members of Tuchel's staff too. Not sure the relationship between Tuchel and his players is that bad considering how they've performed recently and after the bus attack, but a lot of people are quite sure that these rumours definitely have legs. Same things have come out after his tenure in Mainz.

Watzke's behaviour has been quite a joke though. You cannot fall your coach in the back prior to one of the most important games of the season. Also, Tuchel was absolutely right to criticize the rearrangement of the CL game after the bus attack. The fact that all these internal stuff has gone viral should lead to someone's sacking. If Tuchel has to go because the relationship has broken down, Watzke should face serious questions about how he dealt with it.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustrianNiner wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
marky mark wrote:

Also a couple of rumours that the players are not always happy with how Tuchel behaves and there have apparently been some issues between players and members of Tuchel's staff too. Not sure the relationship between Tuchel and his players is that bad considering how they've performed recently and after the bus attack, but a lot of people are quite sure that these rumours definitely have legs. Same things have come out after his tenure in Mainz.

Watzke's behaviour has been quite a joke though. You cannot fall your coach in the back prior to one of the most important games of the season. Also, Tuchel was absolutely right to criticize the rearrangement of the CL game after the bus attack. The fact that all these internal stuff has gone viral should lead to someone's sacking. If Tuchel has to go because the relationship has broken down, Watzke should face serious questions about how he dealt with it.
I was just reading an article about similar complaints when he was at Mainz and it's hard to tell if that's legit or just more rumors. I agree the bus attack was handled horribly and it's ridiculous that it was played the next and that they didn't consult the manager or players at all in making the decision. It sounds more like fact than rumor that Tuchel will be gone though which I would have never believed six months ago.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 47 of 49

Jump to: