Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland
3/4 def. end
3/4 o.l.b.
tall wide receiver
right tackle
tight end
nose tackle

Take the best player available at those positions.

Safety depth and a back up center in later rounds.

This could change.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
jerb2011

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots Team Needs

High Priority
:
— G/C
— DT
Mid Priority:
— SS
— pass rushing DL
Ideal Wants:
— deep threat WR
— LB depth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers

Signifcant Needs
TE
ILB
CB

Semi Needs
RB
OT
OLB

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I just like to feel like Yadier Molina is hugging me as I sleep.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to order the Jets need based on priority.

High Priority

1. QB - This doesn't need explaining.
2. WR - Even with the addition of Harvin and the deal given to Kerley, the team could still use a legitimate pass catcher. Decker and Kerley's deals are both team-friendly, while Harvin is on a pay-as-you-go deal.
3. OG - Oday Aboushi has shown some promise, but Brian Winters has been a total disaster through two seasons. We have some project players behind Aboushi, but nothing more.
4. DE/LB - The team doesn't have a legitimate edge pass rusher.
5. CB - There are massive issues at this position. Even when Milliner and McDougle return, there will be questions.

Medium Priority
1. ILB - Demario Davis looks really good, but even if David Harris doesn't walk in free agency he's nearing the end of his career.
2. LT - The same thing can be said of D'Brickashaw Ferguson, but he's not anywhere near hitting free agency.
3. RT - I find it highly unlikely that Breno Giacomini is the long-term answer.
4. RB - Chris Ivory is solid, but Chris Johnson is as good as gone and Bilal Powell is set to hit free agency.
5. NT - There's a good chance the Jets will lose Kenrick Ellis to free agency. They'll need a serviceable back-up to Damon Harrison.

Low Priority
1. TE - They don't need a starter. Jace Amaro flashed promise and will likely see a lot of playing time in 2015, but adding a complimentary blocker will probably be important.
2. S - Calvin Pryor showed more bad than good this season, and it's unlikely the current tandem can be counted on in the long-term, but this is a pure luxury at this point compared with every other issue on this team.
Harbinger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYG

Biggest Weaknesses:
Free Safety
Defensive End/Edge rushing LB (ONLY if JPP leaves)
Offensive Guard

Needs depth:
Wide Receiver
Offensive Tackle
Defensive Tackle
Cornerback
Running Back

In any given draft class, I would say all of these positions sans RB and strictly OG's are possibilities at number 9. If magically Leonard Williams or Amari Cooper are there, we're taking them over Brandon Scherff or Cedric Ogbuehi. Don't care what other Giants fans say, they were all agreeing on Zack Martin and laughing at all notions of Odell Beckham last year based solely on position.

Don't bother mocking a TE, QB, or an LB that isn't a pass rusher. Won't happen.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston Texans:

QB, obviously our biggest need but at pick #16 I don't see anyone worth that pick, Mariota isn't falling that far and we won't be interested in Winston.
OT, Derek Newton at RT is a FA and could use an upgrade.
CB, Kareem Jackson is a FA and Jonathan Joseph will be in the last year of his contract, this could be a very high need depending on resigning Jackson or not.
OLB, Clowney is injured and probably won't be ready for next season, we need insurance at WOLB and possibly a replacement at SOLB because Reed is a FA.
WR, slot and a replacement for Andre Johnson on the outside. AJ's getting old and doesn't have the speed he once did.
FS, probably just some depth here, I think Kendrick Lewis will get resigned.
ILB, Cushing isn't the player he used to be at SILB and we just rotate the WILB.
O-line depth at all positions.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Francisco 49ers

1. A true #1 WR. Boldin is an awesome possession guy. Stevie J is solid, too. Ellington and Patton are question marks. However, the Niners need a guy who can do it all. Not just make those contested catches or work the YAC game, but get open deep as well.

Urgency rating:
9.5/10

2. 3-4 DE. Ray McDonald is gone. Justin Smith isn't getting any younger and is looking likely to retire. While Dorsey can play solid DE and Tank and Dial have shown some flashes, I still think the Niners need "that guy" who will really dominate the LOS.

Urgency rating:
9.5/10 if JSmith retires.
9/10 if he stays.

3. TE. Whether it's injuries, effort, or age, VD has played his way off this team. Vance McDonald is a pretty woeful pass catcher, but a very good blocker. Derek Carrier has shown some nice flashes, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in his basket. I'd like to see the team grab a more traditional TE. VD was awesome for the unique weapon he was, but he was never really reliable as a safety blanket for Kap.

Urgency rating:
8/10

4. CB. This is a bigger need if they can't re-sign either Cox or Culliver. If they can re-sign just one, I actually like the depth they have with Culliver or Cox/Brock/Johnson/Ward in the slot plus a couple of red shirt guys in Reaser and Acker.

Urgency rating:
8/10 if neither Cox or Cully re-sign.
4/10 if just one re-signs.
1/10 if both re-sign(highly unlikely)

5. OL Depth. Although he's not a sure thing by any means, I feel pretty good about Brandon Thomas taking over for Iupati at LG. That said, another young guard to compete with him/prepare to take over for Boone in 2016 if he leaves would be nice. Also, even though he probably hasn't been as bad as some people would make you believe, finding a better swing tackle than Jon Martin would be ideal.

Urgency rating:
6/10

These last five I'd all score under a 5 in terms of urgency, and should probably be looked at as later round options.

6. Back-up QB. If not only to push Kap, but to end the cycle of bust reclamation projects
7. Pass rusher. I'm of the mind that you can never have too many of them.
8. Back-up Safety. Craig Dahl is atrocious and likely gone. LJ McCray is a question mark. Need someone who they can feel confident in playing if Bethea goes down or heaven forbid Reid has another concussion.
9. Kicker. Phil Dawson isn't getting any younger.
10. Scatback RB. Niners need a guy who can be dangerous on those outside the tackle run plays. Kendall Hunter will be back, but he's coming off his second major leg injury.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Priority

-Guard: The 2014 Chargers might have had the worst guard play in the entire league this year. Both Chad Rinehart and Johnnie Troutman struggled significantly and the Chargers were 31st in rushing YPC. On top of that QB Philip Rivers was one of the most pressured QB's in the league this season and might be heading into the 2015 season coming off back surgery.

-RB: Ryan Mathews once again proved he can't be count on and is a free agent. The Donald Brown signing was a bust and there is a good chance he is let go. And while Brandon Oliver had a nice season, he ultimately is a number two runner. Danny Woodhead will be back, but he is a third down RB and not a true lead back in RBBC that the Chargers sorely need.

-NT/DE: The Chargers were near the bottom of the league in terms of YPC by opposing teams. The team is in some serious need of more size up front to help out the LB's.

Medium Priority

-WR: San Diego has decent core of Allen, Floyd, and Royal. But the team really could use some more speed on the outside.

-S: Starter Marcus Gilchrist is a free agent and a replacement level talent. The team could use an upgrade there.

Lower Priority

-CB: Moves to high priority if the team is unable to resign Brandon Flowers.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts
S - Mike Adams will be 34 and is a free agent, LaRon Landry just isn't that effective anymore and Sergio Brown and Colt Anderson are better special teams players then defensive players. Outside of Landry the only other S that is currently under contract is undrafted FA S Dewey McDonald.

DE/DT - Cory Redding is a free agent and just turned 34. Even if we re-sign Redding we need some depth to push Ricky Jean-Francois and Zach Kerr.

WR - Outside of T.Y. Hilton and Donte Moncrief all of the Colts other WRs are FA. Reggie Wayne is 35 and should likely be brought back as a third option behind Hilton and Moncrief. Nicks won't be re-signed

OG - Donald Thomas will likely be a cap casualty, injured for the passed 2 years and carrying a pretty decent cap number. Hugh Thornton regressed a little this year before going on IR at the end of the year.

OLB - The extent of Mathis' Achilles injury is uncertain at this moment. And Bjoern Werner and Jonathan Newson each showed some promise at different times this year. An additional OLB to push the younger 2 and compete for rotational work with Mathis and Walden would be pretty good

HB - Bradshae and Ballard have both finished the last 2 season on IR. TRich can't get it done and Boom Herron is inconsistent with an occasional touch of the dropsies.

ILB - Need an ILB to help on special teams. Not certain what will happen with the Josh McNary rape allegations but he is an exclusive rights FA so I'm not sure the team will tender him unless something breaks before the deadline to tender comes about. Either way competition for last year's draft pick Andrew Jackson and CFL star Henoc Muamba to back up DQ and Jerrell Freeman wouldn't hurt.

CB - Davis and Toler will be back but our #'s 3 and 4 Darius Butler (turning 29) and Josh Gordy (turning 28) are FAs. need a CB in the event either of the 2 isn't re-signed with the hopes that someone will replace Toler (30) down the road.
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Giants

High Priority
Free Safety, Strong Safety- Currently do not have a starting caliber Safety
Offensive Tackle or Guard - The offensive line is just one player away from being complete.

Medium Priority
Linebacker depth - Need insurance against Beason being injured again.
Defensive Tackle - Outside of Hankins who can be counted on? Bromley saw limited snaps, Jenkins had a horrible year and is 34.

People need to keep in mind if this coaching staff does not make the playoffs next year they will be fired, Reese is on the heat seat for the first time. They can't spend early round draft picks on players that will need a year to develop before they can be impact players. They need those early round draft picks to be impact players right away or they will be most likely be out of a job.

Even though they are not known for doing such, could see them trading back in the first round to pick up an extra second pick to help address needs. For example trading down and getting a safety in the first round then using the second round picks to pick up a guard and defensive tackle that can start right away.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans

1.) PR(3-4 OLB)
2.) QB
3.) S(Both FS and SS)
4.) RT
5.) OG
6.) WR
7.) NT
8.) 3-4 DE
9.) RB
10.) ILB
11.) CB

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE stop giving the Browns Danny Shelton.
GamedayGuru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints

1. 3-4 OLB/edge rusher - need an edge pass rusher opposite junior galette. parys haralson is good vs the run but can't rush.
2. CB - keenan lewis is a beast, but there is no one else
3. Coverage LB - Vacarro switches to linebacker a lot in the nickel hybrid, but it still leaves lofton in coverage, who is a good run stuffer, but can't cover.
4. Interior Line - Ben Grubbs and johnathan goodwin have been terrible. The tackle spots are set with terron armstead and strief.
5. RB - If Ingram leaves all you have is a 30 year old Pierre Thomas and an unproven Khiry Robinson
NE_SBChamps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Patriots Needs Reply with quote

The Patriots are always built on the sum of the parts is greater model. Depth is the most critical factor.

That said, in some ways, with so many free agents, this is a transition year for the depth of the roster.

1 - High Priority
2 - Important Priority
3 - If value present, add to depth
4 - Limited Priority
5 - No need

QB - 5 (Brady, Garoppolo)
Brady will play another 3-4 years and this replacement is already in house. Since the Patriots rarely carry a third, expect a practice squad player to play the role of the #3 qb.

RB - 2 (Blount, Gray, Develin, White)
The Patriots will add a RB in this draft, likely in rounds 3-4 where history has shown they like to find RBs. This could change if Vereen or Ridley re-signs.

WR - 3 (LaFell, Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Tyms)
Expect the Patriots to add a WR somewhere in FA or draft. With a high volume a veteran FA receivers, I expect it through that route. Find a veteran who wants to win a championship and sell him on playing for less to win (Fitzgerald, when he's cut?)

TE - 3 (Gronk, Wright, Hoomanawanui)
Wright hasn't solidified the Move TE spot and if a player falls in their lap (Funchess), this could be a need.

OT - 4
Both Solder and Vollmer are under contract for 2015 and the top backup (Cannon) just re-signed. I don't expect much addition at the T spot.

OG - 1
Dan Connolly is a FA. Ryan Wendell was suspect at times (and injured). In house options (Devey, Kline) did play well in spot starts. I expect to see a G added in rounds 2-3

C - 4
Bryan Stork had a great rookie season and should be the starter in Foxborough for years to come.

K - 3 - Only because Goskowski is a FA. The Pats may franchise him or McCourty. If re-signed, K becomes a 5 rating.

P - 5 - Ryan Allen had a strong year.

LS - Aiken was erratic at times, then we learned he played with broken fingers. Expect him back. BUT, they also re-signed Tyler Ott. He make take Aiken's spot.

DE - 3 (Jones, Ninkovich) return as starters. The Patriors may want to add some depth in this area in round 4-5.

DT - 1 ( Easley, Siliga, Jones) Expect a bounce from Easley, who teammates raved about. This past year was a really a redshirt year for him to recover from injuries. That said, Belichick needs a bigger body to play some of the multiple fronts he likes. I do expect a first round or second round pick will be spent in this area. With Wilfork gone, DT may usurp OG with a first round pick.

LB - 3 (Mayo. Hightower, Collins, Casillas, and a number of depth guys)
Mayo has a 10 mil cap hit and could be cut. Collins and Hightower have emerged as stars. With the Patriots playing fewer and fewer 3-4 LB sets, this isn't a huge area of need, but if one fell, I could see BB jumping at the opportunity.

CB -1 - Revis bolting for the Loserville shook up the Pats DBs. #1 - Browner was a fit opposite Revis, but not as much without. Thus, they moved on from him as well. With Dennard, Ryan, Butler, and Arrington returning the forecast isn't as bleak as most will make it out. But make no mistake, the defense is much worse without Revis and finding a lockdown corner now becomes a priority.

S - 4 (McCourty, Chung, Harmon)
Pats re-sign McCourty. With Chung recently resigned, depth is present and there is not much need here. Add in a dearth of depth/sub types and I don't expect the Pats to dig into a thin S market in FA or draft.

Last edited by NE_SBChamps on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:41 am; edited 2 times in total
footyfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Houston Texans:

QB, obviously our biggest need but at pick #16 I don't see anyone worth that pick, Mariota isn't falling that far and we won't be interested in Winston.
OT, Derek Newton at RT is a FA and could use an upgrade.
CB, Kareem Jackson is a FA and Jonathan Joseph will be in the last year of his contract, this could be a very high need depending on resigning Jackson or not.
OLB, Clowney is injured and probably won't be ready for next season, we need insurance at WOLB and possibly a replacement at SOLB because Reed is a FA.
WR, slot and a replacement for Andre Johnson on the outside. AJ's getting old and doesn't have the speed he once did.
FS, probably just some depth here, I think Kendrick Lewis will get resigned.
ILB, Cushing isn't the player he used to be at SILB and we just rotate the WILB.
O-line depth at all positions.
Agree with you more than the other Texans fan.
I think Texans get Mallett done so between him and Fitz, they wont be looking at QB this draft.
With Clowney and Nix being possible doubtfuls for the early part of the season, I think pass rush is still a high priority as is NT with Pickett now 36.
Both of those can be addressed with a versatile NT/DT - like Malcom Brown.
If they move Andre Johnson, then WR is obviously a high priority and the same goes for DB Kareem Jackson.
Derek Newton turned the corner and had a very good year ranking inside the top ten RT's and knows our system. Still, some depth for the line would be nice, but not priority - later rounds will do.
As you also mentioned, ILB needs attention.
It's all gonna boil down to who leaves in FA and is not replaced through FA, but my money is on pass rush - and god knows JJ needs help on that line.
Get a decent pass rush, and that will help out the whole defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: