Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Team Needs Thread Reply with quote

Getting a team needs thread up now that we're starting to get more mock drafts so that people have a reference.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota Vikings

LG - Charlie Johnson doesn't cut it.
ILB - Jasper Brinkley is slightly better at what he does than Charlie Johnson is.
S - Robert Blanton looks like a good back-up safety who can spot start, but a top starter next to Harrison Smith, I'd like that.
WR - Tall WR, Patterson hasn't learned the playbook that fast, Greg Jennings is good at what Greg Jennings does, and Johnson seems solid, but no jump ball WR.
OLB - Greenway is getting older, could easily be replaced.
CB - Some would say this is higher, but Munnerlyn and Robinson are serviceable as starters.
LT - Would have been higher, and if they can get a LT like Stanley, I could see them doing it, but Kalil has improved these past few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DETROIT LIONS

LG - Sims is on his way out
RT - This seems to be a carousel. It would help to have one of our guys win it outright, otherwise we need to address it in the draft
DT - Suh and Fairley are both FA's with the possibility of neither being re-signed.
CB - Mathis has played well but he's up there in age. We need to find someone to play opposite of Slay. Bentley and Lawson are candidates for slot corner when they return next year from injury

These are needs but to a lesser extent (IMO)

HB - Reggie Bush has battled injuries and hasn't shown the same form as last year. Joique Bell and Theo Riddick form a decent combination in themselves. However, this is a team that has been in the bottom of the league for rushing. This does need to be improved but a part of that can be blamed on the offensive line

LT - I'm not certain if Reiff is the answer at LT. If a top level tackle is available, we may have to make the move.

SS - Ihedigbo has been a decent replacement for Delmas but I think he's a stop gap. We could look at developing someone to replace him in a year or so

WR - Calvin Johnson is aging and consistently battling injuries. When he's healthy, he shows why he is still one of the top WR's in the game. When he's out, the offense really struggles and we've been VERY fortunate to find a great compliment in Golden Tate. We will need to find Calvin's replacement in the next two years

QB (Back up) - We need a decent young back up for Stafford
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneers

QB Duh
C As a whole most if not all of the OL should be gone next season.
G See above
T See above
S After trading barron we definitely need a safety
MLB Foster is serviceable but we need a true MLB.
DL Depth
CB Leonard Johnson sucks. need a Nickel CB.

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea!

UPDATED 1/22

EAGLES

High Priority
QB - If Mariota slips by the Jets, the Eagles will surely trade up and draft Mariota. If not, they'll either reach for Hundley in the 1st or if they're lucky, get him in the 2nd round.

CB - Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher were dreadful this past year. Even if we pick up someone in FA, we'll still take a CB early in the draft. DO NOT have us drafting Marcus Peters in your mock. Having high character guys is a huge priority for the Eagles organization. Peters can play but he has way too many red flags in terms of character. Trae Waynes and PJ Williams would be realistic selections in the 1st.

SS - Malcolm Jenkins has been a great FS but Nate Allen, while improved, is still well below average. We'll probably address this in rounds 2 or 3.

Medium Priority
ILB - Mychal Kendricks is a budding superstar and while I love Demeco Ryans, he's 30, injury prone, coming off a ruptured achilles, and is entering the last year of his contract. We also have little depth behind him. This is wishful thinking, but I'd love for us to draft Mychal's brother, Eric Kendricks, in the 2nd/3rd round.

OG - Evan Mathis (33) and Todd Herremans (32) are getting up there in age. Herremans is also constantly banged up and rapidly regressing. The O-line is what makes this offense go. We have some decent backups, but I fully expect us to take a guard somewhere in rounds 3-5.

Pending
WR - Jeremy Maclin is a free agent this year. If a team throws a boatload of cash at him, I doubt he returns. That's something to watch.

3-4 OLB - Trent Cole will be cut but the fans and media are under the assumption that Brandon Graham, who's actually outplayed Cole, will be resigned. If he's not resigned, this becomes a huge need despite us spending a 1st round pick on Marcus Smith last year. All signs are pointing toward bust for him unfortunately.

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil

Last edited by Art_Vandalay on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 am; edited 6 times in total
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*

For the Jaguars...

RB - Denard Robinson has been good, we could use a more power based back to take some of the load if Gerhart doesn't bounce back. Not something that I could see us spending an early pick on.
WR - We added three rookies that have all shown a spark, but a true elite #1 early isn't out of the realm of possibility if we address some of the other spots with free agents.
TE - A dynamic pass catcher may not be available where we pick, but if there is one, it's an option. More likely addressed via Free Agency.
OL - everywhere outside of RG could stand to be addressed at some level. Joeckel has struggled, but given his draft position and youth, he's probably not getting replaced yet. But a swing LT/LG is an option, especially if they can be plugged in at LG immediately. Competition at C is something a later pick could be used on. RT may be something that needs to be addressed early as well.
LEO - Always can use more pass rushers, and while we've gotten good production out of the position, having a true guy here would be great.
NT - Miller is in the last year of his deal and we could get better there. Space heater type is most likely.
5-Tech - The combo of Bryant/Alualu has been good, but Alualu may be gone, and it would be nice if we can get a pass rusher at the spot (Leonard Williams, maybe?)
OTTO LB - this is our SAM/blitz LB. We really don't have anyone who truly works here.
MLB - Poz just isn't good anymore, and while JT Thomas has been okay, an upgrade is needed
FS - We run a lot of single high safety sets and need the dynamic playmaker back there. We're looking for players in the Thomas/McCourty mold. Evans is a perfect 3rd safety, but not great enough to be a starter on a team that consistently relies on him being the last line of defense.

Bold are the spots that I would identify as our biggest needs, italics are positions that I could see legitimate possibility for us drafting in the first three rounds, depending on whatever you figure we do with all our money in Free Agency.

Live life like you're down 3-1
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens

WR Steve Smith is going to be 36 and Torrey is a free agent
CB Jimmy's injury prone, and it looks the the ACLs have ruined Webbs career
OLB(Pass rusher) Suggs and Dumervil are both going to be over 30
Safety Will Hill is a free agent, and all of our other safeties are bad

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Atlanta Falcons:

Edge player
Coverage Linebacker
Running Back
Tight End
Nickel Corner
Depth on OL (OL starters are good to go though. No need for this til the 3rd day).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything....

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
MachMan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona Cardinals

High-Priority
OLB
We have been in a dire need of a pass rusher for quite some time. As good as our defense is now, it would be a lot better with a pure pass rusher. Bowles has done a great job of generating pressure by manufacturing a rush but it doesn't always work out. Having a pure pass rusher would take this defense to a whole other level.

ILB
Larry Foote has done a great job. He most likely won't be back next year and even if he is, we will be looking to improve at the position. Who knows what will happen with Daryl Washington. But either way, we're in need of an ILB to at least push Kevin Minter.

Mid-Priority
RB
It's clear we need another back to take some carries away from Ellington. Taylor has been average at best. Kerwyn Williams has played exceptionally well so far. Depending on how he plays in the last couple weeks and playoffs, he may even take that role. But if not, I bet we take one in the middle rounds of the draft.

DE
We already have great depth at this position but you can never go wrong with adding another player to the D-line. This also goes into our need for a pure pass rusher. We don't need to have a guy who racks up 15 sacks a season but to have one who can come in and pick up a sack every now and then would really help our D.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston Texans:

QB- Obviously we need one. Ryan Fitzpatrick isnt the answer at QB. Mallett is an unknown and he is a free agent at the end of the season, and Tom Savage shouldnt be looked as the QB of the future.

CB- Kareem Jackson is a free agent. I like AJ Bouye and Darryl Morris but I consider them more of a nickle corner back. If Jackson leaves then CB becomes a high priority.

ILB- Brian Cushing hasnt been the same since his injury last season. We havent had a good ILB next to him since we traded DeMeco Ryans.

S- DJ Swearinger isnt a ball hawk safety. Daneil Manning is only signed for 1 year and Kendrick Lewis in on a one year deal. Texans need a ball hawking safety and havent had one since their inception.

Slot WR- Bill O'Brien stresses the need for slot WR in his offense. Damaris Johnson and Keshawn Martin arent good receivers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summary:
It's getting tougher and tougher to say our needs as there are more question marks as the season goes on. Do we trade Vernon, Brooks, Boone? Will Gore be back and for how long? Will Cox, Culliver or Cook be back? I think we have to see who gets re-signed and who gets traded before we know our needs and even then it's up in the air with 3-4 spots being potential 1st round picks. It could be DL, WR, CB, even TE if Vernon is traded. Heck I wouldn't even rule out RB if we fall in love with Gordon (20 range or trade down?) or maybe we wait until the 2nd to draft a guy like Gurley. OLB, Backup QB, ILB, etc might be mid to late round picks.

Possible Needs:
WR - It's looking more like Crabtree won't be back and that means WR could be a need. That leaves us Boldin, Johnson, Ellington and Patton which I think we would be ok with if we had a passing oc . Could also go after a vet fa or trade. It would be up to us if we want to go into the season with that and let Ellington and Patton show their stuff or draft a WR early. It's best not re-sign Lloyd so we dont hinder Ellington and Patton anymore.

OL - Kilgore or M. Martin will be the C of the future most likely. I think Iupati will be gone after this year and Boone after next year. It will be a need this year or next if Looney/Thomas/backup C can't take over those spots. The best man will take over at LG after this year and hopefully the other can take over at RG the year after. J. Martin is signed through next year but I don't think he is the 3rd T of the future so 3rd T could also be a need. I could see another G/T combo and/or a 3rd T as our picks.

Pass Rushing DL - TJE is a FA after this year I expect him gone. I make McDonald restructure after this year for his final year of the contract. I don't see him being with us after next year or maybe even after this year. We have plenty of guys who can handle the run I want someone who can bring us a consistent pass rush. I think someone early to compete with Dial/Carradine/Williams (Dorsey NT) for McDonald's and Smith's spots after they leave would really give us nice depth and allow us to rotate more.

Backup QB - Gabbert and Johnson are FA's after this year. We need to pick a guy in rounds 2-4 and develop him to be the backup of the future. No more playing with broken washed up vets.

CB Depth - Culliver, Cox and Cook will all be FA's after this year but I could see Cox and possibly Cook (camp comp) back. We've done a good job with developing CB's and have a top 5 pass D despite no pass rush. I'd be fine going into next year with Brock, Cox, Ward/Johnson, Reaser, Acker and maybe a rookie to compete with Acker or Reaser. So I could see CB early but I could see it late or not at all. If we keep Fangio, Donatell and company I won't worry about CB as much since they have done a good job with whoever they have to work with.

RB Depth - Who knows if we will re-sign Gore. If Gore's signed for 1 more year then we could draft someone early to mid rounds; if 2 more years probably not. Also, depends if we think Hunter will be camp competition or if we expect him to be 100% and a factor. Millard could be short yardage #4 back. Hunter #3? Hyde 1 or 2? So will Gore, Hyde or a rookie be the #1?

TE - Doubt we trade Vernon after this year but if we could get say a 1st, 2nd or 3rd we would have to think about it with him having 1 year left and being 31-32 by that time and wanting big money. If we do TE could be a 1st or 2nd round need. If we don't it's up to us when we want to draft his replacement. McDonald should finish out his contract as the #2 or 3, Carrier is with us at least another year as the #2 or 3.

4th and/or 5th S - Dahl will likely be gone as we can save 1.7 mil by cutting him next year. Reid, Bethea and Ward will likely be 1-3. So we will likely need a #4 and/or 5 depending on how McCray does. Someone who can play ST at a high level as well.

4th or 5th OLB - I think we will extend Aldon before his contract is up after 2015. Lynch and Aldon should be the future. Having Brooks take a pay cut or even trading or cutting him should be in our plans. If he's gone then I could see Skuta back and then maybe draft someone to compete with Lemonier for the last spot. If Brooks takes a big pay cut and stays which is unlikely then maybe we are set with Aldon, Lynch, Brooks, Skuta?/Lemonier?

4th ILB - Bowman, Willis, Borland, Rookie/Moody/Wilhoite (if re-signed). If they don't plan on re-signing Wilhoite and Moody isn't the answer then they could draft one in the mid to late rounds.

No Need:
FB - Miller plus Millard coming in later this year or next year.
AkGoneRiseUp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
For the Atlanta Falcons:

Edge player
Coverage Linebacker
Running Back
Tight End
Nickel Corner
Depth on OL (OL starters are good to go though. No need for this til the 3rd day).

Need a WR too, Roddy not getting any younger
famousj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Jets Team Needs:

QB PLEASE!!!
CB Preferably someone who has a history of playing CB
WR If Percy Harvin will not restructure.
OG Left and Right side needs to be upgraded.
Outside Pass Rusher Team sack leader is a DT.
RB Chris Johnson is done and Bilal Powell is a free agent
LB - David Harris is a free agent. Need to groom a replacement.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland-

NT
OLB
WR
O-line depth

NT, OLB, WR should be addressed in the first 2 rounds.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: