Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft move

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egrizzard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Draft move Reply with quote

Do ya'll really believe that the Colts are set on Maroney? Seems funny to me that they would let that leak if it was true. Not good poker--

Will the Colts wait and just grab the one that falls to them--(White, Williams, Maroney,Adai-------)

Thoughts?
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Draft move Reply with quote

egrizzard wrote:
Do ya'll really believe that the Colts are set on Maroney? Seems funny to me that they would let that leak if it was true. Not good poker--

Will the Colts wait and just grab the one that falls to them--(White, Williams, Maroney,Adai-------)

Thoughts?

This is the real tricky thing about this draft... there are no good percentages on anything that will happen. We still dont really know if Bush is gonna go first (if another team trades up to get Lionart). The reason being, is because over 200 players are already under new contracts with multiple new teams involved. There have been big name payers traded, picks swapped, and the draft has increasingly become more and more unpredictable. Now add in that the NFL is NEVER predictable. However, if Maroney falls to the Colts, they will not have to think long, unless White or Williams is still on the board, which is also a possibility. If/When Addai falls to them, dont expect them to draft this second round talent, in the first round. I do believe that they will jump on one of the 4 top backs given the opportunity, however, if not given the the opportunity, expect one of three things.

1) They take Demeco Ryans or another available LB talent in the first with the 30th pick and then get a RB like Calhoun or Drew later in the second (maybe trade up their second rounder to get a shot at Addai).

2) The second possibility would be trading down with the 30th pick, taking Addai (Calhoun, Drew) and getting extra picks and taking a LB later in the second.

3) If they expect other teams to pick their targets/prospects, they may break tradition and trade up infront of Carolina and the NYJ (two possibilities to take RB's in the first, even though i personally dont believe they will) probably to the 25th pick (NYG) and take the best available back and surrender a 3rd round pick (720 points, NYG to 744 points, IND).

-Remember that most all of these teams keep in contact and there are many calls made on draft day, so they will know where they stand come draft day(see 2004 Bob sanders selection/moving down repeatedly)

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if any of the big 4 fall to the colts they will take him

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUfbondarebound wrote:
if any of the big 4 fall to the colts they will take him

yeah i think i covered that rather well 2 posts above.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: