Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LUCUS IS ON HIS WAY OUT!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawkfan68

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Bell nabbed by the Chiefs Reply with quote

The Seahawks just lost another candidate to solidify their defense. Kendrell Bell signed a 7 yr deal with the Chiefs. I really don't know what's going on with the Hawks. They sign this dude that's supposed to be solid football guy, Tim Ruskell and since have done absolutely nothing to improve their team. I'm watching players that could help the Hawks be grabbed by other teams, and some of our division foes have gotten better. We've lost Lucas and now Okeafor because we failed to do anything. Is anyone home? They are banking on all their marbles on getting Surtain and even that doesn't address their biggest need which is MLB, in my opinion. The Cardinals have vastly improved are, in my opinion, probably better than the hawks as it stands. Their defense is more solid that's for sure. They've added Kurt Warner, Chike Okeafor, and are the front runners to get Hartwell. What are the Seahawks waiting for? Can someone answer the million dollar question?
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Dolphins Fan and a BIG fan of Surtain, I was hoping you could tell me how close this deal is to being completed! What have you heard the seahawks will give up? First? second? Second and third or second and 4th?
hawkfan68

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about all the details but I've seen articles on ESPN that state the Seahawks are leading the chase for Surtain. As for the specifics of the potential trade I don't know. I've heard seahawks' second round pick.
hawkfan68

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Big trade rumor Reply with quote

I just saw a posting that said there is a deal in works between Miami and Seattle. Seattle would get Patrick Surtain and Jason Taylor, while Miami gets Shaun Alexander (that's what SI.com is reporting and here's the forum where I saw this posting http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=21&ur=142370433&sub=338029). Since Shaun is a franchise player doesn't that also mean that Seattle would get Miami's first round pick as well? Or is that only if Miami signs him to an offer through free agency? Still I think that would be a heckuva trade. They address two weakness on defense, DE and CB. Plus the hawks have the option of drafting a top running back or LB in the 1st or 2nd rounds.
buttaonaroll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason taylor isnt going anywhere, and surtain aint gonna ba a hawk unless SAs wearin aqua an orange next year
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loss of Lucas hurts. I think he was arguably our best CB in 2004. We only really had two good ones (Trufant, Lucas). He's got some tremendous skills that we will miss.

That said, I'm still glad we didn't pay what it would have taken to keep him (jeeez, what a ton of money he got...good for him though).

Losing Lucas elevates CB to the top of our team needs IMO. There is no one on our team to play opposite Trufant (My God! what would we do if Trufant went down for a few games?).

We simply must get another CB on the roster. Taylor isn't the answer because of some serious durability problems. We don't really have any other CBs who are even fit to be a nickel back IMO.

If we don't sign a veteran who can play we'll need to use our first pick on a CB. Most likely, we'll pick up a veteran AND use a first day pick on a CB. It's a good year for CBs.
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I just noticed on another site that we just made an offer to Herndon. He's a small (but good) CB on the Bronco's. He's an RFA so the Bronco's can match the offer.

It would be a nice pickup for the Seahawks. That would remove CB from the top of the list of "most desperately needed" positions.

We still need another CB, but, if we actually get to sign him (Denver doesn't match), I no longer would consider us desperate.

Again, it would be a nice pickup for us.

The really good thing about it if we get him is that it would really allow us to go into the 2005 draft and take BPA all across the first three or four picks.

We still need a MLB in there somewhere...if we can get a decent veteran there, we'll be in pretty good shape on D -- at least not worse than we were last year.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha hey buddy, you are really pulling out the old threads huh...its cool though
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read an article that said Kelly Herndon, CB, Denver just signed with Seattle.

I'll try to find that and post it up. I thought that was pretty hot news. I hadn't heard it before.
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was put on espn.com tonight.

By John Clayton, ESPN.com

The Seattle Seahawks hope they have filled their second most important defensive need Wednesday by reaching a five-year, $15 million deal with Broncos cornerback Kelly Herndon that includes a $4.5 million signing bonus.

The reason that they can only hope to fill the need is they have to wait seven days to see if they get the Denver Broncos cornerback. Herndon is a restricted free agent even though he doesn't require any draft compensation from the Seahawks. The Broncos have seven days to match the offer or let him go to the Seahawks.

Herndon played 99 percent of the Broncos' defensive snaps last season even though he was projected to be the No. 3 cornerback behind Champ Bailey and Lenny Walls. According to Stats Inc., Herndon led the league with 23 passes defensed and had only 51 percent of the passes thrown in his direction completed.

Though he would have liked to remain with the Broncos, Herndon was tempted by the Seattle situation because he would clearly have the chance to start.

The Seahawks needed to find a cornerback replacement after Ken Lucas signed a six-year, $37 million deal with Carolina two weeks ago. After considering Andre Dyson of the Titans and a couple of other possibilities such as Dolphins cornerback Patrick Surtain, the Seahawks focused on Herndon on Monday and Tuesday.

Last week, Broncos restricted tight end Jeb Putzier signed a five-year, $12.5 million with the Jets, but the Broncos matched after seven days. That put a further strain on a tight salary cap.

Herndon was an undrafted rookie for the 49ers in 1999. He has also been with the Giants and Broncos. The Broncos signed him in 2001 and ended up being a starter by 2003.

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Herndon went to Toledo.

The Broncos face an interesting decision involving Herndon. They could match the offer on Herndon and remove the first-round tender from starting cornerback Lenny Walls. Or the Broncos can keep Walls and let Herndon go.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: