Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LUCUS IS ON HIS WAY OUT!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seahawks8228

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: LUCUS IS ON HIS WAY OUT!! Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3436332

ken lucus signed a massive contract w/ da panthers
hawkfan68

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw that. Man, the Hawks inactivity is really starting to worry me. Most of the top guys are getting signed. Hayward (ex-Bronco) just signed with the Jags, Pierce (ex-Redskin) signed with Giants, and now Lucas (ex-Hawk)signs with Carolina. All three could have helped our D. Plus now there's talk that Anthony Simmons will be released. Someone is asleep at the wheel in Hawkville. They better step up and sign Ty Law or Samari Rolle to replace Lucas. So far all they've done is offer contracts to those who kept getting beat in games by the Rams and the Cowboys (The Berriera, Richards, Manuels). While other teams are signing starters, the Hawks are signing benchwarmers. Hmmm... Do they really want to win? Is there any hope left?
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: hawks Reply with quote

You have to have back-ups and special teams to win.I knew he would get huge money,but we have Richard.Now we have better sign a Linebacker or Okeafor, someone.
seahawks8228

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im so pissed about da hawks FA signings ...THEYVE DONE NUTHIN and now the rams got cockly (SP) and claiborne(SP)
we r goin get dominated by da rams next year....i got no hope ne more and i relli dont care cuz we can do horrible next year and get a top 10 draft pick
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people relax...the rams got dexter whos like 33...and claiborn isnt a bad pick up but he isnt great...will lucas leaving hurt us? yea...but look at NE...you dont necessarily have to have great cbs...and especially for the price he was going. supposedly the hawks are talkin to cb renaldo hill of arizona...and with simmons i mean he rarely played last year and had attitude issues off the field...were tryin to get those people out..dont be surprised if SA gets shipped elsewhere either...ruskell knows what hes doin here...lets go get hartwell now
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pats secondary isn't that great but their front seven i think isn't too shabby! we'll sign someone, ithink that we were trying to be conservative cuz now we have to overpay someone big. I just hope its someone young like hartwell, trotter is strong but he's alittle older and will want a lng term deal. lucas i think is going t hurt but ty law has a few more probowls in him. bottom line is he knows how to win. pay him. trade alexander for surtain? option? one way to look at it is that there's GOT TO BE some changes now. shake things up. lets see how committed to winning we are!
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea, lucas had one goode year. a contract year no less. second round pick should ha e been putting up #'s two years ago. 11 career picks with six last year. we need help asap though!
hawkfan68

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jer gibbons wrote:
the pats secondary isn't that great but their front seven i think isn't too shabby! we'll sign someone, ithink that we were trying to be conservative cuz now we have to overpay someone big. I just hope its someone young like hartwell, trotter is strong but he's alittle older and will want a lng term deal. lucas i think is going t hurt but ty law has a few more probowls in him. bottom line is he knows how to win. pay him. trade alexander for surtain? option? one way to look at it is that there's GOT TO BE some changes now. shake things up. lets see how committed to winning we are!

It'd be awesome if we can get Hartwell. I definitely would feel better about things. They need to move quickly if they want him because he's close to signing with KC from what I hear. I'm not sold on Richard (It's the one point I disagree with "Shonuff" on). I don't know why everyone thinks he's a good corner. What has he done to indicate that? I agree you need depth and special teams to win. We had good special teams until they got rid of Pete Rodriguez as a coach. It went down hill from there. Now I think we got a decent coach in Bob Casullo and that should help. We really need to evaluate our linebackers. I think that is the one area that is the weakest on the team. We have no depth there. Kaz sucks as a linebacker but is a great special teams player. He misses so many tackles it just frustrates me. He's from Harvard, so he must be somewhat intelligent. The first thing they teach you about tackling is to wrap the opponent. He must have missed that lesson. I know I'm nitpicking but I'm tired of being mediocre. It's time to stop hearing about how talented the hawks are and start living up to it.
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksfan68, you'e absolutely right,after they let simmons go they HAVE TO sign Hartwell. Period. If not then what? who's left? so we cut simmons. ok. who's next on the depth chart? dd lewis? Im scratching my head there. package him and ship him off. he's fast as hell. At least get a special teamer for him. a holder anything. somebody out there wouldn't take a fast olb? Richard is not the answer. get surtain get law get somebody. but hey, maybe richard could come on like lucas? is it a contract year maybe? Dear Mr. Allen......get out your checkbook. you overpay underacheivers, you may as well overpay some all-pros.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha gibbons...good call...i want hartwell more than anyone out there...if not him look at kendrell bell...defensive rookie of the year in 2001...we had to let simmons go because he had a bad attitude and we want to get away from that mode of people...id lvoe to get surtain as well...hes had more ints than anyone over the last 5 years...hartwell, surtain and ill be saitisfied...add a de (or resign chike) ill be more than satisfied
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im all 4 trimming the sttitudes for sure, but the top of the draft isn't that great or lb's but there are a lot of great values this year 2-5 if we play our cards right. we could have got something for him is all. im glad we are making a statement for sure. is nate wayne still out there or did the eagles sign him back? all miami wants a 2nd. do it. we cant draft a top cb there. he's less expensive than law. hes under 30, how many years is he under contract and what is his cap #? anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got the info from seattle times on surtain. his # in 05 is big but that can be reduced with an extension right?
seahawks8228

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard from a website that the hawks r in the front running to get surtain....nebody else heard/seen this? i dont kno wat the site was tho..sry
hawkfan68

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jer gibbons wrote:
Hawksfan68, you'e absolutely right,after they let simmons go they HAVE TO sign Hartwell. Period. If not then what? who's left? so we cut simmons. ok. who's next on the depth chart? dd lewis? Im scratching my head there. package him and ship him off. he's fast as hell. At least get a special teamer for him. a holder anything. somebody out there wouldn't take a fast olb? Richard is not the answer. get surtain get law get somebody. but hey, maybe richard could come on like lucas? is it a contract year maybe? Dear Mr. Allen......get out your checkbook. you overpay underacheivers, you may as well overpay some all-pros.

Well said. Thank you, jer gibbons. I heard on the radio that the Cardinals are making a big push to get Hartwell. He's planned a visit there. Let's prevent a division foe from getting him by nabbing him quickly. Kendrell Bell could be a vable option, he's young, tenacious, and hopefully his injuries are behind him. But I feel he's going to resign again with the Steelers. As for the CB, I'd love Surtain here but who would we trade? Miami's not interested in Alexander now that we tagged him as franchise player. They feel they can get Ronnie Brown with #2 pick. Maybe they're interested in dealing for Robinson? That would be soooo cool.
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saban is high on his guy at lsu corey webster. he'll be there in mid to maybe late second. all miami wants is a 2nd for surtain. thing is we could get SA's replacement with that pick. we'd better move or we're reallly done. we need help. you gotta try to get hutch signed long term somewhere in there too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: