Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian McPherson any1 ??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danny18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Adrian McPherson any1 ?? Reply with quote

they say he runz a 4.3-4.4 in the 40...sound like a Vick to me..

http://www.49erswebzone.com/cgi-bin/commentary/commentary.cgi?action=display&num=383
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like Akili Smith to me.
reg4422

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right it's time to squash these ridiculous comparisons to Mike Vick. McPherson's BEST 40 time at the combine . . . . . . . . . . 4.69. That doesn't seem like the Mike Vick I know. Rodgers' best 40 time 4.71. ESPN scouts inc has called him raw & erratic with a rifle arm and ONE of the faster quarterbacks.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2001739

Let's remember this kid got kicked out of FLORIDA STATE. Last time I checked you essentially had to commit murder to get kicked out of that friggin school. I know he gambled on his own football games, but the point is it's tough to get kicked out of FSU.
Montana168

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if this mcphearson guy everyone is talking about supposively a "mike vick" type , i dont want him. mike vick is amazing , but his passing skills are not all that great. he has way to strong of an arm to be at the QB spot and he doesnt hav the accuracy to match his arm strength. i want a guy who stays in the pocket and drills on target passes all the time, but can still scramble for a few extra yards. (steve young, joe montana) a typical SF frachise qb is what we need rite now.
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is supposed to be a Vick who can throw, and he ran the 40 with a tweaked hamstring, since we probably won't be that good for another year atleast, why not develop a QB?
MNorona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why get a QB at all?? Id rather trade down and get either picks next year (much stronger draft class) or Thomas Davis or Elton Brown or Antrel Rolle or a DE (this class is full of those).
olinono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get a QB because with a pick that high, you gotta use it on someone you can possibly build your team around. No one is going to want to trade up, at least not in this draft. Give up your dreams of the niners trading down... its not going to happen.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olinono wrote:
Gotta get a QB because with a pick that high, you gotta use it on someone you can possibly build your team around. No one is going to want to trade up, at least not in this draft. Give up your dreams of the niners trading down... its not going to happen.

With the number of teams needing receivers it still is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the niners trade down they are still drafting a QB.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

Not necessarily...I've heard differently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
mauRICE 80 wrote:

Not necessarily...I've heard differently.

I've heard it straight out of Nolan's mouth. So I don't give a [inappropriate/removed] what you heard
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

I've heard it straight out of Nolan's mouth. So I don't give a **** what you heard

Wow...quite hostile. Settle down. They very well may draft a QB. I'd be surprised if they didn't. But I don't believe they'll do it in the first round, even with a trade down. That's what I think, based a number of things. Keep it to a dull roar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you getting your information? All articles point to them picking a QB. If you have a link, it would make what your saying valid. I could say that I heard from someone that they are selecting a CB, but who the hell is going to believe that???
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from a member of another 49ers Board...I don't care if you guys think it's valid...I'm just putting it out there. I'm not expecting people to believe it like it's dogmatic law. Here's the info:

His impressions from the combine (he was there in person doing medical evaluations):

1. DJ is all that........unreal talent and great workout.........

2. Barron is better than i thought. 7 teams have higher grades on him than they had on Tra Thomas, Walter Jones and Jordon Gross in their respective drafts.

3. SF is likely not going QB.......i think RB is more likely now.

4. Miami may not go RB either.......i heard some Miami guys actually talking about Saban convincing RW into coming back for next season.

5. SD and the Vikings want MW bad.

6. None of the CB are worth a 6 pick. There is depth here but not alot of round one talent.

7. The top two QB's have huge ranges of favor in some teams minds. No one is sold on either

8 MW is going to be a very good player and is highly coveted regardless of his 40 and scouts loved that he worked out and it will not hrt him a bit.

9. The RB will all be gone by pick 8 and i think the QB may both be there as well

10. Adrain Mcphearson and Matt JOnes hit the ball out of the park in the combine.

11. Rogers and Fabian Washington made a ton of money this weekend. great workouts and even better interviews

12. Jason Campbell will go alot higher than i thought......likely a two now.

13. Nugent may go that high too

14. McCune Grigsby and Ware are going to be very good NFL LBers and ware will go in round one after his senior bowl and body of work in indy

15. Mark Clayton will be the hottest WR in the 15 to 22 range. Many will want him.

16. If you need a safety lots of luck. There maybe some CB who will be drafted and made safeties given their 40 and cone times. ie Browner and MJackson.

17. TDavis is your only first round S, Poole should have worked out because he would have stood out in this nightmare.

18. There is alot more depth in this draft than anyone thinks. This draft is great from 2-5 and better than last yr in that respect. Especially RB.......if you need one you can get a good one in 4.........

19. If you need a TE get one early cause their aint too many who will play on sundays.

20. Teams were very pleasantly surprised by many small school guys who rally outworked alot of the bigger known names

Like I said...not to be taken as law, but just offering the opposing view.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
It's from a member of another 49ers Board

Who? I know ever person on that board and none of them have that type of info. Like I said you talk out your a$$. Your not credible source at all Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: