You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Lions Den Anything Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
Everyone continously downplays just how bad of a blocker he is. He is among the worst...and not just amongst starters. He is so bad that it takes away from his receiving ability.

I've seen him mentioned as a top 10 TE, because of a couple receiving stats, but he's honestly not even top 20.

They're too smitten with his athletic ability to actually discuss how he plays on the field. His blocking is non-existent. He gives up on plays. He drops easy balls, not just catchable, but wide open while being hit in the hands. He doesn't run a full route tree. He was supposed to be an NFL-ready redzone threat. He caught 1 TD this season and was MIA in the redzone where the Lions where unable to put up 7 and had to repeatedly go for the FG. This goes beyond his draft position. And behind him, we had nothing.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always knew Van Noy was destined for greatness lol

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:

He's a good young LBers who had an unfortunate start to his career with injuries. Sucks we gave him away for nothing. But good for him.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone else tried first-pick.com? its a website where you get to be the gm and make trades for the draft. I found it pretty cool, its free all you have to do is register on the site
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

He's a good young LBers who had an unfortunate start to his career with injuries. Sucks we gave him away for nothing. But good for him.

I actually never liked him. Thought he was a jack of all trades, master of none, kinda prospect.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Lions017

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy1609 wrote:
has anyone else tried first-pick.com? its a website where you get to be the gm and make trades for the draft. I found it pretty cool, its free all you have to do is register on the site

It's a lot of fun but I try not to do too many trades - it's too easy to just trade down and end up with a dozen or more picks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

It's a lot of fun but I try not to do too many trades - it's too easy to just trade down and end up with a dozen or more picks.

I did a madden franchise where I took over the Lions and traded everyone with an overall over 70 (except for Decker and Swanson). I ended up with 11 first round picks. I then traded around a little bit before I entered the draft and ended up with picks 1-6 as well as 8 and 9 in the top 10. It was super realistic. Laughing
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

I did a madden franchise where I took over the Lions and traded everyone with an overall over 70 (except for Decker and Swanson). I ended up with 11 first round picks. I then traded around a little bit before I entered the draft and ended up with picks 1-6 as well as 8 and 9 in the top 10. It was super realistic. Laughing

I used to do that when I would import my classes from NCAA. Then when they quit making NCAA I quit buying Madden. Do they have an option yet to import edited draft classes like NBA 2K has? If so how legit are they?
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always remember him for bringing those great Wings team of the 90's.

RIP Mr. Ilitch.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18661440/mike-ilitch-owner-detroit-tigers-red-wings-dies-age-87
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/02/09/ex-lions-gm-martin-mayhew-joins-ers-front-office/97714900/

Interesting move. Looks like Mayhew wants to relive his glory years under a broadcaster turned GM.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to bring back Pettigrew!

Quote:
Former Detroit Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew was arrested early Sunday morning in Oklahoma City and charged with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

Oh...
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Lion now DC of Atlanta Falcons

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18657790/atlanta-falcons-promote-marquand-manuel-defensive-coordinator

Quote:
Manuel played eight NFL seasons at strong safety from 2002 to 2009 after entering the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick of the Cincinnati Bengals. He also played for the Green Bay Packers, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions and Seahawks.

Manuel's hands-on coaching style was key in the improvement of the Falcons' defense toward the end of the 2016 season and leading into the Super Bowl.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Time to bring back Pettigrew!

Quote:
Former Detroit Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew was arrested early Sunday morning in Oklahoma City and charged with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

Oh...

Must be a slow news day.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has posted here in a month.

Does anyone have anything exciting going on?
SimsZilla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
No one has posted here in a month.

Does anyone have anything exciting going on?
i just bought a house!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 87 of 89

Jump to: