Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Lions Den Anything Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87, 88  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
Ryan Glasgow met with the lions... wouldn't mind him getting picked in the mid rounds...

His brother's been working out so far.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
ESPN can fire Steven A Smith any time now.

Does anyone seriously watch this guy?
ESPN slowly but surely is losing viewers because they are moving away from solely sports and have been going into a TMZ type site/show.

Just terrible all around.
arin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's ebrons trade value? Realistically seems like maybe a 2nd rounder, but if the Falcons or Pats were looking for a TE in the bottom of the 1st and Howard's gone... Seems like ebron might be a good value?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
What's ebrons trade value? Realistically seems like maybe a 2nd rounder, but if the Falcons or Pats were looking for a TE in the bottom of the 1st and Howard's gone... Seems like ebron might be a good value?
don't worry about Ebron's trade value, he isn't going to be traded any time soon

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
arin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess it will show if this is the SOL front office or not, if they get rid of Ebron or not. I think bob will pull the trigger. Is this ebrons last year on contract?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
Guess it will show if this is the SOL front office or not, if they get rid of Ebron or not. I think bob will pull the trigger. Is this ebrons last year on contract?
This is his last year on his contract but he has a 5th year option for the following season which more than likely, and should, be picked up. They would be idiots if they get rid of Ebron just to get rid of him. He is the only TE on the roster worth a damn.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
arin wrote:
This is his last year on his contract but he has a 5th year option for the following season which more than likely, and should, be picked up. They would be idiots if they get rid of Ebron just to get rid of him. He is the only TE on the roster worth a damn.

Let the Mulligan Era begin!
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
1King

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:

This post doesn't make any sense. One individual move has no bearing on whether this is "the SOL front office or not." And if Ebron is such a liability, I'm not sure why you think we could fetch a 2nd rounder for him.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
arin wrote:
Agreed. I think he took a rather decent step forward this year and he is only 23. I'm not particularly fond of the fact that we drafted him but to give up on him when he has progressed nicely is just silly IMO.

Still has to improve but I liked what i saw last season compared to 2015.
arin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was a bit fired up about Ebron unnecessarily, I guess. Thought he was older than 23, for sure. We probably should pick his option up.. Lol.

But damn those hands & blocking. Boldin would do a better job inline blocking, I'm pretty sure.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
Yeah, I was a bit fired up about Ebron unnecessarily, I guess. Thought he was older than 23, for sure. We probably should pick his option up.. Lol.

But damn those hands & blocking. Boldin would do a better job inline blocking, I'm pretty sure.
Hopefully he puts his mind into the game and improves. I'm not sold on Ebron just yet but I'm also not ready to move on.
Lions017

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact: Eric Ebron's 72% catch rate last year is higher than those of Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Delanie Walker, Gary Barnidge, Greg Olsen, Tyler Eifert, Coby Fleener, Antonio Gates, and many others. This does not include drops, just the percentage of passes caught that are thrown to the receiver. His rate is actually among the highest for high-volume tight ends. It's right up there with Kelce (73%) and Jordan Reed (74%).

We get it. He was drafted too high and there were better players on the board. He will never live up to his draft pick status. He's not good at blocking. He drops passes. But honestly, there aren't that many TE's that are better at reeling in footballs. People think that he should catch everything that's thrown his way, and there are plenty of catchable balls that he drops, but he also catches so balls that other TE's don't even get a finger on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
Fun fact: Eric Ebron's 72% catch rate last year is higher than those of Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Delanie Walker, Gary Barnidge, Greg Olsen, Tyler Eifert, Coby Fleener, Antonio Gates, and many others. This does not include drops, just the percentage of passes caught that are thrown to the receiver. His rate is actually among the highest for high-volume tight ends. It's right up there with Kelce (73%) and Jordan Reed (74%).

We get it. He was drafted too high and there were better players on the board. He will never live up to his draft pick status. He's not good at blocking. He drops passes. But honestly, there aren't that many TE's that are better at reeling in footballs. People think that he should catch everything that's thrown his way, and there are plenty of catchable balls that he drops, but he also catches so balls that other TE's don't even get a finger on.
That actually would factor in drops. The catch % stat just takes how many catches a player has and divides it by the number of "catchable targets" (so it eliminates terrible passes but not drops)

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Lions017

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

That actually would factor in drops. The catch % stat just takes how many catches a player has and divides it by the number of "catchable targets" (so it eliminates terrible passes but not drops)

Right, I guess I worded that incorrectly. It's not something that takes the number of drops and subtracts it is what I was trying to say. There's a bit more involved.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone continously downplays just how bad of a blocker he is. He is among the worst...and not just amongst starters. He is so bad that it takes away from his receiving ability.

I've seen him mentioned as a top 10 TE, because of a couple receiving stats, but he's honestly not even top 20.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 86 of 88

Jump to: