Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Lions Den Anything Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: The Lions Den Anything Thread Reply with quote

Old Thread #?
Old Thread 2
Old Thread 3
Old Thread 4
Old Thread 5
Old Thread 6
Old Thread 7

Last edited by X_Factor_40 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to make suggestions for the thread title.

Here is the last post from the old thread. Go ahead and pick up where we left off:

diehardlionfan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Went to Ren Fest today. Took my dog and it started dumping on us around 5pm. I looked over at my wife and said "You are going to kick me for this, but this is awesome!" Laughing

Too often in life experiences are presented that could so easily put us in bad moods, when looked at in a different way can be fun. I was ready to go find a mud puddle and start trying to dance(on one leg) Smile

I love those moments that remind us, "life, is what you make of it."

I have a number of those moments. Usually they're triggered because I generally don't give control of my emotions over to others.

One of my favourites happened years ago. We were driving home from Southern California and stopped for lunch in Havre Montana. I locked the keys in the car. I called roadside assistance but they didn't have a provider within 100 miles so they told me to hire someone and submit the bill for refund.

I couldn't find a tow truck, locksmith or a trooper with a slim Jim. Turns out the North Montana state fair was underway and gage demolition derby was scheduled for that night.

So we checking into a motel, went to the fair, enjoyed the demolition derby and someone was at the motel at 2am to unlock the car.

We had a great time that we would've missed.

That's probably the only story I've heard about Havre MT that was about a good time. Laughing

Ha ha ha.

I forgot to manitou the reason I couldn't get in touch with anyone was EVERYBODY was at that demo derby.

I love Montana so I've got a number of good stories. Of course I'm not certain it would be the same if I lived there.

When we were teenagers we would occasionally head to Kalispell and kick up our heels at Moose's Saloon. It was all harmless fun until one night a friend was having relations with a gal he didn't know was married. He discovered she was married when he opened the hotel room door and got shot in the stomach by her husband.

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Whine Cellar.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone going to the Packers game on the 21st?

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

I am going to pick out a game to go to this year. Not sure which. Was thinking the Mon night opener, but noone is answering where they will be and I might as well go to a cheaper one if I am not meeting up with anyone.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I am going to pick out a game to go to this year. Not sure which. Was thinking the Mon night opener, but noone is answering where they will be and I might as well go to a cheaper one if I am not meeting up with anyone.

Let me know what you decide.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I'd like to go to a second game this season. If a couple people want to try to catch a game I'd be interested in going. It doesn't matter what game it is. Just let me know.

Phreak - I must have missed you asking where the seats were for the MNF game. But, mine are Section 129, Row 5, Seats 19-20.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I'd like to go to a second game this season. If a couple people want to try to catch a game I'd be interested in going. It doesn't matter what game it is. Just let me know.

Phreak - I must have missed you asking where the seats were for the MNF game. But, mine are Section 129, Row 5, Seats 19-20.

I'm going to be in town the weekend of the Green Bay game. I'm probably going to attend.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys live in Detroit? Is your city a big city?

My family went up to Portland to go to the zoo and other sites. I have no idea why anyone would want to live in a big city. We had to park 3 blocks from an Ice cream shop to be able to eat there. No parking. Plus 11,000 different highways/exits/etc... Such a joke.

You're either an idiot, brave or patient if you wanna live like that. Such a joke.

My sister swears it's the coolest thing in the world.

She lives in a house built in the 1800's near down town Portland. There is hardly room to walk thru the house as they are built on top of each other and you have to take off ramps to get there. What a nightmare.

Future of our economy
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

My family went up to Portland to go to the zoo and other sites. I have no idea why anyone would want to live in a big city. We had to park 3 blocks from an Ice cream shop to be able to eat there. No parking. Plus 11,000 different highways/exits/etc... Such a joke.

You're either an idiot, brave or patient if you wanna live like that. Such a joke.

She lives in a house built in the 1800's near down town Portland. There is hardly room to walk thru the house as they are built on top of each other and you have to take off ramps to get there. What a nightmare.

I live in the city of Chicago. I love it, but then I don't have a car so must of your frustrations don't apply due to the good public transportation system.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I live in the city of Chicago. I love it, but then I don't have a car so must of your frustrations don't apply due to the good public transportation system.
Awful. We had to drive by a 2 bedroom home made of cardboard too. Now, my little town has some older people that are homeless but I never see little houses built by cardboard under bridges and such. The "ghetto-ist" place(s) in my little city is like the rundown trailer home parks.

In Portland, where my sister lives, her entire neighborhood has no driveway. So they all park their cars in the road and you can't hardly drive thru.

I understand the public transport, my sister doesn't own a car either.

Future of our economy
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

I live in Oakland county roughly 20-30 minutes outside of Detroit. It's a nice area. The city I live in has roughly 81,000 people in it according to the 2010 census. I know a couple other posters live close.

Busy city life isn't really for me. I like having my own personal transportation and a little more freedom to be by myself, but I know a lot of people that like the big city life. Detroit has a long way to go to compare to other places though. Parts are nice, but it leaves a lot to be desired in many aspects. I think that'll change in the next 5-10 years with the new Stadium District that they'll be working on and the housing they're putting down there. It'll be interesting to see how things change.
1King

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Something about this post is a joke alright.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't live in the city. Nor could I imagine even possibly considering it. I am a country boy through and through. But I can certainly see the attraction to people who prefer a different lifestyle. Frankly I find it offensive that anyone would judge someone so harshly simply due to their choice of locations to live.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a city kid. Not a big city kid, but a city kid. I dont mind visiting big cities like NYC, Chicago and others but not sure I could live there. My city is pretty good sized but you can get around rather easily. I cant handle small towns. I am working in one now and they have a bar/resturant, a gas station, and a church. I would get so bored.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 1 of 88

Jump to: