You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Lions Den Anything Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the video this morning. I have no respect for men who abuse women. Although I have no respect for men who abuse animals either. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
I saw the video this morning. I have no respect for men who abuse women. Although I have no respect for men who abuse animals either. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.
I am sure he is blacklisted from the NFL now.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Nah

People have killed people and went to prison for various reasons and got another shot

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Nah

People have killed people and went to prison for various reasons and got another shot
Doubt it. For whatever reason I think this is going on another level and no team wants to bring on the headache of a media storm that he will be.

Also he is out for the year and didnt look great last year so I would be surprised if someone signed him. I don't picture this as a Vick situation.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Nah

Doubt it. For whatever reason I think this is going on another level and no team wants to bring on the headache of a media storm that he will be.

Also he is out for the year and didnt look great last year so I would be surprised if someone signed him. I don't picture this as a Vick situation.

Last I saw was indefinitely. Not officially out for year

Sorry but killing someone DUI worse and several still in league not condoning what he did but he didn't kill anykne

AAL- Abdullah

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Nah

Sorry but killing someone DUI worse and several still in league not condoning what he did but he didn't kill anykne

But there was not video on the internet of the death.

Has nothing to do with severity, has everything to do with PR. And with that video out, Rice is done IMO.

That said, I am all about giving another chance and Rice's ability in the pass game could be huge for the Lions. I would love to see him signed by Mayhew. I would certainly hope getting help would be a condition of his contract however.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Nah

Who still in the NFL has killed someone while drinking and driving?
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the discussion on Mike and Mike this morning. They were discussing how people are outraged by the video and condem him and then tons of these same people will go watch the Mayweather fight this weekend (he has 4 or 5 arrests for abusing his girlfriend/finace).

The people at training camp that gave him a standing ovation knew what he did, it was discussed that he laid her out and drug her lifeless body out of the elevator, but seeing the video changed everything. Its sad that people are so immune to things until we actually see them.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very terrible situation.

The NFL is once again reacting to something where they really have no concern except PR.

The leagues actions do nothing to help the Rice family, deter violence or educate people.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
I've lived in a farm, in big cities, medium cities, coastal towns, northern communities and there pluses and minuses to all lifestyle choices and individuals tend to migrate to the lifestyle that works best for them.

I feel sorry for people who are born in small communities and never experience what life has to offer. There are so many alternatives with so many fantastic experiences out there. Life is about the journey and what you can experience and learn along the way. Some don't figure that out until it's to late and they've spent their life in a one horse town, glued to the television putting down everyone else.
I can't see any gain to that life. Any...

Cost is astronomical, you have no privacy, higher crime rates (typically), areas you flat out have to avoid. I can walk or ride a bike to anywhere in town that I can spend a dollar and not feel like I'm gonna get mugged or raped. I drove thru industrial Portland and see graffetti like I never have before, homeless houses of cardbard, and broken down buildings that I'm sure were pillaged and looted.

My sister is a single lady in her mid 20's making more money than me. She spends prolly close to what I do to in rent to share a 1800's house with 5 strangers. She doesn't own a car, so if my parents became deathly ill, she'd have to beg someone for a ride or hope she can get a bus ride down before they were dead.

So they have more restaraunts and bowling alleys... What makes that worth hearing your neighbors crap because you house is on top of theirs? She already had some guy jump off her old apartment building and kill himself.

Sounds like a blast.

Again if you read and not rush to judge (like you always do), you'd see I said your either brave or patient.

You also said idiot which you carefully omitted. Surprise, surprise.

Base your decision on a quick visit, to one city and your sisters house.

I live in a city and I have a very large, private yard. I expect you probably hear more from your neighbours. You do, after all live in a neighbourhood.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
I've lived in a farm, in big cities, medium cities, coastal towns, northern communities and there pluses and minuses to all lifestyle choices and individuals tend to migrate to the lifestyle that works best for them.

I feel sorry for people who are born in small communities and never experience what life has to offer. There are so many alternatives with so many fantastic experiences out there. Life is about the journey and what you can experience and learn along the way. Some don't figure that out until it's to late and they've spent their life in a one horse town, glued to the television putting down everyone else.
I can't see any gain to that life. Any...

Cost is astronomical, you have no privacy, higher crime rates (typically), areas you flat out have to avoid. I can walk or ride a bike to anywhere in town that I can spend a dollar and not feel like I'm gonna get mugged or raped. I drove thru industrial Portland and see graffetti like I never have before, homeless houses of cardbard, and broken down buildings that I'm sure were pillaged and looted.

My sister is a single lady in her mid 20's making more money than me. She spends prolly close to what I do to in rent to share a 1800's house with 5 strangers. She doesn't own a car, so if my parents became deathly ill, she'd have to beg someone for a ride or hope she can get a bus ride down before they were dead.

So they have more restaraunts and bowling alleys... What makes that worth hearing your neighbors crap because you house is on top of theirs? She already had some guy jump off her old apartment building and kill himself.

Sounds like a blast.

Again if you read and not rush to judge (like you always do), you'd see I said your either brave or patient.

Holy cow. I feel really sorry for you, that is about as narrow a view as I could possibly make up Sad

You are just narrow minded Phreak. Just like DHLF. You guys should really be more open minded to skate's close mindedness and clear understanding of what it is like to live in various places.

When you're right, you're right.

I really should be more open minded to close minded ness and the vast experience gained from a brief visit, to one city, at one home. Cool

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Nah

Has nothing to do with severity, has everything to do with PR. And with that video out, Rice is done IMO.

That said, I am all about giving another chance and Rice's ability in the pass game could be huge for the Lions. I would love to see him signed by Mayhew. I would certainly hope getting help would be a condition of his contract however.

am i a bad person because i hope goddell has to step down because of his terrible handleing of this. I want goddell gone so he stops screwing up our game

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

The NFL is once again reacting to something where they really have no concern except PR.

The leagues actions do nothing to help the Rice family, deter violence or educate people.
The fact that she still married him shows that their are issues on both sides. Not that I'm condoning anything. Both need individual counseling and education programs.

Now that his career is over (IMO) I hope that this doesn't go down a destructive path for either party. I have a strong feeling that this is not the first time some type of domestic abuse has occurred.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

The fact that she still married him shows that their are issues on both sides. Not that I'm condoning anything. Both need individual counseling and education programs.

Now that his career is over (IMO) I hope that this doesn't go down a destructive path for either party. I have a strong feeling that this is not the first time some type of domestic abuse has occurred.

Unfortunately alot of women stay in abusive situations. She exhibits alot of signs of someone who has been in a bad situation for awhile. First she blamed herself for the situation, now she blames the media. Maybe her survival mode tells her not to blame her new husband. It's a horrible situation that I hope the Lions avoid at all costs.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Nah

am i a bad person because i hope goddell has to step down because of his terrible handleing of this. I want goddell gone so he stops screwing up our game

What has he screwed up? The nfl has become a lot better on many levels

This type of comment pointless when he acts in interest of the owners who hired him

If NFL ruined its owners fault

AAL- Abdullah

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 3 of 89

Jump to: