Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1:CAR@TB. IT'S TIME FOR SOME FOOTBALL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucs00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
why exactly do all of you think the panthers will score less than 20, sometimes even less than 14 points?

i mean the panthers averaged 29 points in the two games last year and we made lateral moves or upgrades everywhere outside of LT. do you think jordan gross is worth two touchdowns? is cam's hairline fracture going to hurt us that much?

or is it that verner is better than revis? are michael johnson and his 3.5 sacks going to improve your pass rush a ton?

ah, maybe our 2nd ranked defense is not going to capitalize on an offense without their primary playcaller not around? is that? no good field position or anything?

just want to hear some explanations.

Last season is last season and does not mean much in this case. Bucs have new coach and a lot of new starters.

I think Cam's injury will limit him noticeably and Panther's OL can't protect him.

If you think Bucs pass rush has not improved, you are for a suprise. Secodary is question mark, but on paper it is overall better than it was last season.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
why exactly do all of you think the panthers will score less than 20, sometimes even less than 14 points?

i mean the panthers averaged 29 points in the two games last year and we made lateral moves or upgrades everywhere outside of LT. do you think jordan gross is worth two touchdowns? is cam's hairline fracture going to hurt us that much?

or is it that verner is better than revis? are michael johnson and his 3.5 sacks going to improve your pass rush a ton?

ah, maybe our 2nd ranked defense is not going to capitalize on an offense without their primary playcaller not around? is that? no good field position or anything?

Last season was a dumpster fire...Schiano, Freeman, MRSA, it was a disaster. I wouldn't use last season as a relevant benchmark. Now we actually have a competent coaching staff. With the talent that we have on defense, and seeing how they have looked throughout the preseason, it's completely reasonable to expect that this will be a low scoring affair.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
NY state of min

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something bucs fans might like.

2009 Panthers sweep Bucs
2010 Bucs sweep Panthers
2011 Panthers sweep Bucs
2012 Bucs sweep Panthers
2013 Panthers sweep Bucs

if this trend keeps up in 2014 the Bucs will sweep the Panthers

Thanks to IDOG Detroit for the sig

What do Bucs and Jets fans have in common? They hate the dolphins.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY state of min wrote:
Here is something bucs fans might like.

2009 Panthers sweep Bucs
2010 Bucs sweep Panthers
2011 Panthers sweep Bucs
2012 Bucs sweep Panthers
2013 Panthers sweep Bucs

if this trend keeps up in 2014 the Bucs will sweep the Panthers

Damn that's crazy
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has Doug Martin looked for you guys so far?

Was a huge fan of his coming out, hated that you guys got him. Not sure what the deal was with him last year before his injury but I had high expectations for him.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:

Using last season as a reference to everything LOL

Oh Panther fan, just wait till you see how much better our D has got. I guarantee you that Cam will not be doing that stupid moronic Superman pose and his really huge ego will get knocked down some points after the game

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
PewterPower96

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:

To be fair, in both of our meetings last year, we were without our starting running back and one of our starting wide receivers, so we at least have that going for us this time around.

Last year, our coach was of much less caliber than Lovie Smith and also dealing with the distraction of an entire fanbase wanting him fired.

On your end, your QB is playing with a surgically repaired ankle and a fractured rib. Not a very good thing for a QB who's main threat is running. Plus, even though his receivers weren't very good last year, he's throwing to an almost entirely new cast of, arguably, worse receivers.

I think your concerns about the Bucs are valid. I don't like the fact that our OC is probably going to be absent for this game. I don't like how Michael Johnson hasn't generated any pressure this preseason and that Alterraun Verner and Mike Jenkins hardly got any reps this season. However, I think you should be aware that your team has a lot of problems that could prevent them from winning this game. As of right now, I think the Panthers win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs win. Especially if Cam gets knocked out

Alterraun Verner - 25 Tackles 1FF 4 Stuffs
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:

Pretty simple, you guys lost your starting WR, Starting RT, cam is hurt and you have a unexperenced #1 WR.

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Zithers wrote:

Last season was a dumpster fire...Schiano, Freeman, MRSA, it was a disaster. I wouldn't use last season as a relevant benchmark. Now we actually have a competent coaching staff. With the talent that we have on defense, and seeing how they have looked throughout the preseason, it's completely reasonable to expect that this will be a low scoring affair.

Knew it was only a matter of time before you made it over here.

Where do we start.....ok

First, Cam is coming off surgery and has broken ribs. He missed all offseason recovering from ankle surgery, add in that he's going to be playing with broken ribs? That isn't the recipie for success. I think he'll be fine later in the year but since you want to go back to last year, why do you do that and the year before, Carolina is a slow starting team. It wasn't even a year ago that panthers fans were calling for Rivera's head just 5 games into the season (how quickly you forget)

Next is the tackles just aren't good. There's no way around it. I like Khalil, he's probably the best center in the NFC, I like Trai Turner (as do many on this forum) but he's still a rookie. Beyond that you have a ton of Meh.

Your weapons don't concern me as being a problem as many others point out, they were bad last year and Benjamin even as a rookie should be able to be better than Smith. Cotchery will be good for 6-10 TDs, Avant will make clutch first down catches. It's nothing to write home about but it's the same if not better WR corps as last year.

So you combine all that, first game of the year with a rookie WR that missed a week or so of training camp, Cam that has missed some time, the panthers being a slow starting team and the first team that got about a quarter and a half together for the entire preseason and I think that spells a bad offensive showing. Not saying that this unit couldn't become even average, which with your defense would be more than enough.

If you think you are gonna come into Tampa and walk away a with a drubbing like last year your sadly mistaken. McCoy is in a scheme that maximizes his talents, as is David.

Lovie is a proven defensive genius that has gotten great production out of less talent than we have.

None of us here are saying we are gonna blow the doors off you, we all see a 3-7 point win.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
How has Doug Martin looked for you guys so far?

Was a huge fan of his coming out, hated that you guys got him. Not sure what the deal was with him last year before his injury but I had high expectations for him.

Hard to tell honestly, between the play-calling and the lack of reps. He is back in full health but the OL just hasn't been blocking well in the rushes he has had. With Mankins at LG now though he should have a pro bowl type year.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:

Because Lovie Smith is a defensive genius and has a proven track record to put out elite defenses. Its a huge coaching upgrade and this fact is not debatable. So you can try to twist ya homer logic around by saying Revis > Verner and pretending Johnson is a non factor but under Lovie these players will produce.

On offense I don't expect much anything less than a struggle bowl between both teams. Special teams and turnovers will most likely decide who wins that game.
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man it would be really unfortunate for you guys if the panthers had multiple coaches who spent several years under and/or with lovie smith and know what weaknesses there may be in his "genius" defensive scheming

oh crap wait a second

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
man it would be really unfortunate for you guys if the panthers had multiple coaches who spent several years under and/or with lovie smith and know what weaknesses there may be in his "genius" defensive scheming

oh crap wait a second

Laughing

Why are you here?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruffling a few feathers to get in the mood to watch guys beat the crap out of each other never hurt anyone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Zithers wrote:

Using last season as a reference to everything LOL

Oh Panther fan, just wait till you see how much better our D has got. I guarantee you that Cam will not be doing that stupid moronic Superman pose and his really huge ego will get knocked down some points after the game

As much as I'd love to see cams ego knocked down and no superman pose, I'd shy away from guarantees.

But I would love it if josh McCown does the superman mock. It would get cams hormones flowing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to: