Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lets Talk Wideouts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Browns need to scour the waiver wire in hopes that a team loaded at WR drops a guy with potential.
Only way they should trade for a WR is if it involves giving up a 7th rounder. Farmer knew about Gordon before the draft and still decided to not upgrade the position, so in what world would it make sense to now panic, trade for a guy and get fleeced in the process (which is a foregone conclusion) when he could have gotten someone in April or May under his own terms.

Frankly, if this WR group falls flat, Farmer deserves every bit of criticism he receives. I won't claim to know what he should have done, but then again, I'm not being paid to be GM and make sure a position group isn't as weak as the Browns are shaping up to be.

Forgive me if I don't do cart-wheels over finding some last minute waiver-wire warrior or a meaningful contributor with a 7th round trade. Unless we're willing to give up one of our young DL or a mid-level draft pick or both, this WR group is in trouble.

Even with Gordon our offense has looked awful - without him, it looks horrendous. Forget 8 in the box ...we'll be seeing 9 Crying or Very sad

Agreed... and I'm not saying anyone should be doing cartwheels, I'm just saying the only type of trade the Browns should even consider is only one giving up a 7th rounder to ensure they get a guy a team was going to cut anyway so they do not risk losing out via waivers.
Teams simply aren't going to give up talent to a desperate team for a fair value.

In short: the Browns are boned unless Miles Austin finds a time machine and Charles Johnson meets his fairy godmother.
gobrowns1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
gobrowns1 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Browns need to scour the waiver wire in hopes that a team loaded at WR drops a guy with potential.
Only way they should trade for a WR is if it involves giving up a 7th rounder. Farmer knew about Gordon before the draft and still decided to not upgrade the position, so in what world would it make sense to now panic, trade for a guy and get fleeced in the process (which is a foregone conclusion) when he could have gotten someone in April or May under his own terms.

Frankly, if this WR group falls flat, Farmer deserves every bit of criticism he receives. I won't claim to know what he should have done, but then again, I'm not being paid to be GM and make sure a position group isn't as weak as the Browns are shaping up to be.

Forgive me if I don't do cart-wheels over finding some last minute waiver-wire warrior or a meaningful contributor with a 7th round trade. Unless we're willing to give up one of our young DL or a mid-level draft pick or both, this WR group is in trouble.

Even with Gordon our offense has looked awful - without him, it looks horrendous. Forget 8 in the box ...we'll be seeing 9 Crying or Very sad

Exactly.

One good WR is and will never be enough. You can have Manning and the entire pro-bowl OL, but you wont get anywhere if you dont have at least one sure-handed and one Balls deep WR at least.
That was the problem when we set Edwards and MoMass for failure. I hope we don't make the same mistake with J.G.
I am not asking for us to pull a Matt Millen, but we need at least two +1000yrd WR if we ever want a chance to compete with the rest of league.

peyton manning made 1000 yard receivers out of demariyus and decker... and thomas. just saying.

True, but the Raw talent/potential was there. I doubt he could do the Same with someone like Butterhands Little.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I like Gabriel more than Johnson. Honestly, I'd pony up two 1sts for Dez Bryant. It'd never happen unless Dallas collapses miserably.

yea i would do 2 first for dez in a heartbeat

If we do that just watch the bills get the first pick and us the second pick. It would be just our luck.....

that's gonna happen, i'm calling it. picks 1 and 2 in 2015 are ours.

we have two of the worst starting QBs in the league in Hoyer and Manuel basically in control of our pick destiny. i can only see the Jets or Raiders challenging. maybe titans.
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I like Gabriel more than Johnson. Honestly, I'd pony up two 1sts for Dez Bryant. It'd never happen unless Dallas collapses miserably.

If we do that just watch the bills get the first pick and us the second pick. It would be just our luck.....

we have two of the worst starting QBs in the league in Hoyer and Manuel basically in control of our pick destiny. i can only see the Jets or Raiders challenging. maybe titans.

Could you imagine what that would do for our team. It would suck, but I mean we all know its a crap shoot with our offense anyway. Imagine adding a Leonard Williams to our Line or getting a Randy Gregory across from Mingo. It'd be crazy.
gobrowns1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Could you imagine what that would do for our team. It would suck, but I mean we all know its a crap shoot with our offense anyway. Imagine adding a Leonard Williams to our Line or getting a Randy Gregory across from Mingo. It'd be crazy.

Draft A real QB and a WR. Address the O-line with a proven Vet in F.A.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

A and B. Who are we really going to trade for worth anything that won't cost us one of our 1sts? If we go with C with our luck we'll be giving up 1 of 2 top 5 picks. (also if that happens, go with Cooper and the best QB).

that is all

mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last season:

Throwing to Gordon - 9TD, 2INT
Throwing to anyone else - 17TD, 18INT

We need someone to step up, I just don't see where he'll come from.

Miles Austin
Nate Burleson
Andrew Hawkins
Taylor Gabriel
Travis Benjamin

Cameron is a beast but if he gets no help, defenses will just key on him.

Now for the good news...

Next season

Josh Gordon - #1
Amari Cooper - #2
Andrew Hawkins - #3
Jordan Cameron
pscottdai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
A and B. Who are we really going to trade for worth anything that won't cost us one of our 1sts? If we go with C with our luck we'll be giving up 1 of 2 top 5 picks. (also if that happens, go with Cooper and the best QB).

that is all

mastercheddaar

Easy, Jerry Jones keeps coming out about how upset he is that he didn't draft Johnny. Have Haslam call Jerry and offer Johnny and a 2nd for Dez.

Gives Jerry the QB he really wants, fixes the contract impasse he has and stops our QB controversy and media circus. Win all around.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having thought about I think we shouldn't and won't trade for a WR. Save our picks and put up with one more tough year

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
stinky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that there has been plenty of discussion about the Browns' wide receiver situation, but is anybody else confused by the number of super tiny wideouts the team has? I know that small guys can sometimes become surprisingly useful players, but I think most would agree that there tends to be a bit of a ceiling for this type of player. When I look at Hawkins, Benjamin, and Gabriel it just seems like the team is holding a few too many of these guys. It will be interesting to see how many survive the final cut, but I think they need to let at least one go.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not for picking him up. But Stephen Hill has been waived.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 24s
Quote:
Report: Jets to waive WR Stephen Hill http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ywQ
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent Brown is someone we should definitely grab if he is almost fully healthy again and has all his speed back.

He was a beast at SDSU and really promising his rookie year for the Chargers.
Browns1987

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so several WR have been cut, who should be take a look at?

- Hill
- Vincent Brown
- Robert Meachem
- Brandon Coleman
- LaRon Byrd (he had an awesome preseason with Cowboys, im surprised they cut him)
- Greg Little Laughing
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
Ok so several WR have been cut, who should be take a look at?

- Hill
- Vincent Brown
- Robert Meachem
- Brandon Coleman
- LaRon Byrd (he had an awesome preseason with Cowboys, im surprised they cut him)
- Greg Little Laughing

All of them, and then some. Except Little. He ain't even a WR, really.

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meachem could maybe be a decent big man downfield threat that we need. We don't really have anyone that can get downfield for the big play. In that sense, he is an upgrade on Anthony Armstrong for that role.

Vincent Brown is the prize out of that group imo. Fully healthy, he can be a good #2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: