Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lets Talk Wideouts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
H2ThaIzzo


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4260
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Lets Talk Wideouts Reply with quote

Aside from the topic just for Stephen Hill, Lets discuss all potential options for the position this season.

Option A) Stand pat with the guys we have and see how they develop. Decide on drafting a guy next year.

Option B) Pick up cast offs from other teams

Option C) Trade for a guy or two on other teams

What do you think is the best thing to do??

I'd like to see us bring someone in and soon. Give me a guy like Da'Rick Rogers or Leonard Hankerson with an upside and potential that have at least flashed some abilities in the league.

Right now we have maybe 3 guys not named Gordon who can be a part of our future plans. Charles Johnson, Andrew Hawkins and Travis Benjamin. Taylor Gabriel is a complete longshot, but who knows.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 43227
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gabriel more than Johnson. Honestly, I'd pony up two 1sts for Dez Bryant. It'd never happen unless Dallas collapses miserably.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12373
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I like Gabriel more than Johnson. Honestly, I'd pony up two 1sts for Dez Bryant. It'd never happen unless Dallas collapses miserably.


yea i would do 2 first for dez in a heartbeat
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
H2ThaIzzo


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4260
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as would I, however Dallas isn't giving him up. I think there are likely some attainable players, its just a matter of what we would be willing to give up.

myself personally finds it difficult to see us shelling out early picks for the position, especially when we refused to address it at all in arguably the deepest WR class in the history of the common draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 16321
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I like Gabriel more than Johnson. Honestly, I'd pony up two 1sts for Dez Bryant. It'd never happen unless Dallas collapses miserably.


yea i would do 2 first for dez in a heartbeat


If we do that just watch the bills get the first pick and us the second pick. It would be just our luck.....
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45825
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnson looks BIG out there. gabriel is making this team, fo SHO. first team kick off returner last game, and succeeded in the position? yeah. done.

i could see
austin
burleson
hawkins
johnson
benjamin
gabriel

hell, burleson might be gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
H2ThaIzzo


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4260
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
johnson looks BIG out there. gabriel is making this team, fo SHO. first team kick off returner last game, and succeeded in the position? yeah. done.

i could see
austin
burleson
hawkins
johnson
benjamin
gabriel

hell, burleson might be gone.


Agreed on Johnson and Burleson. I think its going to take a few weeks for Johnson to make a good appearance. He hasn't played a lot of game time in a year(s), the more we get him on the field, the better it will be for him.

And as I type this I am LMAO at Cris Carter's speech on ESPN right now. "Nobody's a winner today, and I just hope that Josh can get his life right".

Cris Carter, I am fairly sure the Cocaine and X you did DURING THE SEASON was much more detrimental to your ability to be trusted and effective than the puny amount that JG tested positive for.

Christ, let's get Gordon on an upcoming episode of intervention and get this over with
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45825
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
johnson looks BIG out there. gabriel is making this team, fo SHO. first team kick off returner last game, and succeeded in the position? yeah. done.

i could see
austin
burleson
hawkins
johnson
benjamin
gabriel

hell, burleson might be gone.


Agreed on Johnson and Burleson. I think its going to take a few weeks for Johnson to make a good appearance. He hasn't played a lot of game time in a year(s), the more we get him on the field, the better it will be for him.

And as I type this I am LMAO at Cris Carter's speech on ESPN right now. "Nobody's a winner today, and I just hope that Josh can get his life right".

Cris Carter, I am fairly sure the Cocaine and X you did DURING THE SEASON was much more detrimental to your ability to be trusted and effective than the puny amount that JG tested positive for.

Christ, let's get Gordon on an upcoming episode of intervention and get this over with


seriously everyone's made this kid out to be the devil
i just dont get it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
H2ThaIzzo


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4260
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
johnson looks BIG out there. gabriel is making this team, fo SHO. first team kick off returner last game, and succeeded in the position? yeah. done.

i could see
austin
burleson
hawkins
johnson
benjamin
gabriel

hell, burleson might be gone.


Agreed on Johnson and Burleson. I think its going to take a few weeks for Johnson to make a good appearance. He hasn't played a lot of game time in a year(s), the more we get him on the field, the better it will be for him.

And as I type this I am LMAO at Cris Carter's speech on ESPN right now. "Nobody's a winner today, and I just hope that Josh can get his life right".

Cris Carter, I am fairly sure the Cocaine and X you did DURING THE SEASON was much more detrimental to your ability to be trusted and effective than the puny amount that JG tested positive for.

Christ, let's get Gordon on an upcoming episode of intervention and get this over with


seriously everyone's made this kid out to be the devil
i just dont get it


the league is getting exactly what it wanted out of this. lost in the ultimate end result is the fact that we are talking about such a minute amount of marijuana that he would have had to smoke maybe one joint a week before testing occurred for results to be so low, and at the forefront is the masses clamoring about how they hope he can get his life back on track. and we wonder why the world is such a messed up place.

What nobody talks about is how if the NFL was really concerned about him getting his life back on track, they wouldn't suspend him for this in the first place. I think the lesson has been learned. There's zero need whatsoever to enforce this penalty for the crime committed, other than to say I'm the big - in the room, and you will do as you are told.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 16321
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
johnson looks BIG out there. gabriel is making this team, fo SHO. first team kick off returner last game, and succeeded in the position? yeah. done.

i could see
austin
burleson
hawkins
johnson
benjamin
gabriel

hell, burleson might be gone.


Agreed on Johnson and Burleson. I think its going to take a few weeks for Johnson to make a good appearance. He hasn't played a lot of game time in a year(s), the more we get him on the field, the better it will be for him.

And as I type this I am LMAO at Cris Carter's speech on ESPN right now. "Nobody's a winner today, and I just hope that Josh can get his life right".

Cris Carter, I am fairly sure the Cocaine and X you did DURING THE SEASON was much more detrimental to your ability to be trusted and effective than the puny amount that JG tested positive for.

Christ, let's get Gordon on an upcoming episode of intervention and get this over with


seriously everyone's made this kid out to be the devil
i just dont get it


Neither do I. Ray Rice would of been banned for life if he was a pro rugby player here. Josh Gordon would of had a slap on the hand (small fine)
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31944
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
johnson looks BIG out there. gabriel is making this team, fo SHO. first team kick off returner last game, and succeeded in the position? yeah. done.

i could see
austin
burleson
hawkins
johnson
benjamin
gabriel

hell, burleson might be gone.


Agreed on Johnson and Burleson. I think its going to take a few weeks for Johnson to make a good appearance. He hasn't played a lot of game time in a year(s), the more we get him on the field, the better it will be for him.

And as I type this I am LMAO at Cris Carter's speech on ESPN right now. "Nobody's a winner today, and I just hope that Josh can get his life right".

Cris Carter, I am fairly sure the Cocaine and X you did DURING THE SEASON was much more detrimental to your ability to be trusted and effective than the puny amount that JG tested positive for.

Christ, let's get Gordon on an upcoming episode of intervention and get this over with


seriously everyone's made this kid out to be the devil
i just dont get it


the league is getting exactly what it wanted out of this. lost in the ultimate end result is the fact that we are talking about such a minute amount of marijuana that he would have had to smoke maybe one joint a week before testing occurred for results to be so low, and at the forefront is the masses clamoring about how they hope he can get his life back on track. and we wonder why the world is such a messed up place.

What nobody talks about is how if the NFL was really concerned about him getting his life back on track, they wouldn't suspend him for this in the first place. I think the lesson has been learned. There's zero need whatsoever to enforce this penalty for the crime committed, other than to say I'm the big - in the room, and you will do as you are told.


I dont know if this is what the league wanted possibly.

I was listening to the radio this morning and the hosts made a good point on why they think it took so long for the ruling to be handed down. After last season, Josh Gordon was on the verge of being a star. The NFL loves star but then this star player made a mistake and this mistake just costed him a year. The guys were saying it took so long because they believe the league was trying to figure out a way to lessen Gordon's suspension without getting repercussions from the likes of Daryl Washington, who if the league showed special treatment to Gordon, that he could sue the league.
Is this all true? who knows but it does sound kinda right, specially when you hear that the league would be willing to reinstate him in the offseason instead of him waiting for one calendar year
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BwickBrownie


Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Posts: 1554
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns need to scour the waiver wire in hopes that a team loaded at WR drops a guy with potential.
Only way they should trade for a WR is if it involves giving up a 7th rounder. Farmer knew about Gordon before the draft and still decided to not upgrade the position, so in what world would it make sense to now panic, trade for a guy and get fleeced in the process (which is a foregone conclusion) when he could have gotten someone in April or May under his own terms.

Frankly, if this WR group falls flat, Farmer deserves every bit of criticism he receives. I won't claim to know what he should have done, but then again, I'm not being paid to be GM and make sure a position group isn't as weak as the Browns are shaping up to be.
_________________
'14 ADOPT A BROWN(S)
PAUL KRUGER stats: 39 combined tackles (28 individual), 9 sacks, 1 career revived by Mike Pettine.
TRAVIS BENJAMIN stats: 16 receptions for 296 yards. 3 Touchdowns. "The rabbit is out of his hole"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1658
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Browns need to scour the waiver wire in hopes that a team loaded at WR drops a guy with potential.
Only way they should trade for a WR is if it involves giving up a 7th rounder. Farmer knew about Gordon before the draft and still decided to not upgrade the position, so in what world would it make sense to now panic, trade for a guy and get fleeced in the process (which is a foregone conclusion) when he could have gotten someone in April or May under his own terms.

Frankly, if this WR group falls flat, Farmer deserves every bit of criticism he receives. I won't claim to know what he should have done, but then again, I'm not being paid to be GM and make sure a position group isn't as weak as the Browns are shaping up to be.


Forgive me if I don't do cart-wheels over finding some last minute waiver-wire warrior or a meaningful contributor with a 7th round trade. Unless we're willing to give up one of our young DL or a mid-level draft pick or both, this WR group is in trouble.

Even with Gordon our offense has looked awful - without him, it looks horrendous. Forget 8 in the box ...we'll be seeing 9 Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gobrowns1


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 6195
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Browns need to scour the waiver wire in hopes that a team loaded at WR drops a guy with potential.
Only way they should trade for a WR is if it involves giving up a 7th rounder. Farmer knew about Gordon before the draft and still decided to not upgrade the position, so in what world would it make sense to now panic, trade for a guy and get fleeced in the process (which is a foregone conclusion) when he could have gotten someone in April or May under his own terms.

Frankly, if this WR group falls flat, Farmer deserves every bit of criticism he receives. I won't claim to know what he should have done, but then again, I'm not being paid to be GM and make sure a position group isn't as weak as the Browns are shaping up to be.


Forgive me if I don't do cart-wheels over finding some last minute waiver-wire warrior or a meaningful contributor with a 7th round trade. Unless we're willing to give up one of our young DL or a mid-level draft pick or both, this WR group is in trouble.

Even with Gordon our offense has looked awful - without him, it looks horrendous. Forget 8 in the box ...we'll be seeing 9 Crying or Very sad

Exactly.

One good WR is and will never be enough. You can have Manning and the entire pro-bowl OL, but you wont get anywhere if you dont have at least one sure-handed and one Balls deep WR at least.
That was the problem when we set Edwards and MoMass for failure. I hope we don't make the same mistake with J.G.
I am not asking for us to pull a Matt Millen, but we need at least two +1000yrd WR if we ever want a chance to compete with the rest of league.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45825
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gobrowns1 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Browns need to scour the waiver wire in hopes that a team loaded at WR drops a guy with potential.
Only way they should trade for a WR is if it involves giving up a 7th rounder. Farmer knew about Gordon before the draft and still decided to not upgrade the position, so in what world would it make sense to now panic, trade for a guy and get fleeced in the process (which is a foregone conclusion) when he could have gotten someone in April or May under his own terms.

Frankly, if this WR group falls flat, Farmer deserves every bit of criticism he receives. I won't claim to know what he should have done, but then again, I'm not being paid to be GM and make sure a position group isn't as weak as the Browns are shaping up to be.


Forgive me if I don't do cart-wheels over finding some last minute waiver-wire warrior or a meaningful contributor with a 7th round trade. Unless we're willing to give up one of our young DL or a mid-level draft pick or both, this WR group is in trouble.

Even with Gordon our offense has looked awful - without him, it looks horrendous. Forget 8 in the box ...we'll be seeing 9 Crying or Very sad

Exactly.

One good WR is and will never be enough. You can have Manning and the entire pro-bowl OL, but you wont get anywhere if you dont have at least one sure-handed and one Balls deep WR at least.
That was the problem when we set Edwards and MoMass for failure. I hope we don't make the same mistake with J.G.
I am not asking for us to pull a Matt Millen, but we need at least two +1000yrd WR if we ever want a chance to compete with the rest of league.


peyton manning made 1000 yard receivers out of demariyus and decker... and thomas. just saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group