Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrence West

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Terrence West Reply with quote

Scott Boehm of the Associated Press picked Terrance West as one of 20 players with a lot of upside for the coming season. He said this of West. "West is drawing rave reviews in camp and could etch out a nice role in the offense...." . I was a bit surprised. I've certainly heard fantasy football pundits suggesting that he could be a good "handcuff' to Tate, and I've heard some pundits questioning how much $ the Browns gave Tate with his injury history...all of which suggest that the 2nd team guy in Cleveland has a decent shot at playing time, but what I had not heard was that West was looking good in camp. I follow camps across the league closely and I must have missed that. Have you guys heard the rave reviews of West? What's your take on him as a player?

Thanks in advance! Wish you guys well this year.

-Merc
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrence West Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Scott Boehm of the Associated Press picked Terrance West as one of 20 players with a lot of upside for the coming season. He said this of West. "West is drawing rave reviews in camp and could etch out a nice role in the offense...." . I was a bit surprised. I've certainly heard fantasy football pundits suggesting that he could be a good "handcuff' to Tate, and I've heard some pundits questioning how much $ the Browns gave Tate with his injury history...all of which suggest that the 2nd team guy in Cleveland has a decent shot at playing time, but what I had not heard was that West was looking good in camp. I follow camps across the league closely and I must have missed that. Have you guys heard the rave reviews of West? What's your take on him as a player?

-Merc

hear great things about him in practice
when it comes to games he runs hard but looks like he isnt nfl ready yet... ben tate looks pretty beastly, imo. for a very bad passing offense, tate still pushed through and ended up getting about 5 ypc.

i think everyone was hoping for west to overtake tate. tate is putting the end to that one. dion lewis also got early reps. i think west will only come in for situations that tate would have been in. 3rd down situations will go to lewis
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much money we gave him? its a 2 year 7 million dollar deal

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrence West Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

-Merc

hear great things about him in practice
when it comes to games he runs hard but looks like he isnt nfl ready yet... ben tate looks pretty beastly, imo. for a very bad passing offense, tate still pushed through and ended up getting about 5 ypc.

i think everyone was hoping for west to overtake tate. tate is putting the end to that one. dion lewis also got early reps. i think west will only come in for situations that tate would have been in. 3rd down situations will go to lewis

West dances a little to much but runs with great power. When he learns to take one cut and go I think he will be verry good

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Mercury22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yes, but RB deals on the whole are way down. If you look, you'll see the top backs in free agency, by in large, were getting 3-3.5 million dollar deals per year. That puts Tate amongst the biggest free agency RB contracts. Many people/pundits don't view him as that level yet. Personally, I love what I saw from him in Houston and like him as much as anyone. I just am presenting the case I've heard more than a few pundits/pros make. Not saying I even agree, just that that is an opinion I've seen with frequency.

Beyond that, I'm surprised to hear that West was getting rave reviews. I had/have not heard that but I figured you guys would have a more accurate ear than mine. I follow all 32 and am a die hard football fan, but I cant stay on top of the local press as closely as you guys undoubtedly do. Thanks for the info.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yes, but RB deals on the whole are way down. If you look, you'll see the top backs in free agency, by in large, were getting 3-3.5 million dollar deals per year. That puts Tate amongst the biggest free agency RB contracts.

I'm too lazy to look it up so give me some evidence and we can compare.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yes, but RB deals on the whole are way down. If you look, you'll see the top backs in free agency, by in large, were getting 3-3.5 million dollar deals per year. That puts Tate amongst the biggest free agency RB contracts.

I'm too lazy to look it up so give me some evidence and we can compare.

Not interested in looking it up for you, but it is so.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West is having the same problem as most rookie RBs do. He's dancing too much. He will be fine in 1-2 years, just not now.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
West is having the same problem as most rookie RBs do. He's dancing too much. He will be fine in 1-2 years, just not now.

As long as he is smarter than Trent who still dances.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see how he stacks up against the other rookie RBs. I still think Hyde comes out of the season looking the best, solely because Gore doesn't have a lot of tread left and will probably get injured, and Hyde was made for that offense. But other than Hyde, I think West could really turn some heads. Cleveland is going to be a run heavy team, and as you mentioned, people like what he flashed in camp. I think it says a lot that Ray Farmer traded up to grab him and make sure Baltimore didn't get their hands on him.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Yep. And he has a clear problem with the speed. (which could be one in the same)

But you can see flashes with him. He's a tough son of a gun.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: