Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign Jurrell Casey to contract extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Titans sign Jurrell Casey to contract extension Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@TennesseeTitans 4m
Big news, #Titans fans! The Titans and @jurrellc have agreed to terms on a multi-year contract extension! #TitanUp

Terms not yet available.

Last edited by titans0021 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@jwyattsports 36s
Jurrell Casey's deal is a four-year extension with the #Titans worth $36 million with $20.5 million guaranteed

Wow. Pretty good deal.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat me to it Laughing

Quote:
@jwyattsports 5m

The #Titans have agreed to terms with Jurrell Casey

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
‏@jwyattsports 36s
Jurrell Casey's deal is a four-year extension with the #Titans worth $36 million with $20.5 million guaranteed

Wow. Pretty good deal.

Love it, great and deserved deal!

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved contract. Happy to keep Casey in what should be his prime years.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Justin615$

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me happy

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 105 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember right back before the 2011 Draft happened, this article was swirling around Titania. Jury is still out on Jake, but boy did the "Rogue Scout" hit the nail on the head with Casey

Quote:
When I asked him to name an off-the-radar player in this year's draft that he regards as a potential Pro Bowl performer, his eyes lit up excitedly.

"There's a defensive tackle at USC named Jurrell Casey, and he's the protypical nose [tackle]," Razzano said. "He's like another Michael Carter, who we got in the fifth round in San Francisco one of the all-time steals. I see he's rated as the ninth-best defensive tackle. If they do a [mock] re-draft in a few years, he'll be a top-seven pick."

Razzano showed me some tape of Casey from last year's game against Cal, and the visual evidence was impressive.

"Watch him split the double-team here," Razzano said as Casey burst between the Bears' center and left guard. "Look at that nasty explosiveness. I'm telling you, it's [like the Pittsburgh Steelers'] Casey Hampton(notes). He has short-area quickness and enough of a motor to satisfy me. You have to realize, defensive linemen don't all have great work ethic. That's why they're big. But [Jurrell Casey's] a naturally explosive guy, and they're hard to find."

and

Quote:
Similarly, Razzano was down on former Washington quarterback Jake Locker until he watched more tape.

"Everybody says he's inaccurate," Razzano said as Locker completed an intermediate pass against USC on the TV behind him. "He's not he throws a great ball! It's a low-percentage offense. There's never anybody open underneath, and he's got no protection. You can see it if you look closely enough. People are stupid.

"[Brett] Favre went in the second round, right? If you look at their college stats, Favre and Locker are practically identical. Now look at this play: Tell me this guy doesn't move like Favre, scramble like Favre, throw like Favre. Pretend he has the number four on his jersey. His release is a lot like Favre, too."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/scout-takes-pride-rogue-label-170400322--nfl.html

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They finally reached a deal Wednesday on a contract extension for $36 million over four years, with $20.5 million guaranteed. Rosenhaus tweeted out a photo with Casey and the lineman's mother preparing to sign the contract."

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved and I don't think we overpaid at all. Glad to have Casey long term.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Best to get our best player locked and for relatively cheap.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes my day. GREAT deal.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
I remember right back before the 2011 Draft happened, this article was swirling around Titania. Jury is still out on Jake, but boy did the "Rogue Scout" hit the nail on the head with Casey

Quote:
When I asked him to name an off-the-radar player in this year's draft that he regards as a potential Pro Bowl performer, his eyes lit up excitedly.

"There's a defensive tackle at USC named Jurrell Casey, and he's the protypical nose [tackle]," Razzano said. "He's like another Michael Carter, who we got in the fifth round in San Francisco one of the all-time steals. I see he's rated as the ninth-best defensive tackle. If they do a [mock] re-draft in a few years, he'll be a top-seven pick."

Razzano showed me some tape of Casey from last year's game against Cal, and the visual evidence was impressive.

"Watch him split the double-team here," Razzano said as Casey burst between the Bears' center and left guard. "Look at that nasty explosiveness. I'm telling you, it's [like the Pittsburgh Steelers'] Casey Hampton(notes). He has short-area quickness and enough of a motor to satisfy me. You have to realize, defensive linemen don't all have great work ethic. That's why they're big. But [Jurrell Casey's] a naturally explosive guy, and they're hard to find."

and

Quote:
Similarly, Razzano was down on former Washington quarterback Jake Locker until he watched more tape.

"Everybody says he's inaccurate," Razzano said as Locker completed an intermediate pass against USC on the TV behind him. "He's not he throws a great ball! It's a low-percentage offense. There's never anybody open underneath, and he's got no protection. You can see it if you look closely enough. People are stupid.

"[Brett] Favre went in the second round, right? If you look at their college stats, Favre and Locker are practically identical. Now look at this play: Tell me this guy doesn't move like Favre, scramble like Favre, throw like Favre. Pretend he has the number four on his jersey. His release is a lot like Favre, too."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/scout-takes-pride-rogue-label-170400322--nfl.html

I remember this and I was super excited after reading it.

To be fair, I think the rogue scout might have been 2 for 2 (and still could be) had Locker stayed healthy. His play has never really been the issue. Its been his inability to stay healthy. He takes 2 steps forward in terms of progress in his development only to take 1 step back when he gets hurt. Difficult to say a scout was wrong with his analysis when the player has a tough time staying on the field. Cant predict injuries.

I wonder what other "sleepers" he's hit on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: