Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason week 4 GDT - Da Bears v Da Browns 8 PM Thursday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mandatory Poll with random options that don't make sense....
Hornby (because you have to have a GDT mention him right?)
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Da Bears (because it's fun to say!)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Katy Perry Pictures?
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Ohio State University Season Opener on Saturday!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
That is all?
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20876
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Browns1987 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Why cut Grossman? He's at least a decent backup for a #3 spot.


Why not? If we ever need him he will be available. No team will sign him.
I rather keep Shaw.


We can put Shaw on PS. We can't put Grossman there.


And why would you need Grossman there? To be a QB coach to teach Manziel the system? Hire him as assistant then.
I dont think Shaw will make it to PS, so i dont we can put him there, and if i have to choose between an old guy with no future in our team and a rookie, i keep the rookie.


Also, I don't like only having 2 active QB's. Risky IMO.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42367
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirksey and Bitonio look like they will be studs from day 1 for us. Our LB core has really impressed me in preseason. There are things they need to fix, but I'm pleased with what I've seen thus far.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 5009
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Reason for keeping Grossman - He knows the system well enough to play a few games if things go south very quickly. Shaw does not.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Browns1987


Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 951
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Reason for keeping Grossman - He knows the system well enough to play a few games if things go south very quickly. Shaw does not.

that is all

Mastercheddaar


And you think other team will pick him up that he wont be available for us to sign him if things go south?
Or do you honestly think we have a chance of anything if things go south and we have to start Grossman?

If things do go south its because the season is done and i rather give the young guys experience over playing this guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BwickBrownie


Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Posts: 1448
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
Reason for keeping Grossman - He knows the system well enough to play a few games if things go south very quickly. Shaw does not.

that is all

Mastercheddaar


And you think other team will pick him up that he wont be available for us to sign him if things go south?
Or do you honestly think we have a chance of anything if things go south and we have to start Grossman?

If things do go south its because the season is done and i rather give the young guys experience over playing this guy.


This is Connor Shaw we're talking about right? As in undrafted free agent Connor Shaw? Why is there need to get him experience or develop him?

I agree with MC here... keep Rex on. He's serviceable as a third string guy, and can help continuing develop both Hoyer and Manziel in Shanny's offense. Shaw provides no value to the team except a warm body if Hoyer and Manziel both go down.
_________________
'14 ADOPT A BROWN(S)
PAUL KRUGER stats: 15 combined tackles (11 individual), 2 sacks, 1 career revived by Mike Pettine.
TRAVIS BENJAMIN stats: 9 receptions for 148 yards. 3 Touchdowns. Please no more punt returns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5802
Location: WV
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Browns1987 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Browns1987 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Why cut Grossman? He's at least a decent backup for a #3 spot.


Why not? If we ever need him he will be available. No team will sign him.
I rather keep Shaw.


We can put Shaw on PS. We can't put Grossman there.


And why would you need Grossman there? To be a QB coach to teach Manziel the system? Hire him as assistant then.
I dont think Shaw will make it to PS, so i dont we can put him there, and if i have to choose between an old guy with no future in our team and a rookie, i keep the rookie.


Also, I don't like only having 2 active QB's. Risky IMO.


MarQueis Gray
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 6971
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read articles that said Sowell was the best RB in this draft class and he sure looked like it against the Bears.

He definitely is on the final roster.

Shaw probably should be, too, just to protect him.

Down the road a roster with Manziel as the starter and Shaw as the backup could be phenomenal.

Better pure passer than Manziel and not exactly a slouch atheletically.

Posted better numbers than Manziel across the board at the Combine.
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20876
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
I read articles that said Sowell was the best RB in this draft class and he sure looked like it against the Bears.

He definitely is on the final roster.

Shaw probably should be, too, just to protect him.

Down the road a roster with Manziel as the starter and Shaw as the backup could be phenomenal.

Better pure passer than Manziel and not exactly a slouch atheletically.

Posted better numbers than Manziel across the board at the Combine.



Isaac Sowells?
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15856
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bruceb wrote:
I read articles that said Sowell was the best RB in this draft class and he sure looked like it against the Bears.

He definitely is on the final roster.

Shaw probably should be, too, just to protect him.

Down the road a roster with Manziel as the starter and Shaw as the backup could be phenomenal.

Better pure passer than Manziel and not exactly a slouch atheletically.

Posted better numbers than Manziel across the board at the Combine.



Isaac Sowells?


Haha I think he means Crowell. I saw the same articles. He won't clear waivers
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47535
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bruceb wrote:
I read articles that said Sowell was the best RB in this draft class and he sure looked like it against the Bears.

He definitely is on the final roster.

Shaw probably should be, too, just to protect him.

Down the road a roster with Manziel as the starter and Shaw as the backup could be phenomenal.

Better pure passer than Manziel and not exactly a slouch atheletically.

Posted better numbers than Manziel across the board at the Combine.



Isaac Sowells?


Haha I think he means Crowell. I saw the same articles. He won't clear waivers


Agreed. Not sure why the Browns didn't give him more of a chance in the preseason. He's big, powerful and has speed for his size. Didn't seem too bad in terms of vision or decisiveness against the Bears either. Did a nice job of knowing when to plant his foot and get up-field. Although I'd like to see him press the LOS more effectively on the stretch plays.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 4467
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would be a fool not to keep Crowell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Browns1987


Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 951
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 48 min
Browns release RB Dion Lewis, per league source.

Crowell definetly making the team, unless its just to keeo Obgy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7520
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 48 min
Browns release RB Dion Lewis, per league source.

Crowell definetly making the team, unless its just to keeo Obgy.


I think we carry 3 power backs (Tate, West, Crowell) in a system that just churns out RBs and the fact that we want to wear teams down. Make them go up against 3 RBs all over 220lbs.
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5392
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
Browns1987 wrote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 48 min
Browns release RB Dion Lewis, per league source.

Crowell definetly making the team, unless its just to keeo Obgy.


I think we carry 3 power backs (Tate, West, Crowell) in a system that just churns out RBs and the fact that we want to wear teams down. Make them go up against 3 RBs all over 220lbs.


A page or so back I said we needed to keep Crowell over the glass man(Dion Lewis) and mentioned both Gray and Agnew deserve to be on the team. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we had 4 RBs and 2 FBs at the end of today. Tate, West, Crowell, Ogbi then Gray and Agnew.


It is a lot but we are going to pound the rock and grind out games. Going to need to keep fresh. He'll the Saints kept 5 RBs and a FB last year. The depth on our online is not roster worthy so we could risk it and only carry 8 to save the extra spot for one of the backs, or drop both Rex and Shaw, or cut Gary Barnidge as Gray could fill his role as well as FB. IMO gotta keep the best players regardless of position within reason.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7520
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
Browns1987 wrote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 48 min
Browns release RB Dion Lewis, per league source.

Crowell definetly making the team, unless its just to keeo Obgy.


I think we carry 3 power backs (Tate, West, Crowell) in a system that just churns out RBs and the fact that we want to wear teams down. Make them go up against 3 RBs all over 220lbs.


A page or so back I said we needed to keep Crowell over the glass man(Dion Lewis) and mentioned both Gray and Agnew deserve to be on the team. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we had 4 RBs and 2 FBs at the end of today. Tate, West, Crowell, Ogbi then Gray and Agnew.


It is a lot but we are going to pound the rock and grind out games. Going to need to keep fresh. He'll the Saints kept 5 RBs and a FB last year. The depth on our online is not roster worthy so we could risk it and only carry 8 to save the extra spot for one of the backs, or drop both Rex and Shaw, or cut Gary Barnidge as Gray could fill his role as well as FB. IMO gotta keep the best players regardless of position within reason.


I would put in a claim on AQ Shipley who was released today (he can also backup Mack).
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group