Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stephen Hill thoughts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
When did 7th round picks become gold? Just curious

This. I would wait and see what happens with Gordon and if it's bad news he would be worth a late round pick

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing with Hill

He went to Georgia Tech and played in their triple option offense, he was as raw as it gets coming out of college because he never had to learn to run routes, but his upside is through the roof. I know Calvin Johnson came from the same system, but he's an anomaly. Why Hill's hands haven't gotten better over the years is beyond me, but the guy has a crazy high ceiling if he can just be coached up. The Jets aren't a team I have a lot of confidence in to develop receiving talent as their passing offense has been about as bad as ours over the last few years

To me and this is my opinion, it doesn't hurt to kick his tires, even if it comes at the cost of a 7th round pick
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

He went to Georgia Tech and played in their triple option offense, he was as raw as it gets coming out of college because he never had to learn to run routes, but his upside is through the roof. I know Calvin Johnson came from the same system, but he's an anomaly. Why Hill's hands haven't gotten better over the years is beyond me, but the guy has a crazy high ceiling if he can just be coached up. The Jets aren't a team I have a lot of confidence in to develop receiving talent as their passing offense has been about as bad as ours over the last few years

To me and this is my opinion, it doesn't hurt to kick his tires, even if it comes at the cost of a 7th round pick

+1. The Browns are in no position to stand pat at WR, so the options are either: veterans with no tread left on the tires, unproven rookies who can't hack it on their current teams, or busts. No one the Browns can add is going to be perfect, but unless a surprise rookie is cut that the Browns can snatch up, Hill provides one of the best opportunities at a (hopefully) very low price.
Browns1987

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

They are not gold.
But a receiver that cant catch is worth less than a 7th round pick, i thought we learned the lesson with Little.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

They are not gold.
But a receiver that cant catch is worth less than a 7th round pick, i thought we learned the lesson with Little.

If we had drafted Little with a 7th and not a 2nd, would you still care this much? Hill>Little based on athletic ability.
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

except Calvin didnt come from the same system......he was in a pro system, Demayius Thomas would be a better example for coming from the triple option to a productive NFL receiver , and while he's good, how much is because he plays with Peyton???

Pass on Hill dudes horrible

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: 5 more weeks.......
Browns1987

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Browns1987 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

They are not gold.

If we had drafted Little with a 7th and not a 2nd, would you still care this much? Hill>Little based on athletic ability.

Yeah i would, because a receiver that cant catch is useless.
A 7th has a small chance that will be useful like with Armonty now.

I rather keep that small chance.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

Since Armonty Bryant Cool

Jets have no-one and cut this guy, he's probably a case of addition by subtraction, like Little.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Browns1987 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

They are not gold.

Yeah i would, because a receiver that cant catch is useless.
A 7th has a small chance that will be useful like with Armonty now.

I rather keep that small chance.

For every Armonty Bryant you'll hang your hat on, I'll bring up:
2012:
Trevin Wade (cut August 27, 2013)
Brad Smelley (cut September 1, 2013)

2011:
Eric Hagg (cut May 21, 2013)

Also, the Browns didn't even own a 7th rounder in 2014, 2010,2009, to give you an idea of how valuable of an asset they are.

7th round picks are viewed as a crap shoot, and exceptions like Bryant prove the rule. There's as much of a chance that Hill realizes his potential in a new system and a change of scenery as there is hitting on a 7th rounder, and at least we can utilize that 7th round pick now when we could really use it to try to add to the WR group, than have to wait until May.
StewieRules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say no to Hill, but given the league's BS ruling on Gordon (I may have well put my last dollar to anything NFL-related for this fiscal year at least) - I'd be calling SF and finding out what their feeling on Crabtree is.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
I'd say no to Hill, but given the league's BS ruling on Gordon (I may have well put my last dollar to anything NFL-related for this fiscal year at least) - I'd be calling SF and finding out what their feeling on Crabtree is.

My guess would be that they have no desire to trade him.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
StewieRules wrote:

Last I heard they were working on extending him. \_(ツ)_/

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
StewieRules wrote:

Last I heard they were working on extending him. \_(ツ)_/

What about that Calvin Johnson guy? Maybe we could gauge Detroit's feelings on trading him? Wink
StewieRules

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'd give one of our fourths for that UDFA WR from Jax
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

except Calvin didnt come from the same system......he was in a pro system, Demayius Thomas would be a better example for coming from the triple option to a productive NFL receiver , and while he's good, how much is because he plays with Peyton???

Pass on Hill dudes horrible

Yep I hate when people say that-

As for hill I would just wait, if he wants to play then we should be the team he would choose anyways, lets be honest Cleveland is the roster that would be easiest to make as a wideout Evil or Very Mad

A 7th round pick is not much, but could be used to trade up in a package to get a guy we covet in the draft. And IMO I would rather have that flexibility then hill if I had to choose... If he is cut I would give him a call, but would not give anything up to get him.

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: