Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Dimitri Patterson was AWOL, suspended for preseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
We shouldn't be angry at missing out with DRC. We should be upset that we allowed ourselves to be played by Vontae Davis.

That or just Keeping Cro for the price he took in AZ.
That or thinking that Dimitri Patterson was capable of being a starting level cornerback in the NFL.

He was a decent #2 for the Dolphins last year. Cro certainly wasn't that for us last year.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.

I just hope he's not being stubborn when it comes to the monies. He's simply hurting the team if he doesn't address the position for ANY reason.

He probably will be. Still can't believe he let DRC slip away. Brick wall

DRC was still heavily overpaid.

If the Giants end up cutting DRC in two years, did Idzik still mess up by not signing him?

Assuming DRC drops off sure, but 1) I don't see that happening and 2) we have a much different financial situation.

Did Tharold Simon get cut from Seattle? Could see us bringing him in here.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrell Thomas got cut because the Seahawks kept Simon.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.

I just hope he's not being stubborn when it comes to the monies. He's simply hurting the team if he doesn't address the position for ANY reason.

If the Giants end up cutting DRC in two years, did Idzik still mess up by not signing him?

Assuming DRC drops off sure, but 1) I don't see that happening and 2) we have a much different financial situation.

Why would they cut Simon?

I would trade Ellis for him.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I dunno, thought I might have seen it in the news. But I guess it was Thomas.

I would make that trade too if they were about it.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florence did pretty well in Carolina last year, and our defense is similiar in terms of having a pretty excellent front 7. I think as free agents go, he would be nice as a stop gap. And even if we add a vet FA, I'm not against trading Ellis for someone too, just to build the depth up a bit. After this year Wilson, Walls, and Lankster are all free agents aren't they?

Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Quote:

Why did Dimitri Patterson skip Fridayís game? Iím told heís not thrilled with Jets CB pecking order. His injuries dropped him on depth chart

ó Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) August 25, 2014
omg HAHAHAHAHA

Cut this clown. Get him out of here and give us the guaranteed money back. He's garbage and has no motivation to play better. gtfo, good riddance santonio holmes jr.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man apparently thinks he's WAY better than how he plays. Got rid of this cancer in a locker room. Prime to get creative Idzik and make a trade.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Why would seattle want Ellis in a 4-3?

Props to JMG on the sig
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Florence did pretty well in Carolina last year, and our defense is similiar in terms of having a pretty excellent front 7. I think as free agents go, he would be nice as a stop gap. And even if we add a vet FA, I'm not against trading Ellis for someone too, just to build the depth up a bit. After this year Wilson, Walls, and Lankster are all free agents aren't they?
I agree. I think Florence is our best option as a 1 year stop gap.

Props to JMG on the sig
FutureIsWhite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Jet fan but a football fan , and to be honest it really doesn't matter if you cut dimitri, or that you didn't get DRC, or that you didn't get vonte Davis , or even letting Cromartie walk. Rex might not be considered a great coach by some but what he can do is fill holes on a defense and not miss a step. Of course getting a big name CB or even a dependent veteran to fill the other CB slot would make his job much easier as it would any coach , however Rex is one of the few coaches (Bill B) being one of them that can put anyone in and still have a succesfull Defense. As a Titans fan it's something I could relate to 15 years ago, but in today's NfL its very rare to see. Good luck on the season and I wouldn't worry at all. You guys will be competing for some type of playoff birth come December. Your offense will be on the field much much more then last year so your defense should only get better.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right. But it's hard to be optimistic about a position where we really have no legit starter except a milliner, and he's got a high ankle sprain which really has no time table. But you are right. If there's a guy that can somehow fill a gap on defense it is him, he does get the most out of his defensive players and builds them up. Secondary was our problem last season, but if milliner can get healthy and Pryor flies around like he did all preseason, we already are better than last season. But I hope Antonio Allen, Darin Walls, Kyle Wilson or Ellis Lankster can really emerge. We need one or more of them to step up.
FutureIsWhite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your front seven plays like they did last year , you could put me on the other cb spot and your defense would still be ok. BTW I'm fifty pounds over weight , and slow.. Jokes aside , it is important to have someone step up and get a chance . Who knows if Patterson will be there but if the accusations are true then I'd let him go. No need for punks like that on a team... I'm from Ny but moved to Nashville in 2011, my brother has been to Cortland multiple times and has said the Defense looks really fast, and the secondary play has been stellar.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson is suspended for the rest of the preseason. He is able to come back to the team on Monday. Other discipline won't be revealed, but he will probably be fined. So it looks like we aren't going to cut him now. Evil or Very Mad

rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Patterson is suspended for the rest of the preseason. He is able to come back to the team on Monday. Other discipline won't be revealed, but he will probably be fined. So it looks like we aren't going to cut him now. Evil or Very Mad

Best thing to do is hope we find another CB who can easily take his spot. I think we will. Coaches seem a bit confident in Allen to adjust.

Man I wish DMC didn't get hurt.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: