Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Dimitri Patterson was AWOL, suspended for preseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 6320
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.


Terrell Thomas if healthy has to be a potential target ... hate the fact he's often injured but when I've seen him play for the Giants he's been pretty good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16651
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.


Terrell Thomas if healthy has to be a potential target ... hate the fact he's often injured but when I've seen him play for the Giants he's been pretty good.




The fact that he is injury prone is the #1 reason why we shouldn't sign him. We don't need anymore injury prone guys, we just need a solid, dependable presence.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 6320
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.


Terrell Thomas if healthy has to be a potential target ... hate the fact he's often injured but when I've seen him play for the Giants he's been pretty good.




The fact that he is injury prone is the #1 reason why we shouldn't sign him. We don't need anymore injury prone guys, we just need a solid, dependable presence.


Then we should just bring in Asante ... he should me more consistent and predictable then anyone we're gonna see cut...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16651
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.


Terrell Thomas if healthy has to be a potential target ... hate the fact he's often injured but when I've seen him play for the Giants he's been pretty good.




The fact that he is injury prone is the #1 reason why we shouldn't sign him. We don't need anymore injury prone guys, we just need a solid, dependable presence.


Then we should just bring in Asante ... he should me more consistent and predictable then anyone we're gonna see cut...




I wouldn't mind that, but the reports were that he wanted more money than a player of his caliber is worth, so I'm not sure if we would go for that or not. If I was Idzik, I would probably try to make that happen though.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4667
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the best option is Drayton Florence, but Idzik seems less than interested. Perhaps after Thursday, a more intriguing option will open up. The way I look at it, a #6 or #7 corner on a team like Seattle has to be better than our #2 or #3 option at this point, lol.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4667
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:


Why did Dimitri Patterson skip Fridayís game? Iím told heís not thrilled with Jets CB pecking order. His injuries dropped him on depth chart

ó Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) August 25, 2014

_________________


Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16651
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florence is another vet FA option I wouldn't mind. Idzik should really try to see if he can flip Ellis for a CB though. With Snacks being our long term priority at NT, Ellis will probably walk after this season. Might as well get something for him, plus we have TJ Barnes who has played really well there too, so it's not like we don't have an able replacement.

I'm still interested in hearing the whole story as to what happened with Patterson, but it won't surprise me if he ends up being cut and we try to recoup some of the money we gave him.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 3062
Location: FL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Quote:


Why did Dimitri Patterson skip Fridayís game? Iím told heís not thrilled with Jets CB pecking order. His injuries dropped him on depth chart

ó Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) August 25, 2014


You gotta be kidding me. Cut now.

Maybe he will try to show the coaches how his film matches up with any CB in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16651
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Quote:


Why did Dimitri Patterson skip Fridayís game? Iím told heís not thrilled with Jets CB pecking order. His injuries dropped him on depth chart

ó Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) August 25, 2014




LOL. If this is true..... just wow.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7758
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Idzik see the right Corner hit the Market, Patterson is gone.

But I really want House from Greenbay.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.


I just hope he's not being stubborn when it comes to the monies. He's simply hurting the team if he doesn't address the position for ANY reason.

He probably will be. Still can't believe he let DRC slip away. Brick wall

DRC was still heavily overpaid.

If the Giants end up cutting DRC in two years, did Idzik still mess up by not signing him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4667
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth Noting
Quote:
Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers
Follow

The Chargers have released CB Lowell Rose, who was with the Jets the entire off-season, but the was released to make room for Jason Babin.

_________________


Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shouldn't be angry at missing out with DRC. We should be upset that we allowed ourselves to be played by Vontae Davis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7758
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
We shouldn't be angry at missing out with DRC. We should be upset that we allowed ourselves to be played by Vontae Davis.



That or just Keeping Cro for the price he took in AZ.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4667
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
We shouldn't be angry at missing out with DRC. We should be upset that we allowed ourselves to be played by Vontae Davis.



That or just Keeping Cro for the price he took in AZ.
That or thinking that Dimitri Patterson was capable of being a starting level cornerback in the NFL.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group