Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Dimitri Patterson was AWOL, suspended for preseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he was at the pre game meal Friday, i would guess that something traumatic happened that caused him to go awol.

At this point i agree with Idzik wanting to speak to him before any decisions are made.

I don't know how much help, if any, he will be in our secondary this year but from what i've read he was playing well with the dolphins last season until injured. i don't think we can base how he'd perform, if healthy, off the first pre season game.
Rickjets2007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a blessing in disguise. I would imagine we will be able to cut this guy and cancel the contract.

I rather one of our younger guys gets thrown into the fire then watch this bum get burned all season.

He may have a mental health issue. Kind of like that guy from the Raiders years back that went awol for the Superbowl. Barret Robinson or something like that?
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter: CB Dimitri Patterson will be back to work at the Jets facility later today, according to his agent Drew Rosenhaus.

His agent is Drew Rosenhaus.... figures ...

I don't get how Rosenhaus is even allowed to be an agent anymore ... Didn't he cost players over 40 million dollars in having them invest in things that ended up being illegal ...

Other then that .. with or without all this ... Dimitri Patterson was a mistake ... and not at the very minimum getting Cromartie back was a mistake ...

We live and Die by CB play on the outside it is a poor decision to sacrifice this so much ... And while Rex is a great Defensive coordinator and probably can scheme for this ... it would be far better for us not to chain him with liabilities at one of his most valued positions ... Said it all off season and this cements it ... Idzik Failed in a major way when it comes to the CB position.
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine he will not make the final roster now and unlikely to make an NFL roster at this point. At least I hope he doesn't make it unless he has some miracle excuse.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That New York Media/Fans probably got to him.

I'm not going to blame Idzik for this. No one could have seen this coming. DMC's ACL injury and Patterson losing his mind. But if someone was to become available, Patterson's job could be on the line.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Lol, well this is just crazy. I wonder what the hell Patterson got into. Hard to blame Idzik for this though, it's pretty obvious so far that this is soley on the player. No one could have predicted a situation like this, hindsight is always 20/20.
Never liked the signing from a skill perspective or a health perspective. Many didn't. This is just icing on the cake.

So, we're really just kicking Idzik while he's down. But really, he deserves it. This was never a good signing IMO. At least with guys like Goodson it seemed like a good pick up.

Well I didn't like that he was injury prone. It kind of compounded when Milliner hurt his ankle.... now I'm starting to feel like he may be injury prone too. Add in the fact that McDougle is out now too after missing most of his last year of college, and that's why we are in the situation we are in. Heck, even Allen suffered an injury after we moved him to CB. It seems like we are snakebit there this year. I never really thought Patterson would be our starter though. I knew he would compete, but to me it seemed a solid depth signing, and if he was good enough to start that would just be gravy.

I still feel like Idzik should have just resigned Cro, he was coming off the hip injury but he was a better option than Patterson. Once the season starts, if we are still having CB problems it will be fair to blame Idzik for it. Should he get fired for it? No, other than that he has still done a great job with the roster. We definitely need to add a starting quality CB who isn't injury prone in the future.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Idzik, Patterson has been suspended indefinitely.
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it is time to panic. Patterson was playing like a bum anyway. Still it is a big lose to a secondary already depleted of healthy CBs. I didn't have a problem with not signing Antonio Cromartie. He was not playing well and the Jets wanted to get younger at the position. At the point, Idzik can not sit still. He needs to bring someone else in to at least fill the gaping holes at the CB position.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Jetcane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik better be all over the CB market after teams do final cuts. No BS, no messing around. We are at DEFCON 2 right now and this is not the time for the tiptoe dance.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.

Props to JMG on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Patterson suspended, it really doesn't change anything for us in the big picture. He wasn't playing well anyway, plus he was hurt all camp. Patterson WAS NOT going to be a starter for us based on his camp. We have plenty of solid backups already, but we need a dependable starting CB to pair with Milliner. Allen looked alright, albeit a bit uncomfortable, but then he got a concussion. We do need to find someone who can start for us, and hopefully when Dee gets back he will stay on the field.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Derek Cox was cut, Terrell Thomas was cut, Florence is out there still. Idzik needs to get these guys in for workouts and see if any have something left in the tank.

I just hope he's not being stubborn when it comes to the monies. He's simply hurting the team if he doesn't address the position for ANY reason.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I just hope he's not being stubborn when it comes to the monies. He's simply hurting the team if he doesn't address the position for ANY reason.

He probably will be. Still can't believe he let DRC slip away. Brick wall

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A classic Idzik move right now is to bring in a nickel or dime corner and say he's fixed the CB position.

"everyone will compete"

Yep. Followed by 80% boo's and 20% "this is a low risk, high reward pick up" comments on this board.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe we will find our CB to step up and fill the spot and pair with Milliner. I'm not saying I'm not a little worried, but I still feel a bit confident in Idzik's next move.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: