Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Preseason week 3 discussion thread - SD @ SF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychlone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
Winston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hampton

Yes. We now know who's going to be our preseason rushing king next year.

But really, the guy who replaced Martin at C has to be the MVP of that drive. Winston was having short runs until then, and suddenly BOOM! Back-up C controversy!

I wasn't paying close attention at the end. So who was the backup C after Martin went out?
Dillon Farrell. I was actually watching him closely when he went in and he didn't do too bad. Of course, it's our scrubs against theirs at that time though...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Lynch will be a good player down the line.

I stand corrected. Aaron Lynch will be a monster down the line.

I agree, he was my big draft crush this year, and I was so pumped when we drafted him. He was definitely my favorite draft pick this year. I hope we start him in the role Aldon was in his rookie year, while Aldon is suspended.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the read-option dead or will they not be running it at all during preseason.
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on MM's injury? It looked serious...

Also, can someone make Craig Dahl go verrrrrrrry faaaaaaar away from SF? I liked him better in STL...

Glenn Winston can ball. Say adios to Hampton and Smith Laughing

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has me the most worried after watching this game was how bad our "starting" OL was. We couldn't run the football at all with our first unit. It was pathetic. Iupati was trash the entire game. The sky is falling.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Winston has another impressive game on Thursday, does he take James spot on the roster?

Ellington is already better as a returner. Even Patton and Miller have had good returns this preseason. And for all the talk about Kaep and Iupati, James was definitely one of the worst players on the field today. Even in the return game he looked very tentative.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
5 good 5 bad

Good:
Aaron Lynch
Vance McDonald
Glenn Winston
Blaine Gabbert
Jimmie Ward

Bad:
]Mike Iupati
Craig Dahl
LaMichael James
Colin Kaepernick
Whoever was playing RT for most of the second half

You need a Terrible/Stinko category to cover how bad Iu played. I sure hope that was just an off day for him for some reason and not what we're going to see from him this year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no chance Winston makes the team over James.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, but looks like Kaepernick and the crew will play some in the preseason finale. Probably just a series, but I don't believe they did this last year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
5 good 5 bad

Good:
Aaron Lynch
Vance McDonald
Glenn Winston
Blaine Gabbert
Jimmie Ward

Bad:
Mike Iupati
Craig Dahl
LaMichael James
Colin Kaepernick
Whoever was playing RT for most of the second half
needs more hyde
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
What has me the most worried after watching this game was how bad our "starting" OL was. We couldn't run the football at all with our first unit. It was pathetic. Iupati was trash the entire game. The sky is falling.

yeah kaep got hit waaay too many times today. our OL and QB both played poorly today to say the least. kaep had accuracy issues, I wonder what was the cause. its not like him to miss the passes like the one to vance down the seam. Vance had an awesome game, Im starting to really like the guy. He seems like he could be a bigger faster version of Jason Witten Shocked He dropped a few passes last year but you can tell hes been hitting the jugs machine a lot this offseason. he seems like hes getting more comfortable catching fastballs, which is a great sign. we ask a lot of our TEs schematically and he seems like hes now reacting instinctively to whats going on around him instead of concentrating on what to do next. its a great sign and I see nothing but good things in his future.

kaep usually walks out of the tunnel with a menacing grimace of a game face and is raring to go. I didnt see him come out today but maybe he just didnt take this game seriously until it started because he I saw a lack of mental sharpness from him. The big plays were there for the taking and he couldnt make them happen. oh well. its preseason.

I continue to be impressed by hyde. the bounce out was awesome. Right before he did it I was complaining that we were running into a wall against an 8+ man box again Laughing I wonder if gore would have been able to get around the corner like that, im guessing not?

Lynch had a very nice game. that sack was a nice play, got held horribly too. Hes extremely skilled at timing his jumps and batting passes as well, i loved to see that. it shows a great natural feel for the game. the more I see of him the more I like this guy. I heard his radio interview after the game and it sounds like hes figuring out what it means to be a professional. I know thats why he dropped

LMJ was terrible, he kept slipping, not really sure how much of it was due to the field but he did basically nothing today. Ill be keeping a closer eye on him moving forward but my patience is starting to wane with him.

borland had another solid game, that flip was pretty funny

Dahl made some solid plays early but then continues to get lost in coverage. thats the second week in a row where he has been completely exposed in the endzone. he did have a few nice tackles though, I will give him that. but man is he bad in coverage. cj spillman had a few nice plays, like that one rundown from across the field. eric reid also made a nice tackle on 3rd down, hes another person I expect to have a big year.

Man, donte whitner sure had a good day running the football Laughing

I really like this young crop of corners we have, there might be some growing pains early but as long as brock keeps creating turnovers and culliver keeps batting balls down we are going to be more than fine.

this season needs to just start already

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one play had Staley not been beaten, Kap could have got it out to McDonald for a HUGE gain on the sidelines. We had two receivers in the area with only one defender.

Even though the pass protection stunk, Kap can't miss the opening throw to McDonald. Those are the throws down the seam he usually hits.

I didn't really think Gabbert played all that great but it was a HUGE upgrade from the last two games.

If the OL gets dominated like today, you could forget about the power run game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I was thinking about it, I think of Kap and the first team played more they would of found a groove and gotten the ball down the field. I think Kap takes time to get going. Yes he can't out big time against the pack last year and once the foot thing happen it took him a while to get going and we see how dangerous he was by seasons end. I think as he gets used to the new faces he will bring out the best in the talent that surrounds him. Luckily week 1 is against a weak Cowboy defense.
John232

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB's miss sometimes. Even the great ones, it's not good, but that's not what I'm worried about. What I am worried about is how badly the O-line got beat and Kap not being able to hold onto the ball. Those are very worrisome.

xsaMainevent on the sig
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
QB's miss sometimes. Even the great ones, it's not good, but that's not what I'm worried about. What I am worried about is how badly the O-line got beat and Kap not being able to hold onto the ball. Those are very worrisome.

Yeah, I'm thinking Kap would have looked better with better protection, and had more opening with better running. The o-line has to play better for us to be a good team. I say it several times a year and now is a good time to say it again - games are won and lost in the trenches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: