Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3 Giants @ Jets GDT- "Snoopy Bowl"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamorange

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Sanchez had some killer preseasons, they mean nothing. Geno by and large hasn't faced any pressure which will be the real telling thing as far as improvement

There are signs that are different then just the stats. Watching Geno he seems to actually be going through his reads most of the time, something he definitely did not do last year. Also he isn't taking unnecessary risks with the ball and taking what he's got.

His footwork and mental end at least so far seems to be much improved, hopefully he can't keep growing. I don't think anyone on here would be upset if he can flip last years #'s or better.

if 12 TDs and 21 INTs became 21 TDs and 12 INTs. And his completion percentage topped 62%. With the addition of some legitimate firepower on offense between Amaro, Decker, and Johnson I am sure we will have more reliable options, and I really do believe based on what we've seen so far in the preseason Geno is starting to get it.

This preseason Geno has a 69.7% completion percentage and 1 TD passing, 1 running, and one turn over (which I believe to be mostly the receivers fault). Clearly a huge improvement compared to last year.

Again, he hasn't been pressured. Any D1 QB can make their reads when they have 5 seconds with no one in their face it changes when you have 4 seconds with no one in your face or 5 seconds with someone coming at you and those are great scenarios.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved but its a TBD. I'll evaluate him after week 4 when we have a better look at him facing real defenses.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the game right now on NFLN, and I'm impressed with Geno. His accuracy looks like it's really improved from last season. They just showed the Decker catch which he dropped in the end zone. He should have had that. But that pass and the one after to Sudfeld were thrown to only where his guys could catch it. That is great. And I don't know if we are watching the same game, but Geno has been under some pressure so far here for a few passes. That makes it even more impressive to me.

Amar and CJ look great so far too. Overall, I'm really excited about our offense. Did Hill end up doing anything? I saw him get out physical-ed for a ball by DRC, and that was it.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Sanchez had some killer preseasons, they mean nothing. Geno by and large hasn't faced any pressure which will be the real telling thing as far as improvement

There are signs that are different then just the stats. Watching Geno he seems to actually be going through his reads most of the time, something he definitely did not do last year. Also he isn't taking unnecessary risks with the ball and taking what he's got.

His footwork and mental end at least so far seems to be much improved, hopefully he can't keep growing. I don't think anyone on here would be upset if he can flip last years #'s or better.

if 12 TDs and 21 INTs became 21 TDs and 12 INTs. And his completion percentage topped 62%. With the addition of some legitimate firepower on offense between Amaro, Decker, and Johnson I am sure we will have more reliable options, and I really do believe based on what we've seen so far in the preseason Geno is starting to get it.

This preseason Geno has a 69.7% completion percentage and 1 TD passing, 1 running, and one turn over (which I believe to be mostly the receivers fault). Clearly a huge improvement compared to last year.

Again, he hasn't been pressured. Any D1 QB can make their reads when they have 5 seconds with no one in their face it changes when you have 4 seconds with no one in your face or 5 seconds with someone coming at you and those are great scenarios.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved but its a TBD. I'll evaluate him after week 4 when we have a better look at him facing real defenses.

Geno's been pressured a fair amount in this pre-season. The incompletion to Sudfeld in the endzone was a beautiful fade when he knew the rush was coming and had to make a quick decision. That's the kind of reaction to a pass rush you want to see from a QB that "gets it."

I agree with your overall point that it is just pre-season, but we never saw things like that from Sanchez where he just situation-ally understood what needed to be done. Sanchez always played well within the system (in preseason) but never showed the sort of nuance and understanding that we're all starting to see signs of from Geno.

It's more encouraging than I expected. Just think of where he was last preseason with his pocket skills. He would run backwards in most situations. Huge improvement.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so Allen got a concussion? Someone doesn't want us to play any CBs apparently. Walls has looked solid though so far in the game, I would be comfortable if he was starting on one side.

rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to admit, I was disappointed in Hill's strength. Now I see why Cromartie popped him last year at practice. He was trying to tough'n him up. I've said this for 2 years now, he need to add weight for his style. He's about 10-20lbs smaller than he should be. He is using his hands better. I still haven't given up on him, but I am worried.

All of our QBs look good. Wish this was more of a battle between Geno & Vick, but I'm happy with Geno's improvements. He improved at everything. Geno could of had another TD if it wasn't for Winters pulling them out of the Redzone after his holiding call. I'm not worried about the QB position because of the Vick insurance.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Hill, a lot of it seems to be mental at this point. He's trying extremely hard, so he's thinking a lot and his head is swimming and he's still not natural at his position because of it. It's tough to do anything about that really, and its really affecting his development.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
About Hill, a lot of it seems to be mental at this point. He's trying extremely hard, so he's thinking a lot and his head is swimming and he's still not natural at his position because of it. It's tough to do anything about that really, and its really affecting his development.

Yeah, physically he is in position to make plays, but it's like he is still thinking too hard rather than just playing the game. I still have no faith in him being able to produce for us at this point.

Ugh, Wilson has been getting scorched by Cruz all game. At least in terms of slot WRs, Cruz is one of the best in the NFL and we won't have to play him in the regular season.

rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do cuts have to be made?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

Tuesday, I believe.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick gives us a legitimate backup QB. We haven't had one of those in a while. I loved his scoring drive. Granted, it was against the 2nd team defense, but he gives us that safety net just in case Geno goes down to injury or implodes this season.

Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Tuesday, I believe.

I think that is the first day of cuts, and then the next ones will be after the last preason game, right?

sandwhich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Tuesday, I believe.

I think that is the first day of cuts, and then the next ones will be after the last preason game, right?

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/8/3/5963741/nfl-calendar-2014-when-are-roster-cuts-other-important-dates

Quote:
August 26 (First roster cuts)

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players on the active list.

August 28

Final Preseason Games.

August 30 (Final roster cuts)

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the active/inactive List.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Tuesday, I believe.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/8/3/5963741/nfl-calendar-2014-when-are-roster-cuts-other-important-dates

Quote:
August 26 (First roster cuts)

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players on the active list.

August 28

Final Preseason Games.

August 30 (Final roster cuts)

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the active/inactive List.

Thanks dude, I thought so. Gonna be a lot of interesting decisions for us in the coming days. We will have some tough cuts this year.

Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simms did the salsa? I love him.

Seriously though, I really hope Salas makes this team. He has played very well in practice and in every preseason game. And this will sound crazy, but at this point I have more faith in Clyde Gates then I do in Stephen Hill.

rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a fan of Simms since last year. He's not going to get his shot here. So I'm starting to want him to go to another (NFC)team so he can get a chance while he is still young.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: