Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Help? Your wise predictions!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharpy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: CB Help? Your wise predictions! Reply with quote

Its no secret that the word is out to go long ball against the JETS defence. Even if Milliner was healthy I think we are very thin at this position. If you were John Idzik do you get the best you can on the waiver wire or pull a blockbuster trade? I'm not sure we can improve on the wire which leaves us with the trade option. We will have to give up a lot to get a #1 CB but is it worth it or do we ride the course till the draft? I don't mean to be pessimistic but I think we might have some depth in certain positions that we could dabble with. CB'S seem to be the hot commodity these days!
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay the coarse, Milliner will be back sooner rather than later and Trufant has been solid (I think he makes his way to the other side opposite of Milliner but Walls can handle it as well).

With Allen covering the TE and Pyror roaming we should be decent enough.

A blockbuster trade gets us nowhere until Geno proves he's the man (I like what I've seen thus far though) because you need a solid QB to win it all.

And that's the ultimate goal.

2015 we'll address the other CB spot unless McDougle comes back strong, add that speed pass rusher (we need that so bad opposite Cope) and find one more big time weapon (WR probably) for Geno and make our run. We have the money, next year Manning is gone and Brady is 1 more year closer to the end as well. Some team is going to have to step up, why not us.

This year is about Geno, not the #2 CB.

Props to Mack on the sig
Mr.O

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2015 secondary
SS: Antonio Allen
FS: Calvin Pryor
CB: Dee Milliner
CB: Byron Maxwell
NCB: Dex McDougle

BOOM!!!!

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is no reason to panic. Being a jets fans we are used to a top notch defense the last several years, especially good CBs when we had Revis and Cro in their primes. How about that we might have our best young saty duo for a long time starting this season in Pryor and AA. I for one do not like AA at CB, plus he and Pryor can really scare receivers and TEs. Milliner when healthy I think will only get better. McDougle was playing good previous to his knee, so hopefully he bounces back. Add picking up a good CB in FA perhaps or maybe drafting one and ur looking at a great young secondary going forward. We can't have all pros at every position. And I actually expect someone to merge this season and step up. Whether it be milliner, Patterson, walls, Wilson, Lankster whoever. Somehow has to take a leap.
sharpy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put by all poster's. Your views have given me something to ponder. I guess we can't let the cannon go off but I do believe we are a player or two from making a run this year. I thought we might be a little to deep at LB, RB and TE so I thought it might give us some trade value with our CAP space. Confused
Heymangold

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Stay the coarse, Milliner will be back sooner rather than later and Trufant has been solid (I think he makes his way to the other side opposite of Milliner but Walls can handle it as well).

A blockbuster trade gets us nowhere until Geno proves he's the man (I like what I've seen thus far though) because you need a solid QB to win it all.

2015 we'll address the other CB spot unless McDougle comes back strong, add that speed pass rusher (we need that so bad opposite Cope) and find one more big time weapon (WR probably) for Geno and make our run. We have the money, next year Manning is gone and Brady is 1 more year closer to the end as well. Some team is going to have to step up, why not us.

Trufant? i didn't even know he was on the team anymore. no shot of a blockbuster trade, so no need to worry about that.

i think the CB position is in real bad shape and unfortunately, there isn't anything that is going to be able to be done to fix it this year. looking at the 2015 FA CBs, there isn't much help there either.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, the Giants got some depth at corner and I wouldn't be surprised if they cut a really solid player, someone who could start for us. Assuming Amukamara, DRC (I just shead a tear), and Thurmond are their starters. That leaves us with Hosley, McBride, Zack Bowman, and Charles James II (Been a stud at camp. Hidden gem?) as possible options for us.

I don't think they're keeping both McBride and Bowman (assuming they don't cut Hosley, and they keep James II as a developmental guy.), so those are probably our most realistic options. I'd personally be happy with either, but I hear that Bowman has had an awesome camp, so I might give him the edge. What do you guys think?
green24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
Believe it or not, the Giants got some depth at corner and I wouldn't be surprised if they cut a really solid player, someone who could start for us. Assuming Amukamara, DRC (I just shead a tear), and Thurmond are their starters. That leaves us with Hosley, McBride, Zack Bowman, and Charles James II (Been a stud at camp. Hidden gem?) as possible options for us.

I don't think they're keeping both McBride and Bowman (assuming they don't cut Hosley, and they keep James II as a developmental guy.), so those are probably our most realistic options. I'd personally be happy with either, but I hear that Bowman has had an awesome camp, so I might give him the edge. What do you guys think?

Why would you a shed a tear over DRC? He had one good season after 4-5 mediocre ones.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:

Why would you a shed a tear over DRC? He had one good season after 4-5 mediocre ones.

because he's a major (maybe even a Lt. Col) upgrade over whatever we have at the corner spot opposite Milliner. Talent wise he could be a #1, none of the guys we have have any amount of potential whatsoever. Yes McDougle does but hes out for the year.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heymangold wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Trufant? i didn't even know he was on the team anymore. no shot of a blockbuster trade, so no need to worry about that.

i think the CB position is in real bad shape and unfortunately, there isn't anything that is going to be able to be done to fix it this year. looking at the 2015 FA CBs, there isn't much help there either.

Lankster. Brain fart lol.

Yeah DRC is overpaid, glad we didn't do that.

Props to Mack on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll pick up another corner next week after cuts are made if none of the other CB's step up in tonight's game.
sharpy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So what you guys are saying is stay the course and take a CB who has been cut. Is that correct? How many RB's and Safety's do we need? We have, almost, to much depth at these positions. HELL! We could put in Richardson on goal line runs. I think we dabble something for a CB. There are some teams in dire straights out there for help in many positions. First thing that comes to mind! Winters, Powell, Cumberland ,Landry, AA, Sudfeld. Should we continue? A lot of talent and potential. Falcxonbs maybe? Confused
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many third & longs are we going to give up with the lousy CB we have on the roster. Brady is going eat us alive. We should have keeped Revis at all cost. If we still had Revis playing on the other side of Millner, we would be in fine shape. Sure Sheldon Richardson is a fine player, but we needed Revis a lot more than Richardson. Funny how the Pats were able to get Revis & we let him walk. Plus we have to play Revis twice.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpy wrote:
OK. So what you guys are saying is stay the course and take a CB who has been cut. Is that correct? How many RB's and Safety's do we need? We have, almost, to much depth at these positions. HELL! We could put in Richardson on goal line runs. I think we dabble something for a CB. There are some teams in dire straights out there for help in many positions. First thing that comes to mind! Winters, Powell, Cumberland ,Landry, AA, Sudfeld. Should we continue? A lot of talent and potential. Falcxonbs maybe? Confused

The players you mentioned, are they supposed to be trade bait? I wouldn't trade any of them. Barring injury, they all could see a lot of playing time. Two or three are starters and the rest are quality backups and roll players

I won't say no to a trade without knowing the details but it would have to be something in our favor
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need Milliner to get healthy, that is the biggest thing because if we get him back and he can perform like a top CB, that would make things MUCH easier.

Patterson can't stay healthy for more than a couple games a season, and hes better as a nickel CB. Can Darrin Walls step up as a starter?

Props to El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: