Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3 - Titans @ Falcons - Jones+White? Uh-oh.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Am I the only one at this point that wants to keep Coffman over Thompson at this point? Thompson is an athletic freak who can't catch the ball. Coffman seems to be reliable as it gets when it comes to catching it and seems to know how to get open.

I was thinking the same except Coffman over Stevens. Stevens adds nothing outside of blocking. Really wish we could combine all 3 Laughing

Thompson doesn't add blocking or catching. Stevens adds elite blocking and can catch the ball, though he doesn't have much athleticism.

What? Blocking is one of Thompson's strengths.

Exactly. Thompson also has value(not much) in the passing game. Stevens is so damn slow. There's a reason hasn't been targeted much or hardly plays on passing downs. He can't get any separation whatsoever.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Am I the only one at this point that wants to keep Coffman over Thompson at this point? Thompson is an athletic freak who can't catch the ball. Coffman seems to be reliable as it gets when it comes to catching it and seems to know how to get open.

I was thinking the same except Coffman over Stevens. Stevens adds nothing outside of blocking. Really wish we could combine all 3 Laughing

Thompson doesn't add blocking or catching. Stevens adds elite blocking and can catch the ball, though he doesn't have much athleticism.

Exactly. Thompson also has value(not much) in the passing game. Stevens is so damn slow. There's a reason hasn't been targeted much or hardly plays on passing downs. He can't get any separation whatsoever.

You don't add much value to the passing game when it's a gamble to throw the ball your way because you are frequently dropping the ball.

If they weren't routine catches he dropped that would be one thing, but it's time to lay the Thompson project to rest.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

You don't add much value to the passing game when it's a gamble to throw the ball your way because you are frequently dropping the ball.

If they weren't routine catches he dropped that would be one thing, but it's time to lay the Thompson project to rest.

I'll take a guy who can block, have value on SPT and in the receiving games at times. Yea he's had some drops but lets not act like he also has had a pretty solid preseason. Stevens? Have we heard his name at all? No. Very good blocker no doubt but I want extra value out of a 2nd TE.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed the game. Anyone have info on a replay on nfln? Not sure if all games get replayed or not.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Missed the game. Anyone have info on a replay on nfln? Not sure if all games get replayed or not.
When I checked yesterday, the first replay I saw was on Tuesday from 2 a.m.-5 a.m.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed the game originally but watching it now and wow.... This defense sucks. They try to act tough jawing after plays which I don't mind, if you back it up. Atlanta was absolutely embarrassing us. Penalties saved us a bunch(mainly speaking on the the first 3-4 drives from ATL). Casey looked solid. Brown looks solid in the run game, poor in pass-coverage. And once again, way too many missed tackles. It seems like we're the only ones week-in week-out that dont know how to make a tackle. Guys like Ropati and Hill are not starters.... Also our offense wasn't very efficient the first couple of drives mainly due to poor pass-blocking(mainly Greene).
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
When I checked yesterday, the first replay I saw was on Tuesday from 2 a.m.-5 a.m.

Well that's not gonna work. Lol
Where do you check at for these updates?

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Missed the game originally but watching it now and wow.... This defense sucks. They try to act tough jawing after plays which I don't mind, if you back it up. Atlanta was absolutely embarrassing us. Penalties saved us a bunch(mainly speaking on the the first 3-4 drives from ATL). Casey looked solid. Brown looks solid in the run game, poor in pass-coverage. And once again, way too many missed tackles. It seems like we're the only ones week-in week-out that dont know how to make a tackle. Guys like Ropati and Hill are not starters.... Also our offense wasn't very efficient the first couple of drives mainly due to poor pass-blocking(mainly Greene).

In addition to Casey, they were two of the only people that played even remotely well on defense tonight.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

Well that's not gonna work. Lol
Where do you check at for these updates?
Well yesterday I just went through my guide until I saw one. Laughing

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

In addition to Casey, they were two of the only people that played even remotely well on defense tonight.
Yup. Hill did a nice job tonight and Ropati has always been a space eater. The fact that the linebackers haven't been able to get any sort of pass rush behind that massive defensive line is real concerning. I can only hope something will click when the regular season rolls around, but the defensive line isn't my concern right now. Wimbley, Phillips and Ayers have been way too invisible. Morgan has probably been our best OLB thus far, but he's never going to be a premier pass rusher.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Tonight yes. I'm speaking more on the past 2 games as well. They did a solid job tonight but they're still not starters to me especially Hill. Hill has a tougher transition because NT isn't an easy job even though I thought he sucked in a 4-3 too. I want to see Jones get more snaps there. Also I'm not sure who said when Horton was hired, but his defenses have typically been pretty bad against the run and it sure is showing.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Yup. Hill did a nice job tonight and Ropati has always been a space eater. The fact that the linebackers haven't been able to get any sort of pass rush behind that massive defensive line is real concerning. I can only hope something will click when the regular season rolls around, but the defensive line isn't my concern right now. Wimbley, Phillips and Ayers have been way too invisible. Morgan has probably been our best OLB thus far, but he's never going to be a premier pass rusher.

This I also agree with except for the DL. The PR is non-existent. Morgan is a solid player but he's the type of guy who would really benefit from playing across from an elite PR. To me Morgan is a good #2 guy. Not the main guy but definitely someone who can be effective. Funny considering this is first time he's ever played this position while the others have experience in it. Ayers, Phillips, and Wimbley(I hope this experience is over after the season) have all been non-existent.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man out defense still doesn't look good. They still can't tackle they still havnt had much of a pass rush against starters. Campbell Sensabaugh an Wilson all had bad moments last night. I still think the Titans should look to bring in someone I think that's gonna become a theme in here week after week but here's what else I liked an didn't like

The Good

Jake Locker- 2 straight games looked very efficient

Justin Hunter- gave ATL fits drew a few penalties

Zach Mettenberger- no turn overs tonight ATL announcers even mentioned him taking over mid season as the starter

Taylor Thompson- had 1 bad drop but continues to make plays

The Bad

Tackling on Defense

CBs

No pressure on Ryan

Running game has dipped since first preseason game

Competitions

CBs all stink thus far no ones a favorite so far

Coons over Bonani IMO Bonani got the bulk last night but scares me Coons should win it

Mariani might be cut he has a ton of drops isn't gonna be needed on returns and I think Preston deserves to stay and play heck even Riboskie deserves to stay over Mariani

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
FutureIsWhite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel this is the first time as a Titans fan that I'm more confident with our offense then our defense.

What we've learn through 3 preseason games...

Jake looks good, he's moving in the pocket, throwing with accuracy and if his play continues like this through the season this will be his breakout year.

Mettenberger looks like a NFL QB, he's tall, has confidence in the pocket and his accuracy and arm strength are the real deal. It's looking like he is he steal of the draft so far.

The line has looked good but has also looked lost at times but I'm very confident in the starting line and depth of the line.

The running back committee is looking more clear, shown Greene should not start and should be used as a goal line back. He's slower then he was and can't hit the whole like he used to. The contract we gave last year to him is still mind boggling. Sankey, and Mccluster will be a nice compliment to each other .

Wr's our are strong spot but we lack depth. After wright,Washington,and hunter we our very thin at the position. If all 3 stay healthy though we will have one of the more scary wr trio in the league.

Te is another strong position we have a lot of depth in. Walker had a good year last year with a prediction of a 80 catch year from him, stevens has shown he is a above average blocker in the past, Taylor Thompson has shown strides this preseason and that guy Coffman has already made the team my opinion on how well he's played this preseason or at least a practice squad invite.

Overall barring injury I think our offense could be one of the big suprises of the year but as of right now it looks bland and predictable on some drives but its the preseason and I know there not showing everything they have. We have all the talent a QB could want in a offense and a line deep enough to make other teams envy us,

Now our defense , boy o boy

I've never in the history as a titans fan have seen a defense has horrid as this one. This defense makes the chuck Cecil defenses look like the Seahawks. Although I try not to over react during preseason in this case I can't help it. We've had the packers backup and saints backup drive down the field at ease against us and Matt Ryan did the same last night. We our being run over by bigger backs, shredded by faster backs, the linebackers can't cover a barn, and noone on the field wants to tackle. We will be 32nd in the league in total defense if this is how we play. Other then jurell Casey being jurrell Casey I cant think of one positive I've seen from our starting defense.

The part the really stands out to me is we played pack without Rodgers or lacy, saints without breeze, and falcons without sjax and we were still run over and can't stop the pass.. I wouldn't worry about what top tier qb's would do to this defense , I'd be worried what guys like henne would do to our defense.

The return game looks good, and the kicking game has looked much improved from the first game.

I'm hoping jake stays healthy and the defense proves us all wrong. If those two things can happen I see a 10-6 or 11-5 team.

If locker stays healthy and the defense is as bad as advertised I see the Titans as a 6-10 or 7-9 team.

And finally if locker gets hurt and the defense is this bad I see a 2-14 team and the experts showed us why they our the experts.

The future looks bright for this team it really does even without jake as the QB. My prediction is our franchise QB is on the roster already and he's from LsU. Still very early to tell but the kid has shown flashes and I'm predicting he will be the best QB in this draft down the road. All honesty I've said this to my brothers even before the Titans drafted him that Mett would be the the best QB in this draft.

I'm never this high on a player , but if you look into the prototypical QB he has every thing you want and now his playing is proving why..

He's 6'5 240 , great size for a QB
Doesn't move well and is a statue QB but has potential to be a Matt Ryan with Flacco arm strength.
I just read an article ripping him for his lack of pocket ability and got lucky being 20-25 for 269 yards and two Tds against the saints because he had a lot of lucky bullet throws, I can get the article at your request... That's exactly why I think very highly of him, the on point bullets he has thrown to the WR's has been a thing of beauty and for not a few drops in the game he would have been 23-25. His fumbles have been rookie Esk, and other then that bad pick last week and a few bad throws he's looked very comfortable, but has to stand up to pressure better which will come in time. He's not ready now but you see the potential he has.

As much as I think Jake could be a Franchise QB if he was healthy a whole year, that IF is a big ?. Jake has a high ceiling if Healthy and Locker's leadership, toughness, and recent play shows why he is our starter . However year after year the franchise and us fans have been as optimistic as we our now and year after year we see him go down. I'm hoping he stays healthy because he's our only hope as of now to go to the playoffs, and you got to feel for the guy. He's Is the definition of a Team guy and the team is playing hungry for him. It's win now for Jake.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I liked:

- Jake Locker looked really good. He has looked like he did in the first 4 games of last year.
- Mettenberger is looking like he has a bright future. If he can keep developing we might have something with him.
- Nate and Justin Hunter looked good.
- I really like Antonio Andrews.
- Zach Brown played pretty well despite what else was going on for our defense.
- The kicking wasn't too ugly. Bonani is probably leading now because he can get touchbacks easier and that seems to be what they want.

Things I didn't like:

- Defense ... we do not have an OLB who can get to the QB. All we have is Casey at DE and even he is best suited for a 4-3 DT. The pass rush is nearly non existent and that is something you just cannot have if you want to get to the playoffs.
- Corners ... we are going to wish we had taken a corner in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft by the time the regular season starts. Sensabaugh cannot play on the outside and Wreh-Wilson, is he really starter material. We have to get something to work with there. We will probably be drafting one of them high next year, along with an OLB. We need both BAD.
- Tackling ... how can people who have played football for so long suck so bad at tackling. This defense is making Jerry Gray look at least somewhat like a d-coordinator.
- The o-line needs to play better in every way. Levitre is getting paid too much to not be a top 5 or 10 guard.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 23 TKLS, 0 SACKS, 1 INTS, 1 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 5 TKLS, 0 SACKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: