Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mitchell Schwartz
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanaDawg wrote:
Yes he looked pretty bad, flat footed at times, or picking up an assignment and leaving a hole big enough for a train to pass through.

I remember being sick to my stomach watching that draft, another one where we ignored so many good players to take guys like Richardson, Weeden and this guy. Draft mistakes like that set a team back for years.

which is funny because the guy was a complete stud his rookie year and no one was complaining. Its not like the RTs drafted after him have been studs in the NFL either

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
Bitonio would be a natural fit at RT?

I like him at LG because he can give the Browns one of the best left sides in the NFL.

bruceb wrote:
Don't get me started on the need to shore up the right side of our OL.

It might invite the litany of laments of those who oppose fixing it once and for all (Oh, you can't put so much money into the OL. Oh, you can't pay an RT LT money. Oh, RG/RT are the lowes ranked positions in the league. Etc.).

Fact is that more teams are putting speed rushers up against RTs to the point that you had better invest in the position.

you look at the Browns position, they would be putting a lot of money in the OL. They would have the highest paid LT, highest paid C, and possibly one of the higher paid RT. That is a lot of money invested in one position group when others will need to get paid on the roster.

Yes more teams are sending speed rushers on the right side but it is very easy to slow them down. One you get a QB who sees the rush and is able to get rid of the ball in time or able to move or you get a TE or RB chip the DE before they leave for their routes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitonio can sub at RT given his versatility, but his natural position in the nfl is guard...

Quote:
Doesn't possess the ideal length or build to remain at left tackle in the NFL and may be best served moving inside to guard

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1754724/joel-bitonio

I think a lot of people were zero'd in on watching Schwartz Monday, so when they saw that first play (which was a mess all around and not just Schwartz) it became a self fulfilling prophecy that he was a bum. I'm not making heads or tails of it all, because he does still have to bounce back from last year, I'm just not going to use Monday's game as a reason to run him out of town yet.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a marquis QB this would never be discussed. Both our top QB's played like crap, and 0% of that is because of bad offensive line play. There were moments of less than stellar play from the line, however until Shaw got in the game, our QB's never looked good Monday night.

We will live or die based on how our QB plays, not on how badly some perceive our right tackle to be.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again a horrible nightmare!
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas411 wrote:
Once again a horrible nightmare!

Yep. I just don't see how anyone can defend him right now.

Problem is our 2nd team OL is horrible.

We just need average RT play to have a stellar OL.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
CanaDawg wrote:
Yes he looked pretty bad, flat footed at times, or picking up an assignment and leaving a hole big enough for a train to pass through.

I remember being sick to my stomach watching that draft, another one where we ignored so many good players to take guys like Richardson, Weeden and this guy. Draft mistakes like that set a team back for years.

which is funny because the guy was a complete stud his rookie year and no one was complaining. Its not like the RTs drafted after him have been studs in the NFL either

Probably true, what we needed was a WR at that point in the draft. Then we could have settled for one of those non-stud RTs in a later round. It was a glaring error to not draft a WR at that point. There were several good prospects on the board.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanaDawg wrote:
buno67 wrote:
CanaDawg wrote:

Probably true, what we needed was a WR at that point in the draft. Then we could have settled for one of those non-stud RTs in a later round. It was a glaring error to not draft a WR at that point. There were several good prospects on the board.

Pretty consistent given the two previous picks.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schwartz looks pretty good in space and moving to the 2nd level. His man to man run blocking and pass blocking have left something to be desired. I'd like to think he can still improve. No reason to worry too much, our first string O-line has looked solid in both aspects of blocking.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

This kid had his chance. We need to find someone knew.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
This kid had his chance. We need to find someone knew.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

and whom would that be...... Our backup Lineman are just as bad at best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: