Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mitchell Schwartz
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas411

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Mitchell Schwartz Reply with quote

Time to call this guy out! His time at right tackle is fast coming to an end. He is a HUGE liability and will get Hoyer killed. Reminds me of the days of St. Clair. This kid is terrible. We need a right tackle bad. Kerrigan ate him alive. Every guy this kid lines up against has success against him. I made it a point to watch his play Monday and it was pathetic in passing situations. You would have thought this dude farted in church last Sunday and was being paid back.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. A little bit of speed and he is hopeless

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he looked pretty bad, flat footed at times, or picking up an assignment and leaving a hole big enough for a train to pass through.

I remember being sick to my stomach watching that draft, another one where we ignored so many good players to take guys like Richardson, Weeden and this guy. Draft mistakes like that set a team back for years.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me started on the need to shore up the right side of our OL.

It might invite the litany of laments of those who oppose fixing it once and for all (Oh, you can't put so much money into the OL. Oh, you can't pay an RT LT money. Oh, RG/RT are the lowes ranked positions in the league. Etc.).

Fact is that more teams are putting speed rushers up against RTs to the point that you had better invest in the position.
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be better suited at RG instead if Greco, but I think if he continues to struggle we're gonna need to find his replacement

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He gave up one sack against one of the best young pass rushers in the NFL. Not saying hes anything special but it's not time to panic yet.

<3 JF
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitonio would be a natural fit at RT?
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the coaching staff is worried about Schwartz, maybe they should try him at guard and Bitonio at RT since Schwartz sometimes struggles with speed rushers while Bitonio likely has the athleticism to succeed on the outside.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can alex Boone play RT?

sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear for our QBs life when we face the texans this year. JJ and clowney are gonna have a field day. I can see them both lining up on the right side

H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
He gave up one sack against one of the best young pass rushers in the NFL. Not saying hes anything special but it's not time to panic yet.

and wasn't it the first offensive play of the game where the snap count was screwed up and nobody on the line was ready?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

and wasn't it the first offensive play of the game where the snap count was screwed up and nobody on the line was ready?

That was the sack but what excuse for all the rushed throws because of the pressure he allowed.

And on that sack he could of at least moved

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
4thandPunt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

That was the sack but what excuse for all the rushed throws because of the pressure he allowed.

Show video to prove these claims of rushed throws because of pressure he allowed against Washington.

What I saw was an extraordinarily clean pocket when the ones were in, and what I'm seeing is a bunch of people piling on to a guy without any real justification.

He could have at least moved? He did move, but he was late because either Mack or Hoyer totally, completely botched the exchange, along with Cameron having a straight garbage night starting from the first play.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4thandPunt wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

Show video to prove these claims of rushed throws because of pressure he allowed against Washington.

What I saw was an extraordinarily clean pocket when the ones were in, and what I'm seeing is a bunch of people piling on to a guy without any real justification.

He could have at least moved? He did move, but he was late because either Mack or Hoyer totally, completely botched the exchange, along with Cameron having a straight garbage night starting from the first play.

100% agree on Cameron he was shocking on that first play.

He looked to block on the left side of the Line despite us having two extra blockers on that side and him being on the right side of the QB. he could of and should of stopped that sack.

Still think ScHwatrz sucks.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone blaming that first sack on Schwartz is ridiculous.

Schwartz did give up a sack, and it wasn't the speed rush that got him. He just got pushed back and shed. I would say he had a below average game, but I don't think he was so bad that he needs to be worried about his job. He has room to improve, but given how bad our back up offensive line performed, I would be a lot less comfortable allowing any of them to take his job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: