Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Derek Carr Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Derek Carr prove to be the teams franchise QB?
Yes
94%
 94%  [ 102 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 108

raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
QB_Guru wrote:
The way Carr is playing so far he will end up like Jimmy Clausen. He lacks confidence to make the tight window and down field throws even though he has the arm for it. He is indecisive in his reads and doesn't scan the whole field. I can see the Raiders ending up with the worst record and cleaning house. New GM/Head coach will probably pick a QB #1 overall just like the Panthers did with Cam/Clausen. Say hello to Jameis Winston or Mariota.

Looking back in this thread and finding gems like these lol
Some people were so dramatic about Carr not lighting it up early on
Funny thing is QB Guru was probably rolling around on the floor kick and screaming in tears when Carr got hurt. Shhh
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
QB_Guru wrote:
The way Carr is playing so far he will end up like Jimmy Clausen. He lacks confidence to make the tight window and down field throws even though he has the arm for it. He is indecisive in his reads and doesn't scan the whole field. I can see the Raiders ending up with the worst record and cleaning house. New GM/Head coach will probably pick a QB #1 overall just like the Panthers did with Cam/Clausen. Say hello to Jameis Winston or Mariota.

Yep. Just like people are so dramatic about Ward and Calhoun not lighting it up early on. You know who you are.

Ward sure. Calhoun naw i disagree. Ward has flashed. Calhoun has'been so bad. Really hasnt shown much of anything. Some times picks just dont work out. I see an ufda taking his spot in the 2018 offseason.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
QB_Guru wrote:

Yep. Just like people are so dramatic about Ward and Calhoun not lighting it up early on. You know who you are.

Ward sure. Calhoun naw i disagree. Ward has flashed. Calhoun has'been so bad. Really hasnt shown much of anything. Some times picks just dont work out. I see an ufda taking his spot in the 2018 offseason.

I need some knowledge on the situation, can you give me a quick breakdown on his play and what makes him so bad?
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I checked this is the Derek Carr thread. Seemed to have gotten off topic a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
QB_Guru wrote:

I need some knowledge on the situation, can you give me a quick breakdown on his play and what makes him so bad?

I think Calhouns biggest deal is he needs to add some size and learn the nuances of the position. I don't think hes a bad player, but he will need some time to grow into a role. Not a bad thing for a 3rd round pick. Not everyone is day 1 ready for the league. Some guys take time, and need development.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
wait do raider fans still think mcgloin is good? the offense goes into a shell when he's playing, and i swear, if he didnt have that one good game against the texans a few years ago as a rookie, people wouldn't think highly of him. he's a preseason stud and nothing more.

i mean really, go back through his game log and tell me which performances lead you to have confidence in him...

there's a reason the raiders went out and drafted connor cook one year before mcgloin's contract is up. cook is getting this time to learn the offense, get adjusted to the NFL, and if all goes to plan and he isn't completely incompetent like tyler wilson was, be the clipboard holder for the next few years

NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT2YmEMPDKk

PREACH COLIN, PREACH!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:

I felt this way when Peyton Manning injured his neck and the colts went 2-14. To me MVP mean's that without a certain player a team isn't very good or even down right terrible. Without Carr the raiders could only produce 6 points, with him they did 5x as much. But this award will probably go to Ryan or Brady.

Also I agree with Crabtree, Talib isn't hard. He's thug. And possibly insane. I mean when a guys says that he couldn't help it he had to rip off a guy's chain then that sound's crazy to me. Also what's Crabtree supposed to do? Punch the guy? Scumbag.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr admits now that he did actually break, not just dislocate, his finger. #Raiders
Jimmy Durkin (@Jimmy_Durkin) January 3, 2017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:

Shannon Sharpe is a pretty pathetic individual, isn't he?

And Cowherd really is bang on the money. I didn't expect Carr to win, but to not even be considered with a 12-3 record and how terrible we looked without him, is such a joke.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

Shannon Sharpe is a pretty pathetic individual, isn't he?

And Cowherd really is bang on the money. I didn't expect Carr to win, but to not even be considered with a 12-3 record and how terrible we looked without him, is such a joke.

Personally I would rather not see players wearing jewelry like that on the field but Talib is a clown for making a scene over it.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think the impact of the injury will be on Carr's contract talks?

Will it keep the price down or highlight his importance?

It makes me sick to think about it but keeping the salary in a reasonable range is good for the team long term even tho none of us would mind giving Carr a boatload.

Will it push the extension out to the middle of the year to give the team a chance to see how Carr bounces back?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
What do you guys think the impact of the injury will be on Carr's contract talks?

Will it keep the price down or highlight his importance?

It makes me sick to think about it but keeping the salary in a reasonable range is good for the team long term even tho none of us would mind giving Carr a boatload.

Will it push the extension out to the middle of the year to give the team a chance to see how Carr bounces back?

I don't think it affects it much at all. I guess you can make the argument that it highlights his importance, but he was going to break the bank no matter what so it isn't like it drives his price up. Seeing as it was a broken bone and not a Bridgewater-esque catastrophic type injury, I doubt it has any substantial effect on the amount he'll be getting when he does get the extension.

His agents will probably wait to see what Kirk Cousins gets and then ask for more.

Smack on the new sig
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

I felt this way when Peyton Manning injured his neck and the colts went 2-14. To me MVP mean's that without a certain player a team isn't very good or even down right terrible. Without Carr the raiders could only produce 6 points, with him they did 5x as much. But this award will probably go to Ryan or Brady.

This. I don't think any QB has carried their team like Carr has for most of the year, save for Rodgers' late-season surge. We went from the cellar to a 12-win team almost overnight and it would not have happened without Carr. At a minimum, you could change all those 4th-quarter comebacks to losses if we didn't have him. I understand why Brady or Ryan deserve it, but Carr deserves to be high up in the candidates list.
G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks back I was going to ask you all here if you'd trade Carr for Cleveland next two or three drafts??? 3 I would have done but seeing how bad we looked without him I'd say NO WAY!!!
The amount of love the guy gets from other fans and respect from other players is PRICELESS and might help lure other FA's to the Raiders in the future no matter where we reside.
I'd offer 20 million and give him whatever it takes by the end of the season if he hasn't signed. He is our MVP as Mack is also. I'd love to keep salary's low for future success, but these two men ARE our Franchise so...PAY THEM!!!
Not surprised his finger was broken as it looked broken. Can't wait to see Carr back on the field but right now hoping for Cook to show some value. I know having a back-up is wise but if he does well and we're offered something good I'd draft another back-up. NEXT!!! The 'Packer' way when they had Favre. Burnell became a starter as #4 was Iron Man.
Get well soon Derek.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 74 of 76

Jump to: