Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How does Jace Amaro look so far ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: How does Jace Amaro look so far ?? Reply with quote

Don"t see any of the Jets pre season games in Flordia, and read nothing about him in the papers. He was a key pick in the draft, and i would like to know how he is doing. We sure could use a top TE.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He started out great in rookie camp, then looked like a rookie once training camp started. Has missed some assignments and some dropped passes in practice. As for the 2 preseason games, I think he's looked good. He actually is blocking a lot better than what was expected, and has had some nice catches as well. I follow him quite a bit on the field as a Jets and Texas Tech fan and he actually has been open several times and either Geno or Vick missed him. Overall I think he'll be just fine. Playing in a run 1st offense, he's not gonna light up the stat sheet, but he looks like he'll be a nice weapon for our QB.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the INFO,good report
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
He started out great in rookie camp, then looked like a rookie once training camp started. Has missed some assignments and some dropped passes in practice. As for the 2 preseason games, I think he's looked good. He actually is blocking a lot better than what was expected, and has had some nice catches as well. I follow him quite a bit on the field as a Jets and Texas Tech fan and he actually has been open several times and either Geno or Vick missed him. Overall I think he'll be just fine. Playing in a run 1st offense, he's not gonna light up the stat sheet, but he looks like he'll be a nice weapon for our QB.

I agree with all of that. Up and down as expected. Looks very fluid with the ball in his hands in space. I think he's going to be a very solid TE for the long term. His size just makes him a natural blocker and with some more technique there is no reason he can't be a good one.

His hands were shaky but I think only because he was thinking about where to be and not on the catch. Don't remember him dropping anything in any preseason games. Again he looks really smooth with the ball and could be a weapon for some long plays up the seam. Not a Julius Thomas/Vernon Davis type TE that can make people miss but is a long strider that picks up big chunks of yards if given room. He'll have his ups and downs as a rookie but in the long run looks like a bright future at the TE spot with him and Sudfeld.

I've never been high on Cumberland.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If used correctly I think he can have a very Greg Olsen like career.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
If used correctly I think he can have a very Greg Olsen like career.

I think his ceiling is higher than that, but at this point I would be pretty happy with an Olsen-type career. I know this year will be a big learning experience for him, but I'm excited to see how he improves once he gets used to the speed of the game and the offensive playbook.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: