Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason week three GDT. Please would a QB stand up....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should start at QB for the regular season
Brian Hoyer
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Johnny Manziel
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Tim Couch (there are older QB's still playing)
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Browns1987

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Rams QB Sam Bradford is out for season after MRI shows he did tear left knee ACL, per sources. Rams will announce later today. @ESPNNFL

Damn, i feel sorry for him.
Lets trade Hoyer to them!
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the game last night. The jumbotrons are cool but the actual spot to see the score of the game was tiny. They have smaller monitors underneath the main jumbotrons which were wasted with the bud light logo. I shouldnt have to squint across to field to try and read a tiny [inappropriate/removed] scoreboard to see the damn score.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradford is surely done in St Louis now.

$65m all in
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way would Rams trade for Hoyer. Their 2nd and 3rd string QBs outperformed our "starter" by a wide margin.

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi and Banner whiffed on Leon Mcfadden, but they got an absolute steal in Armonty Bryant. Mingo has shown flashes.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/24/nfln-dumps-rams-browns-re-air-over-virtual-signage/

Eff you NFL

EFf you in your stupid face
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
Went to the game last night. The jumbotrons are cool but the actual spot to see the score of the game was tiny. They have smaller monitors underneath the main jumbotrons which were wasted with the bud light logo. I shouldnt have to squint across to field to try and read a tiny [inappropriate/removed] scoreboard to see the damn score.

Completely agree... I was in section 319, and had to look across the field to see the stats. I gave up trying to see what the yardage and down was sometime in the second quarter given how small the display was and just sent a message to the Cleveland Browns noting as much. Hopefully I'm not the only one and this gets changed by the regular season.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our secondary sucks without Hadden

Skrine if fit to start season. Gilbert is going to be good but he looked like a rookie last night.

West was a steal. Needs to stop the dancing but that will come love the power he runs with.

Kirksey was also a steal, my new man crush that one handed INT

Things are looking a little rough right now but Ray Farmer gives me hope, helps that the bills look terrible!

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen Eric Martin on the field at all this preseason? I loved this guys college tape and his energy he plays with. Confused as hell right now as to what is not translating.

Jamison on the sig
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Has anyone seen Eric Martin on the field at all this preseason? I loved this guys college tape and his energy he plays with. Confused as hell right now as to what is not translating.

haven't seen him on the field yet. there is no way on earth he could be worse than Tank Carder though

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

Skrine if fit to start season. Gilbert is going to be good but he looked like a rookie last night.

West was a steal. Needs to stop the dancing but that will come love the power he runs with.

Things are looking a little rough right now but Ray Farmer gives me hope, helps that the bills look terrible!

Gilbert made some terrific plays last night. our defense was on the field for 40 bleeping minutes in that game. The Rams converted more 3rd downs than we attempted for the game. If our offense can't sustain drives and put points on the board our defense is going to be vulnerable no matter how good they are on paper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Gilbert made some terrific plays last night. our defense was on the field for 40 bleeping minutes in that game. The Rams converted more 3rd downs than we attempted for the game. If our offense can't sustain drives and put points on the board our defense is going to be vulnerable no matter how good they are on paper

He made some bad plays as well. I'm not hating on him at all. Just saying he looked like a rookie last night.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Onizuka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

So basically........the same thing different year? Confused

Once again it looks like our offense does our defense no favors....Honestly hope our offense starts to click....really hoping its bc of the new zbs they are trying to learn.....as far as o-line.....QB on the other hand.....

honestly feel bad for our defense.....they do great, go to the bench, get told to take a sip of Gatorade, 1 minute later get told they are up again.....
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onizuka wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Once again it looks like our offense does our defense no favors....Honestly hope our offense starts to click....really hoping its bc of the new zbs they are trying to learn.....as far as o-line.....QB on the other hand.....

honestly feel bad for our defense.....they do great, go to the bench, get told to take a sip of Gatorade, 1 minute later get told they are up again.....

im not going to blame the ZBS because it doesnt take that long to master. a man scheme could be difficult because you need to know who you man is in different fronts. In a ZBS, you got your zone, you need to know your rules. You understand your rules and you can be find running the zone.

One thing I could credit it too was the Browns only have 4 days to prepare for the Rams had 6days to prepare.

Browns have starters out, have starters rotating in and out with back ups, and we just had our starting QB a week1 ago.

Some people need to relax. No one won the superbowl in the preseason or became the #1 overall picking team in the preseason. Hell the year the lions went 0-16, they were 4-0 in the preseason. Need to relax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Onizuka wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

im not going to blame the ZBS because it doesnt take that long to master. a man scheme could be difficult because you need to know who you man is in different fronts. In a ZBS, you got your zone, you need to know your rules. You understand your rules and you can be find running the zone.

One thing I could credit it too was the Browns only have 4 days to prepare for the Rams had 6days to prepare.

Browns have starters out, have starters rotating in and out with back ups, and we just had our starting QB a week1 ago.

Some people need to relax. No one won the superbowl in the preseason or became the #1 overall picking team in the preseason. Hell the year the lions went 0-16, they were 4-0 in the preseason. Need to relax

Ok......except for the last several seasons, our offense has been trash while our defense continues to improve.....I don't see what's bad in saying that....from what it looks like....we haven't made any steps to improvement....

Also....I'm not asking for the perfect offense....I'm just asking for any kind of offense.....other teams have starters out and are also testing their rookies, but, they can still move the ball and not have the defense on the field for 40 mins.

All I'm asking for is some sort of sign that our offense will be watchable this year.....it sucks cheering when our defense makes plays only to have our offense go 3 and out or turn it over.....not exactly standing on the ledge here.....would just like to see the Browns offense show improvement like our defense continues to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: