Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie WR Shaq Evans out for season (torn labrum)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Rookie WR Shaq Evans out for season (torn labrum) Reply with quote

Quote:
@SbsonDeck: Going under the knife today. Praying for a speedy recovery! #prayforme #minorsetbackforamajorcomeback

This has been expected for a few weeks now. He will be placed on injured reserve, per Rex Ryan and multiple sources.

Last edited by green24 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably wouldn't have made the team, so it's not all lost. Wink

He can basically redshirt this year and get ready to go next year, just like McDougle. I still like Evans the most out of all our other WRs in terms of being a potential starter. I hope he can eventually become like Cotchery was for us.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
kilahchris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks that we waited until round 4 to draft A wide Receiver ( weakest group on the team)

It sucks even more that Evans is gone for the year.

Lets hope Stephen Hill can step it up big time this year.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping he goes unclaimed because I really like this kid... it's unfortunate that he's been behind from day 1.

We've really gotten screwed this year with injuries, usually something we are pretty good at avoiding. If Shaq goes unclaimed, the silver lining will be that he (along with McDougle) will essentially be redshirts, and it'll be like having 2 more draft picks next year. The bad news is we're thin at both positions.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
green24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
I'm hoping he goes unclaimed because I really like this kid... it's unfortunate that he's been behind from day 1.

We've really gotten screwed this year with injuries, usually something we are pretty good at avoiding. If Shaq goes unclaimed, the silver lining will be that he (along with McDougle) will essentially be redshirts, and it'll be like having 2 more draft picks next year. The bad news is we're thin at both positions.

He didn't get waived. He was placed on IR.

Quote:
@AdamSchefter: OK, let's get this straight once and for all: Jets added WR Shaq Evans to injured reserve, not waived/injured. Apologies for confusion.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya this stinks. Honestly after the draft I was hoping he'd grab the #2 WR role with Decker opposite him and Kerley in the slot. He got held back by UCLAs late classes then got injured. Tough break for him. On a positive note, he woulda been a tough roster call, so placing him on IR virtually guarantees him a shot to make our roster next season. Where we might have put him on the PS and he prob. Woulda got claimed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: