Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random trade idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Random trade idea Reply with quote

Alex Boone!?

He wants to get paid and SF doesn't look like they are willing. There has been a lot of trade speculation with him so far.

Question is can he be a good RT? The move in to guard has helped a lot. If he is capable, it would be a solid upgrade over Schwartz.

Also, this has nothing to do with him being a Buckeye. I hated him when he was OSU. I think he's a clown.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Random trade idea Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Alex Boone!?

He wants to get paid and SF doesn't look like they are willing. There has been a lot of trade speculation with him so far.

Question is can he be a good RT? The move in to guard has helped a lot. If he is capable, it would be a solid upgrade over Schwartz.

Also, this has nothing to do with him being a Buckeye. I hated him when he was OSU. I think he's a clown.

Boone wants to get paid. We cant have that much money invested into RT, C, and LT because it will take away from other positions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Random trade idea Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Alex Boone!?

Boone wants to get paid. We cant have that much money invested into RT, C, and LT because it will take away from other positions.

I don't think he wants like top 3 money. We could probably give the dude 5-6 mil per year. That's not horrible.

zelbell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Random trade idea Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Alex Boone!?

I don't think he wants like top 3 money. We could probably give the dude 5-6 mil per year. That's not horrible.
I've read he wants top like 15 guard money

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: 4 more weeks.......
Sig by Smack
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Random trade idea Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Alex Boone!?

I don't think top 15 guard money is more than 5 per year IIRC.

zelbell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Random trade idea Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Alex Boone!?

I was agreeing with you Laughing

But I don't think RG is really the problem, it's the RT position that needs addressing

Sig by Smack
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Random trade idea Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Alex Boone!?

But I don't think RG is really the problem, it's the RT position that needs addressing

My idea was to make him RT and kill Schwartz. Can't believe i drafted him in the adopt a brown.

The question was whether or not we think he could be good at RT. He played OT in college.

sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure why not. Might as well use up the cap we have. Not like we're gonna do anything with it this late

zelbell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Random trade idea Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Alex Boone!?

My idea was to make him RT and kill Schwartz. Can't believe i drafted him in the adopt a brown.

The question was whether or not we think he could be good at RT. He played OT in college.
he was a good LT in college for his first 3 seasons or so, but he was horrid his last year.....he may be better off staying at Guard

Sig by Smack
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Random trade idea Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Alex Boone!?

he was a good LT in college for his first 3 seasons or so, but he was horrid his last year.....he may be better off staying at Guard

I remember hating him the last year. I think it's cuz he was a drunk lol

Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: hfz Reply with quote

We already have other options available to us for RT already on the team.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: hfz Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
We already have other options available to us for RT already on the team.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Options? Yes

Decent options? Probably not Laughing Crying or Very sad

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to do something at RT or it wont be long before Connor Shaw starts his first regular season game.

ScHwatrz is going to get our QB's hurt.

He had a real nice first season till teams worked out that he could not handle speed rushers.

Also his first season the starting TE was Ben Watson a far better blocker than Cameron which maybe masked some issues that were then exposed when Cameron became the starter.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boone is purely a run blocker (a damn good one) but he's worse than Schwartz in pass pro
mchjstnk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we replace Schwartz with a guy that would be just as bad. I would trade for him in a heartbeat and keep him at RG. He would be a major upgrade over Greco. Or move Greco over to left side, put Boone as RG and Bitonio as right tackle.

I would love to trade for him but you don't acquire him and then move him from his position that he played that allowed him to make it in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: