Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to name a Starter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if its me or not but I cant remember any rookie QB coming into the preseason and just looking amazing.

I dont remember Newton killing it in the preseason but was fine in the regular season. Wilson didnt start any of the preseason games until the 3rd game of the preseason. RGIII didnt look like a complete stud.

I think its hard to think what we are seeing is exactly the way Hoyer or Manziel will look if they are the starter for week1.

To me when Manziel was in Shanny looked like he was experimenting with his play calling with manziel. Like it didnt look like he had a plan for what he was calling. Didnt really seem like he was setting plays up or had an idea of a system. Like he had manziel running a playaction off a stretch play fake and I dont remember the offense ever truly running a stetch play.

I think Shanny is also trying to figure out how to properly use his QBs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it comes down to starter naming time and hoyer wins because manziel flipped the bird, that would be utterly ridiculous to me.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
if it comes down to starter naming time and hoyer wins because manziel flipped the bird, that would be utterly ridiculous to me.

Mike said that will play no part in it.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Quote:
"We'll take into account all things quarterbacks A to Z, so it's a body of work,'' Pettine said on a conference call. "It's everything from the time they set foot in the building back in the spring up until today."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/mike_pettine_admits_johnny_man.html
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Quote:
"We'll take into account all things quarterbacks A to Z, so it's a body of work,'' Pettine said on a conference call. "It's everything from the time they set foot in the building back in the spring up until today."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/mike_pettine_admits_johnny_man.html

Don't have a link but a reporter asked him if it will have any bearing on the choice he said no. It's all about who will win more games

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

I ve done worse in the middle of a competition. Was playing baseball and the pitcher threw one at my head. Next at bat I hit a HR and the gave him the 1 finger salute while running the bases.

Needless to say I didn't last long on that team with anger issues (had lots of anger issues when I was younger) and charged the mound with the aluminum baseball bat and was going to beat the snot out of a pitcher.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

I ve done worse in the middle of a competition. Was playing baseball and the pitcher threw one at my head. Next at bat I hit a HR and the gave him the 1 finger salute while running the bases.

Needless to say I didn't last long on that team with anger issues (had lots of anger issues when I was younger) and charged the mound with the aluminum baseball bat and was going to beat the snot out of a pitcher.

If you want to see anger you should watch me play rugby. I punch, kick and eye gouge at the bottom of a ruck where the ref can't see.

But I have mellowed down a bit now. If the ref is a idiot I still have to tell him though

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

If you want to see anger you should watch me play rugby. I punch, kick and eye gouge at the bottom of a ruck where the ref can't see.

But I have mellowed down a bit now. If the ref is a idiot I still have to tell him though

I mumble things to myself when people make me mad. Then I go on message boards and act like a tough guy. Gets me by.

Got a problem with that punk?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Slide into a base with your spikes in the air to purposefully spike someone.

Also at the bottom of a fumble pile in football grabbing and twisting someone else's junk isn't that uncommon.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhow when do we think the starter will be named?
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
sometime in September I think. If not hopefully October

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

The day following the leagues ruling on the Gordon suspension makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

The day following the leagues ruling on the Gordon suspension makes sense to me.

So split reps for two more years till the court case is done

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

So split reps for two more years till the court case is done

Works for me but no more of this 2 series each crap.

Manziel gets 1st and 3rd down and Hoyer gets 2nd down to start and then the next set of downs switch.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing that Monday night showed us nothing.

I think it made the decision to name Hoyer the starter incredibly easy.

They both sucked, but Johnny just looks totally lost, as to be expected given this is the first time he is learning a legit offense, and it's a hard one to learn for anyone, especially in a few weeks time.

Just name him the starter already and let's get ready for Pittsburgh.

I definitely agree that the best thing to do longterm is to get Johnny playing time, but not sure how advantageous playing time will be when he is completely lost.

Let's put him in the instant the staff feels he is "ready", meaning he knows the damn playbook well enough to execute some plays. Until then let Hoyer play himself out of the position.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: