Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to name a Starter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
At this point, why not wait till the 3rd game is over?

I don't even know anymore.

If they really don't know, let em duke it out the whole damn 3rd game.

F it all

id prefer hoyer to that solution.

one qb going forward needs all of the reps
it is their job to find out which one

This. The reason I started this thread is because last night proved this is not fair on either QB. Name a starter and give him all the reps

I'm leaning more towards Nug with this one. I wouldn't just give either QB the job, duke it out until one of them shows something. I wouldn't do every other series but keep the starters in at least the 1st half and each get a quarter. Same in the 2nd half, whoever played the 2nd quarter plays the 3rd. We can take the starters out at some point in the second half but both QB's play 2 full quarters unless the job has been secured by one due to play or injury.

I think the bright lights of MNF got the nerves going for a lot of our players, that should be gone now (until week 1) and we should see a more relaxed offense. Lets see who does the most with it in week 3 and name a starter then.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Mike throws us all for a loop and goes with......

Not saying that he is anything remotely close to the right move, but heck, he knows the offense.

Wink

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 17 tackles, 2 sacks
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

F it all

This. The reason I started this thread is because last night proved this is not fair on either QB. Name a starter and give him all the reps

I'm leaning more towards Nug with this one. I wouldn't just give either QB the job, duke it out until one of them shows something. I wouldn't do every other series but keep the starters in at least the 1st half and each get a quarter. Same in the 2nd half, whoever played the 2nd quarter plays the 3rd. We can take the starters out at some point in the second half but both QB's play 2 full quarters unless the job has been secured by one due to play or injury.

I think the bright lights of MNF got the nerves going for a lot of our players, that should be gone now (until week 1) and we should see a more relaxed offense. Lets see who does the most with it in week 3 and name a starter then.
I understand what you are saying but I just don't think we will have A QB ready for the steelers this way

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

F it all

I understand what you are saying but I just don't think we will have A QB ready for the steelers this way

This exercise has become counterproductive to preparing the team to win.

Time (past?) to end it, one way or another, so long as it is not by coin-flip.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres absolutely no way you can be evaluating these guys for this long and not have a front runner. Pick whoevers ahead, and commit to them for at least up until the bye week. Splitting reps all the time only sets us back, regardless of who we pick. Our entire offense has looked disorganized, I can imagine because Johnny and Hoyer are probably loads different to practice with.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Theres absolutely no way you can be evaluating these guys for this long and not have a front runner. Pick whoevers ahead, and commit to them for at least up until the bye week. Splitting reps all the time only sets us back, regardless of who we pick. Our entire offense has looked disorganized, I can imagine because Johnny and Hoyer are probably loads different to practice with.

Hoyer is your starter and this competition was a sham.
Ether

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoyer, he needs to fix his footwork on throws to fix these accuracy issues he's having, and WRs need to make some plays. Even though he's not played up to par he's cycling through his progressions much better than johnny is.
G3LesPaul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sick of everyone crying over flipping the bird.

The kid is 21 and has been harassed, viewed negatively, hated since he was drafted and he has never done anything wrong. If I was 21 and people were constantly on my butt, EVERY SINGLE DAY, I would get pissed too, especially if I wasn't playing well. To me, it just shows he's mad at himself for sucking and I respect that. I rather have that then someone who doesn't give a crap.

I do blame the coaches for how they handled this. This should of never been a competition and should not of been splitting reps in practice. This just ADDS to the frustration that Manziel is already facing. You could see it in the entire offense, not just Johnny. But he is young and that is what happens. But if he got older and did it more and more, then it's a problem

This could of all been avoided by JUST DECLARING A STARTER ALREADY
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is turning into a right fluster cuck even by Cleveland browns standards

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

Yep. You need to give either guy all the reps because Hoyer has started 3 games and Johnny 0...
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Yep. You need to give either guy all the reps because Hoyer has started 3 games and Johnny 0...

Yep I want it to be Manziel but if it's Hoyer that's fine it just needs to happen

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Yep I want it to be Manziel but if it's Hoyer that's fine it just needs to happen

I think the staff is split. I think Shanny/Loggains wants to start Johnny. I think Pettine wants to start Hoyer.

When Pettine said the staff wasn't split his voice inflection changed. Which means I think he was lying when he said the staff wasn't split.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:

1) Possibly make the wrong call and fix your error week four.

2) Let them continue to battle and possibly not be as comfortable the 1st week of the season but you increase your chance to have made the right call.

I'll take option 2 personally.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:

I hate Gruden, but he was right on that point during the MNF broadcast.

This preseason, Manziel has taken practically all of his snaps from the pistol or the shotgun(because he never played under center in college, yet another thing he needs a lot more practice reps to get comfortable with). Hoyer has taken practically no pistol snaps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

1) Possibly make the wrong call and fix your error week four.

2) Let them continue to battle and possibly not be as comfortable the 1st week of the season but you increase your chance to have made the right call.

I'll take option 2 personally.

But one or two good practices over the next week could easily be a mirage. No reason to make a coaching decision on that either. Make your decision now and roll with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: