You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to name a Starter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
it will be hoyer and i am expecting a 0-3 start with a change at the bye

I think it will be Hoyer and I expect an 0-8 start before they consider a change. (I think it would be Grossman) I doubt that Johnny sees the field at all this season and Pettine will go out of his way to make sure it is a Red-shirt year for Johnny.

You can't honestly believe this.

what that hoyer is that bad, or they would keep hoyer in that long?
the first i might believe...

I don't think he will be that bad. With some continuity and rhythm, I think he will improve slightly. Only average, but still decent enough to not lose games for us if the D plays well.

I think our WR's are screwed and defenses will be loading the box and not fearing the deep pass at all. The offense is just plain garbage

dude is wilting so hard under pressure

we go from hearing how scrappy, how hard working, how vet hoyer is. how intelligent he is. how far ahead he is.

fast forward a month

"well, he's basically a rookie"

dude caught MIN and CIN by surprise last year. he's fumbling away his opportunity here, and somehow held on. he's awful. he's not a starting QB in this league.

If he is even average, I will eat my crow and wear a brian hoyer sig as long as he is the starting qb of the cleveland browns.

I'll say I think he throws more TD's than picks. Barely. I don't think he's good by any stretch, but I think he is competent enough to get us 2 wins in our first 8. I don't think we go 0-8

i will bet you on this

lol i'm not that confident in this prediction

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's because of how disappointed and disgusted I still am at the the offense's display last night, but this article was a cathartic read in the same sense that scratching a mosquito bite until you've ripped open a bloody hole is relieving...

http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog.com/worst-decision-ever/

Ugh... my pity party for the upcoming season is in full effect.

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should start Manziel, but I doubt they will.

I think Hoyer starts 0-3 and Manziel goes in after the bye.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Browns1987

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Hoyer.
Start Manziel, have Shaw as backup.

Hoyer will not give us any playoffs push, he has no more upside.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONNOR MOTHER F'IN SHAW!

lol. This is such a crap show. Half of this organizations failures are due to not making a decision and running with it. If you pick a kid in the first round and are able to let him sit (a la Green Bay and A-Rod), then do it. If you don't have a formidable QB and a pretty great offensive line (US), throw the kid out there and let him play.

If Hoyer was the back up at Minnesota there wouldn't even be a question. Hoyer is a good story but he isn't a Tom Brady retread, people need to stop thinking Tom Brady's backups are going to be something special in this league.

Hoyer pulled some games out of his rectum last year. He did not look that great then and still doesn't. Not saying I want Manziel to start. I didn't want the kid. He was my 4th QB during the draft, however, we took him in the first round.

We may not have the best WRs in the world but he has sufficient weapons around him to be successful. Hopefully they make the decision soon and stick with it. Whether it is Hoyer or Manziel, but if it isn't Hoyer I don't know if I would expect him to be on this team much longer. I guess we will wait and see.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

New offense + decent journeyman (hoyer) + QB camp battle + below average WR Core = terrible games. Hoyer isn't getting as many first team reps as he should get. It shows. Only time he started to get in rhythm was stopped by a fumble. This in 1 out 1 stuff didn't do either QB any favors. I would pick Hoyer as your starter, give him 90% of the first team reps and actually give him a chance to gel with the offense. He is the Vet and Manziel has not shown why he is hands down better than him. Plus this also takes pressure off Manziel and actually allows him to learn the offense and the speed of the game. Plus if Manziel is flicking off the other bench in the 3rd quarter of preseason against an NFC opponent... imagine was Pittsburgh is going to do against the kid. Again I'm not making a huge deal out of flicking off someone or a group of people (I'm an Eagles Fan too... Screw the skins....) but I will make one out of the fact that it shows Manziel can crack under pressure and lose his cool. I don't want that out of my starting QB.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
New offense + decent journeyman (hoyer) + QB camp battle + below average WR Core = terrible games. Hoyer isn't getting as many first team reps as he should get. It shows. Only time he started to get in rhythm was stopped by a fumble. This in 1 out 1 stuff didn't do either QB any favors. I would pick Hoyer as your starter, give him 90% of the first team reps and actually give him a chance to gel with the offense. He is the Vet and Manziel has not shown why he is hands down better than him. Plus this also takes pressure off Manziel and actually allows him to learn the offense and the speed of the game. Plus if Manziel is flicking off the other bench in the 3rd quarter of preseason against an NFC opponent... imagine was Pittsburgh is going to do against the kid. Again I'm not making a huge deal out of flicking off someone or a group of people (I'm an Eagles Fan too... Screw the skins....) but I will make one out of the fact that it shows Manziel can crack under pressure and lose his cool. I don't want that out of my starting QB.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

he is 8 years older and giving us less production than manziel gave us. he should be getting 0 reps, except for we're too afraid to play a fn rookie

hoyer is such a charlie frye option here
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times has a QB battle ended well?
roger murdock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

It ends well when one person earns it ie Brews vs Rivers, Wilson vs Flynn. The reason they usually don't work is because they typically involve 2 scrubs who would be bad anyway.

This situation is reminding me so much of Anderson v Quinn during Manginis first year. Instead of a QB race, they are driving in reverse. This would be a lot easier if we drafted Bridgewater.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees vs Rivera came down to money and Brees being injured. Russell Wilson vs Matt Flynn is the only time I can think of it ending well.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

It ends well when one person earns it ie Brews vs Rivers, Wilson vs Flynn. The reason they usually don't work is because they typically involve 2 scrubs who would be bad anyway.

This situation is reminding me so much of Anderson v Quinn during Manginis first year. Instead of a QB race, they are driving in reverse. This would be a lot easier if we drafted Bridgewater.

brees won brees v rivers when rivers held out. wasnt even a competition.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees won the next year too.

I agree we should pick someone but I don't know if there's a good option at this point. I'd role with Hoyer for now because he showed he could use Gordon and Cameron last year and he went 3/0 as a starter. That's more than either players shown this year. Our entire offense looks completely out of it so far. Hoyers best attribute is getting the ball out of his hands quickly and being deciisize. I thinks that's what we need until our team gets the hang of this offense. Manziel might get killed, and his free style playing probably isn't ideal for other players growth immediately.

Give Hoyer the first 3 and see what happens. Re-evaulate at the bye.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Brees won the next year too.

I agree we should pick someone but I don't know if there's a good option at this point. I'd role with Hoyer for now because he showed he could use Gordon and Cameron last year and he went 3/0 as a starter. That's more than either players shown this year. Our entire offense looks completely out of it so far. Hoyers best attribute is getting the ball out of his hands quickly and being deciisize. I thinks that's what we need until our team gets the hang of this offense. Manziel might get killed, and his free style playing probably isn't ideal for other players growth immediately.

Give Hoyer the first 3 and see what happens. Re-evaulate at the bye.

Hoyer only completed 2 of 4 passes against the Bills for 25 yards.

A pitcher must go 5 innings to get credit for a win, Hoyer didn't get out of the 1st inning. I know it sounds good and even professional journalists use that reference but we all know better here so you can go ahead and say it like it is, he was 2-0 as a starter.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I'm OK with not starting Manziel for the first 3 games, is because those first 3 defenses are so tough. Schwartz isn't helping matters, and I'd like Manziel to get another 4 weeks with the playbook and with reps.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
The only reason I'm OK with not starting Manziel for the first 3 games, is because those first 3 defenses are so tough. Schwartz isn't helping matters, and I'd like Manziel to get another 4 weeks with the playbook and with reps.

how much is reps with taylor gabriel, willie snead really gonna help? i mean he clearly looked better with the 2nd team yesterday, he's already accustomed to them. wouldnt we want him to get accustomed with the FIRST team players?

if you name Manziel starter now, you get 3 weeks of practice plus the 2 weeks after the bye + 3 first weeks of season preparation
if you name Manziel starter after game 3, you just get 2 weeks after bye with 1st team

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: