You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to name a Starter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Manziel getting killed. Throw Hoyer to the wolves.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

I think Kyle wants to start Manziel. I think Pettine will override him and go with Hoyer. Hoyer fits what Pettine wants to do (run the ball and win with defense).

No, Manziel does...because more passing plays will turn into running plays as well as the read option...which runs more time off the clock, which is what they want. That being said, of course he'll go with Hoyer.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

I think Kyle wants to start Manziel. I think Pettine will override him and go with Hoyer. Hoyer fits what Pettine wants to do (run the ball and win with defense).

No, Manziel does...because more passing plays will turn into running plays as well as the read option...which runs more time off the clock, which is what they want. That being said, of course he'll go with Hoyer.

I think Pettine wants less passing plays. Hence why I think he will go with Hoyer. Run the ball eat up time and hope to out FG the opposing team.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be hoyer and i am expecting a 0-3 start with a change at the bye
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't make sense...if anything more run plays would be called with Manziel because of the read option angle. Why would they call more pass plays with JF? Plus more pass plays will turn into run plays.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

I think it will be Hoyer and I expect an 0-8 start before they consider a change. (I think it would be Grossman) I doubt that Johnny sees the field at all this season and Pettine will go out of his way to make sure it is a Red-shirt year for Johnny.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

I think it will be Hoyer and I expect an 0-8 start before they consider a change. (I think it would be Grossman) I doubt that Johnny sees the field at all this season and Pettine will go out of his way to make sure it is a Red-shirt year for Johnny.

You can't honestly believe this.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

what that hoyer is that bad, or they would keep hoyer in that long?
the first i might believe...
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

I don't think he will be that bad. With some continuity and rhythm, I think he will improve slightly. Only average, but still decent enough to not lose games for us if the D plays well.

I think our WR's are screwed and defenses will be loading the box and not fearing the deep pass at all. The offense is just plain garbage

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Sorry, should have been more specific... that Hoyer would be allowed to go 8 straight losses, and then on top of that, Grossman would leap frog Manziel despite the fact that JF is currently in a competition for the starting job.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Sure I can. I hear a lot of people saying Johnny isn't ready and needs at least a year. I firmly believe whomever the Browns drafted at QB was going to sit the entire year (it isn't safe to start a rookie and when you have a defensive minded HC they always play it safe on offense).

Grossman was brought in and knows the system. They will sit Manziel so he can "learn" and "mature". They wanted to draft a QB weren't sure on which one so Haslam broke the tie.

I can see Shannahan and Loggins wanting Manziel but Pettine wanting Hoyer/Grossman because it is the "safer" bet. They are NFL Vets and have experience. Pettine is more old school and believes experience trumps all including potential.

Manziel gets a red-shirt year. Any QB we would have drafted would have gotten a red-shirt year under Pettine.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

I don't think he will be that bad. With some continuity and rhythm, I think he will improve slightly. Only average, but still decent enough to not lose games for us if the D plays well.

I think our WR's are screwed and defenses will be loading the box and not fearing the deep pass at all. The offense is just plain garbage

dude is wilting so hard under pressure

we go from hearing how scrappy, how hard working, how vet hoyer is. how intelligent he is. how far ahead he is.

fast forward a month

"well, he's basically a rookie"

dude caught MIN and CIN by surprise last year. he's fumbling away his opportunity here, and somehow held on. he's awful. he's not a starting QB in this league.

If he is even average, I will eat my crow and wear a brian hoyer sig as long as he is the starting qb of the cleveland browns.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

Sure I can. I hear a lot of people saying Johnny isn't ready and needs at least a year. I firmly believe whomever the Browns drafted at QB was going to sit the entire year (it isn't safe to start a rookie and when you have a defensive minded HC they always play it safe on offense).

Grossman was brought in and knows the system. They will sit Manziel so he can "learn" and "mature". They wanted to draft a QB weren't sure on which one so Haslam broke the tie.

I can see Shannahan and Loggins wanting Manziel but Pettine wanting Hoyer/Grossman because it is the "safer" bet. They are NFL Vets and have experience. Pettine is more old school and believes experience trumps all including potential.

Manziel gets a red-shirt year. Any QB we would have drafted would have gotten a red-shirt year under Pettine.

So why even have a competition and hurt Hoyer's chances at developing with the ones? I just don't think Pettine would allow Manziel to go with the 1s if his plan all along was to stubbornly sit him the whole year... it doesn't make sense.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

we go from hearing how scrappy, how hard working, how vet hoyer is. how intelligent he is. how far ahead he is.

fast forward a month

dude caught MIN and CIN by surprise last year. he's fumbling away his opportunity here, and somehow held on. he's awful. he's not a starting QB in this league.

If he is even average, I will eat my crow and wear a brian hoyer sig as long as he is the starting qb of the cleveland browns.

I'll say I think he throws more TD's than picks. Barely. I don't think he's good by any stretch, but I think he is competent enough to get us 2 wins in our first 8. I don't think we go 0-8

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

fast forward a month

I'll say I think he throws more TD's than picks. Barely. I don't think he's good by any stretch, but I think he is competent enough to get us 2 wins in our first 8. I don't think we go 0-8

i will bet you on this

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: