Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

team cuts (may save the Jets)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FWJNYC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: team cuts (may save the Jets) Reply with quote

Over the next few weeks the Jets Brass need to be watching teams heavy with Wideouts and corners, to be ready to pounce on them when they are cut. I have been watching a lot of these preseason games and some teams 5th and 6th recievers are better than all our recievers not named Decker.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely doubt that there is a 5th receiver that is better than Jeremy Kerley.
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I sincerely doubt that there is a 5th receiver that is better than Jeremy Kerley.

Agreed, Kerley and Decker are solid for us what we need to find is on the other side opposite Decker ... Which I doubt we're gonna luck into.

I'd say corner is a much bigger need for us though.

Wish we had made a real run at Hakeem Nicks now he looks like his old self now.
MP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id watch the battle in Colts camp. They could have to make a cut between Moncrief/Rogers/Whalen. Id love the chance at Rogers, most on this board have liked him since the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers would be a nice pickup.

at CB i haven't heard much talk. a while ago there was talk about Jonathan Joseph getting the ax, but i think he'll be sticking around there too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB is the only position I'm looking at for cuts. I think we'll be fine every where else. If none of the other CBs don't show anything next game, I want to go after one of the Packers CBs.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see us adding a CB based on Milliners health. But it would have to be a pretty good talent at WR for us to bring someone in.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard any good CBs on the roster bubble, but Mario Manningham is name to keep an eye on at WR snd Brandon Graham at OLB. Possible camp cuts.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should look for help at cb and on the offensive line. Winters looked pretty bad in the two preseason games and I'm not sold on Giacomini and Aboushi yet. Makes me wish we still had Slauson and Howard, lol.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
Id watch the battle in Colts camp. They could have to make a cut between Moncrief/Rogers/Whalen. Id love the chance at Rogers, most on this board have liked him since the draft.

They're obviously not going to cut Moncrief. I think it's between Rogers and Whalen for the last spot.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heymangold wrote:
Rogers would be a nice pickup.

at CB i haven't heard much talk. a while ago there was talk about Jonathan Joseph getting the ax, but i think he'll be sticking around there too.

No way the Texans cut Joseph. He counts for more against their cap if they cut him so they might as well keep him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

They're obviously not going to cut Moncrief. I think it's between Rogers and Whalen for the last spot.

I wouldn't either but when you consider the following:

- Whalen is Luck's college buddy and offers more to the team in terms of being a possession receiver/returner.
- Rogers keeps scoring touchdowns but is behind Whalen on the DC and doesn't offer any special teams help. However he did end the season on a good note last year.

Hopefully they don't keep six WR's on the 53 because Rogers could be everything we wanted Hill to be for us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
green24 wrote:

I wouldn't either but when you consider the following:

- Whalen is Luck's college buddy and offers more to the team in terms of being a possession receiver/returner.
- Rogers keeps scoring touchdowns but is behind Whalen on the DC and doesn't offer any special teams help. However he did end the season on a good note last year.

Hopefully they don't keep six WR's on the 53 because Rogers could be everything we wanted Hill to be for us.

Moncrief is already listed as their #4 WR. He started for them this weekend. They'd cut Hakeem Nicks before they'd cut him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: