Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sturm on The Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Even with all of this being said, there's no way this defense can be worst than last year's record setting one. The coaches who were responsible get fired and the new ones usually turn it around. If this defense doesn't and matches last season, it will be some kind of NFL record.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. But for the purposes of discussion let us know why you think the Boys defense won't be as bad?

I see a horrible DLine that won't be able to rush the passer or defend the run.

I see what could be one of, if not the worst group of LB's in the league.

With a front seven this bad, the secondary can't help but suffer.

We might be nitpicking at the end of the year as we evaluate statistical categories that measure defenses and maybe they won't measure as bad as last year. But I think it's going to be an ugly year.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by week 9 Dallas should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-4 wins, with a Thanksgiving game vs Philly and an 0 for Decemember staring them in the face.
Great time for all those wanting to go back to the 3-4 defense to start posting their coaching wish lists.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Well, by week 9 Dallas should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-4 wins, with a Thanksgiving game vs Philly and an 0 for Decemember staring them in the face.
Great time for all those wanting to go back to the 3-4 defense to start posting their coaching wish lists.

This is the issue. If we tank this season like some of us think will Jerry pull the plug on Garrett?
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

This is the issue. If we tank this season like some of us think will Jerry pull the plug on Garrett?

Has too. Four seasons of no improvement should get anyone fired. It's too bad too. I think Garrett is an excellent personnel guy.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Northland wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Has too. Four seasons of no improvement should get anyone fired. It's too bad too. I think Garrett is an excellent personnel guy.

So long as we don't bottom out like you're predicting...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/8/20/6049665/3-2-billion-worth-dallas-cowboys-jason-garrett-jerry-jones-highest-nfl

^^^Deadpulse
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the hate on the defense is not overblown, but a waste of energy. Sure, they'll be terrible. But the way the NFL is putting offense in the forefront, I feel like we'll see a record in points scored across the board, and the new way to win football games is to score points. This team can do that, and as long as they can put up points against other teams they'll be in every game.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: