Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A sign the torch is (at least) being passed....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BEHOLD...in all his wonder.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2167594-johnny-manziel-gives-the-redskins-bench-the-finger?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Laughing Laughing

Hopefully he gets bounced from the Browns and into our arms, a la Favre.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Yeah...I'm sorry, but Manziel looks nothing like a franchise QB. Laughing

peyton manning didn't look like a franchise qb his rookie year, neither did Troy Aikman, neither did john elway or Brett Favre. And it doesn't help when his WRs drop a ton of balls. He still moved the ball far better than Hoyer.

CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I am so happy we didn't draft this kid. Can you imagine the circus that would be going in in Big D rigt now. If JFF wants his football money to last he better tone it down a notch. Otherwise he'll be back at mom and dads house, broke, and looking for an Arena League tryout before his rookie contract is over.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
I STILL maintain we should have draft Manziel. I'm looking forward to watching him play tonight. This is one scenario where I kinda wish Jerry would have been Jerry.

For several years now, you've been bishing about us not addressing the o-line. We go all in and now have one of the better, young, talented lines in the league. Instead of being happy with the o-line commitment, you wish we'd drafted a guy who wouldn't even play for a few years, barring injury to Romo. Not only that, but Manziel is guy whose style of play will likely see him getting hurt early and often. There truly is no pleasing some people.

I would have loved to get Trai Turner in the third round and Manziel in the first. This may be a surprise to anybody who only follows the Cowboys organization... but it is actually possible to draft quality OLmen outside the first round. Teams actually do it. Seriously.

And, a franchise QB trumps all. Romo's days are numbered due to age, injury history and expense. Manziel would put Dallas in a good position for the next 10 years. I think it was a mistake passing him up... especially for a team that needs to focus on rebuilding.

Yes, it would be nice if our team could find quality o-linemen in any round. But if a top talent, like Martin falls to you, you take him.

Yes, a franchise QB usually does trump all. What's that got to do with Manziel? Oh, wait. Are you one of those poor misguided souls who, for some reason, thinks Manziel is a franchise QB? Other than running for his life at the first sign of pressure, throwing jump balls to a very talented WR and being a huge distraction with his immature antics, I really don't see what Manziel brings to the table.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
I STILL maintain we should have draft Manziel. I'm looking forward to watching him play tonight. This is one scenario where I kinda wish Jerry would have been Jerry.

For several years now, you've been bishing about us not addressing the o-line. We go all in and now have one of the better, young, talented lines in the league. Instead of being happy with the o-line commitment, you wish we'd drafted a guy who wouldn't even play for a few years, barring injury to Romo. Not only that, but Manziel is guy whose style of play will likely see him getting hurt early and often. There truly is no pleasing some people.

I would have loved to get Trai Turner in the third round and Manziel in the first. This may be a surprise to anybody who only follows the Cowboys organization... but it is actually possible to draft quality OLmen outside the first round. Teams actually do it. Seriously.

And, a franchise QB trumps all. Romo's days are numbered due to age, injury history and expense. Manziel would put Dallas in a good position for the next 10 years. I think it was a mistake passing him up... especially for a team that needs to focus on rebuilding.

Yes, it would be nice if our team could find quality o-linemen in any round. But if a top talent, like Martin falls to you, you take him.

Yes, a franchise QB usually does trump all. What's that got to do with Manziel? Oh, wait. Are you one of those poor misguided souls who, for some reason, thinks Manziel is a franchise QB? Other than running for his life at the first sign of pressure, throwing jump balls to a very talented WR and being a huge distraction with his immature antics, I really don't see what Manziel brings to the table.

Wasn't a fan of Manziel from the beginning and it's water under the bridge at this point, but he does have an "it" factor that does make him somewhat intriguing. I've never heard anything outside of him being highly competitive to the point of OCD and having a very good work ethic on the field. And, while the immaturity is a sticky point, it's not something he couldn't overcome given time. Hell, Joe Namath was doing what Manziel does before he was even a gleam in his daddy's eye.

That said, Dallas wanted/wants a 1st rd QB, I'd have taken my chances with Bridgewater or the likes of Mariota/Hundley/Winston in '15 draft.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

I'm guessing his play and his antics didn't live up to the hype. Slam, we're friends, but you need to get off that horse before it runs off a cliff and carries you with it. Manziel is a disaster waiting to happen.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Wasn't a fan of Manziel from the beginning and it's water under the bridge at this point, but he does have an "it" factor that does make him somewhat intriguing. I've never heard anything outside of him being highly competitive to the point of OCD and having a very good work ethic on the field. And, while the immaturity is a sticky point, it's not something he couldn't overcome given time. Hell, Joe Namath was doing what Manziel does before he was even a gleam in his daddy's eye.

That said, Dallas wanted/wants a 1st rd QB, I'd have taken my chances with Bridgewater or the likes of Mariota/Hundley/Winston in '15 draft.

"It" factors don't mean squat if you lack the ability to play the game based on the way the NFL is structured compared to a gimmick system played in college. Just ask Vince Young, Tim Tebow, and any QB who came from the University of Oregon.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

"It" factors don't mean squat if you lack the ability to play the game based on the way the NFL is structured compared to a gimmick system played in college. Just ask Vince Young, Tim Tebow, and any QB who came from the University of Oregon.

Meh. It's just not the same anymore. Newton came from a Mahlzan(sp) offense. Nobody expected him to work out, myself included. Krapernick came from a pistol offense and has done pretty well. And, that gimmicky offense of Chip Kelly's has done pretty well so far in the NFL too. And, the game is becoming more and more geared towards offense and letting them pretty well do whatever they want. So I figure we'll be seeing more of those "gimmicky" offenses.

Times they is a changin'.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Yeah...I'm sorry, but Manziel looks nothing like a franchise QB. Laughing

peyton manning didn't look like a franchise qb his rookie year, neither did Troy Aikman, neither did john elway or Brett Favre. And it doesn't help when his WRs drop a ton of balls. He still moved the ball far better than Hoyer.

Thanks to a ton of penalties on the Redskins. the corner got a holding penalty and the bench got a personal foul on the same play. Neither QB has looked good. If I were the Browns, I'd start Hoyer. At least if you lose those first three it gets blamed on Hoyer, and then you can bring in Manziel and give him two weeks to prepare for the Titans.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Johnny...

https://vine.co/v/M3twMiMuO1h

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Immature antics? He flipped off the redskins!!! I couldn't be prouder of the kid. I hope he flips off the Eagles and Giants too when he plays them. Nothing but respect for actually doing what every cowboy fan is thinking every time he sees that burgundy and gold.

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I'm guessing his play and his antics didn't live up to the hype. Slam, we're friends, but you need to get off that horse before it runs off a cliff and carries you with it. Manziel is a disaster waiting to happen.

He may never be successful in Cleveland but that a Cleveland issue. That doesn't change the fact that his intangibles give the organization it's best chance to succeed than they've had over the past 2 decades.

The bigger question is why haven't you posted in the DCRA league thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: