Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Relocation Thread - where Stan Kroenke happens!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst part is freaking CBS will probably only show Charger games here now. Oakland out draws these teams every week. Its dumb man. Real dumb.

They have the same color scheme for crying out loud!

Donald Penn watched practice tape of Mack getting inches from ground & beating him for sack, then looked at Tice. Tice: Ive got nothing.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Worst part is freaking CBS will probably only show Charger games here now. Oakland out draws these teams every week. Its dumb man. Real dumb.

They have the same color scheme for crying out loud!

If they do end up going to La that is something that I hadn't thought of. They can just stick with the blue and yellow. Thou they are different shades it should help with marketing and design.

~This is the year of "win close". Next year is "win big".
~IMO Reggie has a plan for how much he can spend. The 2-4 FA who sign may surprise us but they will make sense once we draft.
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000756977/article/goodell-no-acceptable-solutions-for-raiders-chargers

Looks like it's over for Oakland.

Must have been a terrible proposal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000756977/article/goodell-no-acceptable-solutions-for-raiders-chargers

Looks like it's over for Oakland.

Must have been a terrible proposal.

There is no money in Oakland to convince voters to approve going into further debt the police had deep layoffs a few years ago the proposal most likely required a portion of ownership to be handed over also which Davis will never do here or in Vegas, Both deals may in fact fall through just for that alone.
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots, Cowboys ready to support Raiders move to Las Vegas

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/patriots-cowboys-ready-to-support-raiders-move-to-las-vegas/

If Jerry Jones is on board its a done deal. Shocked

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sin City Raiders. Let's just do this already and not [inappropriate/removed] around for another couple years.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Raiders may go to Las Vegas without Sheldon Adelson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/yes-the-raiders-may-go-to-las-vegas-without-sheldon-adelson/

Quote:
It may ultimately be multiple persons who replace Adelson with a significant private contribution toward the $2 billion venue. Nevada has passed legislation that will contribute $750 million in public money to the structure.

With no viable stadium proposal in Oakland, a move to Las Vegas is becoming more and more likely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know when a decision will be made?
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the UK, so the actual physical location of the stadium has no direct impact on me as being thousands of miles away I cannot justify a season ticket anyway.

However, I think what the decision makers might fail to understand is that Oakland is part of the brand (not just Raiders). The terms Oakland and Raiders are kind of inseparable, and the NFL will LOSE a lot of their intangible brand asset by moving the Raiders to another city and while this is true of any franchise, I think it is particularly true of the old storied franchises such as ours.

It is kind of like seeing a schedule with:
Green Bay Dolphins @ Miami Texans
San Diego Vikings @ New York 49ers
Pittsburgh Cowboys @ Kansas City Browns
Dallas Bengals @ Cleveland Jaguars

You get the point, all of these match ups seem very wrong and for me at least provide a perceived lack of value as all of that history and tradition has been trampled all over by not having the right franchise in the right city.

Of course Economics will be wheeled out as why this has to happen, what Las Vegas can supply that Oakland can't (fiscally speaking) but remember the NFL doesn't exist solely to promote the misty-eyed legacy of the game, it is big business and I don't doubt that they could afford to maintain their stadia to a high standard (in the right locations) if they so chose without the need to burden the taxpayer.

But what do I know, I am just a fan!
CerealKiller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart of Oak wrote:
I live in the UK, so the actual physical location of the stadium has no direct impact on me as being thousands of miles away I cannot justify a season ticket anyway.

However, I think what the decision makers might fail to understand is that Oakland is part of the brand (not just Raiders). The terms Oakland and Raiders are kind of inseparable, and the NFL will LOSE a lot of their intangible brand asset by moving the Raiders to another city and while this is true of any franchise, I think it is particularly true of the old storied franchises such as ours.

You get the point, all of these match ups seem very wrong and for me at least provide a perceived lack of value as all of that history and tradition has been trampled all over by not having the right franchise in the right city.

Of course Economics will be wheeled out as why this has to happen, what Las Vegas can supply that Oakland can't (fiscally speaking) but remember the NFL doesn't exist solely to promote the misty-eyed legacy of the game, it is big business and I don't doubt that they could afford to maintain their stadia to a high standard (in the right locations) if they so chose without the need to burden the taxpayer.

I like the sound of the Kansas City Browns Very Happy
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CerealKiller wrote:
Heart of Oak wrote:

I like the sound of the Kansas City Browns Very Happy

Haha. I was particularly proud of the Green Bay Dolphins - I bet it is so cold they don't even have Dolphins in aquariums! Smile
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First domino to fall will be the chargers decision on Tuesday. It's around that point I expect the Raiders to file for relocation
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Las Vegas might be NFL haven LA was not

Me when reading this headline Boo hoo! Applause Dancing Laughing

Raiders not going to LA was a disaster from the start.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99
Page 99 of 99

Jump to: