Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2 - Titans @ Saints - Fear The McCown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Baby MOSS!!!

Very Happy

Looks like I'll have to start coming here again. Been a while since those 8 weeks in 2010. Wink

Ah those 8 weeks should have been magic Laughing

and looks that way. If Locker stays up then we may have the "Next Big Thing" Wink

If they all stay healthy, Titans could challenge for a top 5 passing game.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Baby MOSS!!!

Very Happy

Looks like I'll have to start coming here again. Been a while since those 8 weeks in 2010. Wink

Ah those 8 weeks should have been magic Laughing

and looks that way. If Locker stays up then we may have the "Next Big Thing" Wink

If they all stay healthy, Titans could challenge for a top 5 passing game.

Laughing You're pushing it. That would require Locker to throw for over 4000 yards. Yea that's not happening. Even healthy for a full year, he'll never throw for 4000+. He's not that type of QB and the offense will be centered more around shorter passes and using the run game A LOT. I think Lockers ceiling is probably around 3500 and I'm completely fine with that. If Mett was the QB, I'd probably agree as he's the type if QB who pushes the ball more downfield.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the Saints game again and figured I'd bring up a couple of guys that I don't hear much about that I've been impressed with.

Marqueston Huff- I'd really like to see him get some reps at corner this year. So far this preseason he's made some good plays. I definitely don't see him as a guy that's going to get burned a lot with his speed either.

Isaiah Williams- He's made some good catches late in the last two games, so I'm going to be keeping an eye on him going forward. He could be a good practice squad candidate if he can't get the 5th WR spot which I see as a pretty wide open race with Mariani's unfortunate struggles so far.

Chase Coffman- He just keeps making plays every week. Dude has been catching everything thrown his way and getting great separation. I doubt we'd be able to keep a 4th TE, but I have been impressed by him.

Question: Where the heck has Craig Stevens been this preseason? Has he even played? I figure it might be a case of the coaching staff just wanting to get Taylor Thompson as many reps as possible, but I'd like to see Craig Stevens get in on some of this action in the passing game as well.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Just watched the Saints game again and figured I'd bring up a couple of guys that I don't hear much about that I've been impressed with.

Marqueston Huff- I'd really like to see him get some reps at corner this year. So far this preseason he's made some good plays. I definitely don't see him as a guy that's going to get burned a lot with his speed either.

Isaiah Williams- He's made some good catches late in the last two games, so I'm going to be keeping an eye on him going forward. He could be a good practice squad candidate if he can't get the 5th WR spot which I see as a pretty wide open race with Mariani's unfortunate struggles so far.

Chase Coffman- He just keeps making plays every week. Dude has been catching everything thrown his way and getting great separation. I doubt we'd be able to keep a 4th TE, but I have been impressed by him.

Question: Where the heck has Craig Stevens been this preseason? Has he even played? I figure it might be a case of the coaching staff just wanting to get Taylor Thompson as many reps as possible, but I'd like to see Craig Stevens get in on some of this action in the passing game as well.

I agree 100% with all of this, even down to the question about Stevens.
I haven't seen too much of Huff, but what I DID see of him was pretty solid.
Chase Coffman has been pretty impressive to me. If he continues to play like that, he should be added to the roster as a 4th TE IMO.
I've seen a couple of nice plays out of Isaiah Williams and would really like to see him get more playing time this week to get a real feel for him.
Huff, Coffman and Williams could be sleeper talent that would fit in nicely for us as depth players.

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another guy playing some solid football for us, and one of the few depth players doing so, is Daimion Stafford. Could be who we use to replace Bernard Pollard in a couple years if he continues this path of improvement.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 1 Game/2 INTs/35.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
2014 Stats - 1 Game/2 QB Hurries Allowed/7.0 YPC When ran behind
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Another guy playing some solid football for us, and one of the few depth players doing so, is Daimion Stafford. Could be who we use to replace Bernard Pollard in a couple years if he continues this path of improvement.

I could see Stafford getting some snaps this season. Horton likes to run some packages with three safeties. I could see him playing in those packages on running downs. Guy knows how to hit.
Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: