Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2 - Titans @ Saints - Fear The McCown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I liked the defense minus the pass coverage. The run defense was better and the pass rush was visible. I can see how Casey will rack up similar numbers if situation presents. He was getting by his blocker with ease. Flushed McNown out the pocket once and didn't seem like the OG barely got a hand on him.

The Starting LBs don't seem to be a weakness. We have pretty good depth.

Greene, I'm not really liking as our starting RB. He is slow. There were some holes that if we had a younger quicker back, would have gone for 20 instead of 4.

I like the offense. It doesn't look like last year. It appears we actually have competent play caller on the sidelines. Using Taylor Thompson and just using everyone. Not wasting the talents of the players.

Looking forward to the season. I think we are going to be pretty good on Offense and Defense won't be terrible, if we get the coverage issues fixed.

Agreed, D is better than what is being said about it for the most part. Secondary depth is undoubtedly a worry, but I like how we look outside of that. Think BWW can be a solid #2 when we give him the chance, and Sensabaugh worked fine as a slot guy last year so we should be okay. Just allow Griffin to play over the top of BWW/Sensabaugh like we did for Verner and we'll be ok.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone wondering, some FA corners available:
Asante Samuel
Jabari Greer
Chris Houston
Dunta Robinson
Eric Wright
Quentin Jammer

Sooooo, if we were to make a move it will probably be after some people get released Laughing

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 82 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Asante Samuel
Jabari Greer
Chris Houston
Dunta Robinson
Eric Wright
Quentin Jammer

Sooooo, if we were to make a move it will probably be after some people get released Laughing

Greer was having a solid enough season last year until his injury. Depending on how well he's rehabbed, wouldn't be a bad guy to look at for depth.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Asante Samuel
Jabari Greer
Chris Houston
Dunta Robinson
Eric Wright
Quentin Jammer

Greer was having a solid enough season last year until his injury. Depending on how well he's rehabbed, wouldn't be a bad guy to look at for depth.

Even if he was still hurt, couldn't be much worse than Tommie Campbell or any other corner vying for that spot. Laughing

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 82 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a room you two Twisted Evil

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Zach-Mettenberger-Returns-to-Louisiana/9fee852c-36fc-41d4-aca3-3cbf55ef8e93

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the turnovers, I liked what I saw from the offense. The passing game looked good. Both Locker and Mettenberger looked sharp, and Hunter definitely showed everybody that he's not "just another guy". If Locker stays healthy, I think he'll have his new contract ready and waiting when it's over. And I like how the TEs are playing bigger roles in the passing game. It's actually making Taylor Thompson relevant at the position, and I basically wrote him off as a bust. If Marc Mariani gets cut, he'll be one of the last players to go. The way I see it, he holds the 5th WR spot, and I don't see a true clear-cut winner to push him out. Since I seriously doubt that a #5 receiver will get whole lot of PT in the offense during the season anyway, his return skills and special teams play should still give him the edge over the others.

For the second straight week Shonn Greene looked solid in the run game. I guess his knee is feeling better, but he might wanna start duck-taping that ball to his hands next time. McCluster is definitely the X-factor in both the run and passing game. Made some nice grabs, and runs with a chip on his shoulder. Next week, I really want to see Bishop Sankey play with the first team. I need to see what he can do behind the starting O-line, and see him in the mix with Wright, Hunter and Walker.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty good about our offense. To me, everybody seem comfortable and confident, and executing well. The defense is still a work-in-progress. I'm not sweating anything with them right now. After 3 seasons of Jerry Gray's "Cover 0" system, almost anything is an improvement. They're in a new system trying to work out the kinks, so I really don't expect a lot from them just yet.

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we should have gone CB in the first... even if it meant "reaching" for a guy if a trade back partner wasn't available.

There's obviously reasons why those FA CBs are still FAs, but I haven't really kept up... what's up with them, just a simple drop off in game (age)? Some very big former names... namely Robinson and Jammer (not Samuel, cuz I do know what happened to him)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I liked and didn't:

Liked:

Locker and Mettenberger- both solid. Both made some great throws but both had some bad ones. Locker did not throw a pick but he was throwing behind at times and too high other times. He almost got Wright killed. He needs to still get better at not throwing so high.

Derrick Morgan - not very noticeable but in his case that is a good thing. In coverage he is not looking half bad and not like a fish out of water. He gives lots of hustle and I am pleasantly surprised with him.

Hunter - Beast mode, receivers looking solid overall.

Run game - still gelling but I like our combo of backs.

Thompson - starting to catch the ball more consistently and is getting open.

Woodyard - I like him in the middle he seems to be doing a solid job.

Travis Coons - making two nice long field goals in a row. Not sure why the complaint on him is power. He can make a 50 yarder in this league that is good enough for me. Bonani better kick rocks as I think Coons should get the job.

Entire Oline - in general looking very promising

Didn't like:

Defense looks tentative at times. Not liking how they start the games. Where is the pass rush really? Casey also not standing out like before.

CBs - not looking promising though I think BWW on the outside and Sensabaugh in slot will be better for us.

Delanie Walker - catch the damn football this is getting concerning. I like the guy as a player and leader but he has had a bad case of the drops and for our #1 TE he needs to clean this up and fast.

Really did not like:

Akeem Ayers - Can I call him a bust yet? Guy does nothing can't even beat backups. Brutal effort looks lackadaisical out there. He will not be a starter and he does not deserve to be. Brutal.

Now this is just preseason. Horton could be not wanting to show anything so the D is looking worse but it is still concerning.

1) OLB Kamerion Wimbley
2) T Michael Oher
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when we thought we had hit gold with McCarthy, Brown, and Ayers as our LB corp moving forward?

McCarthy has probably played his last snap in a Titan uniform and has looked bad since his rookie year. Brown had a big dropoff from his rookie campaign and Ayers...well...

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously can't believe Travis Coons is our kicker... I've known the dude for like 8 years. I remember when he first started to be a kicker in high school. Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Remember when we thought we had hit gold with McCarthy, Brown, and Ayers as our LB corp moving forward?

McCarthy has probably played his last snap in a Titan uniform and has looked bad since his rookie year. Brown had a big dropoff from his rookie campaign and Ayers...well...

Yep...so frustrating. Thought we were on our way to having cornerstones at LB for the next 5-10 years.

I think Brown still has a shot to pan out, but the other two are done.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Ayers is a bust and gone. i think he can be a productive player. He isn't a cornerstone right now. I'll give him at least one good season with a competent staff and in a scheme suited for him, before I write him off.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
Baby MOSS!!!

Very Happy

Looks like I'll have to start coming here again. Been a while since those 8 weeks in 2010. Wink
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Baby MOSS!!!

Very Happy

Looks like I'll have to start coming here again. Been a while since those 8 weeks in 2010. Wink

Ah those 8 weeks should have been magic Laughing

and looks that way. If Locker stays up then we may have the "Next Big Thing" Wink

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
VYoung10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Baby MOSS!!!

Very Happy

Ah those 8 weeks should have been magic Laughing

and looks that way. If Locker stays up then we may have the "Next Big Thing" Wink

Don't feed him. lol

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: