Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2 - Titans @ Saints - Fear The McCown
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Preseason Week 2 - Titans @ Saints - Fear The McCown Reply with quote

Because Drew Brees is apparently doubtful - http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/135495/brees-does-more-seems-doubtful-for-friday

I thought we'd get decent tests for our pass D with a lineup of Rodgers-Brees-Ryan to start the pre-season, but I guess not. Laughing

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 3 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/54.2 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
2014 Stats - 3 Games/5 QB Hurries Allowed/6.0 YPC When ran behind
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally thought this game was on Saturday, so I'm excited that we get to see our boys a day early this week. Laughing

A few things I'll be looking for:

1. Can Jake and the offense get rolling in this game? It'll be in a dome, so really there's no reason that Jake and the receivers shouldn't be able to get in a good rhythm early on.

2. In that same vein, can the defense get off to a solid start in this game? This was one of our biggest Achilles heels last year where our defense wouldn't wake up until the second or third series of a game. We need to get off to a strong start there this week.

3. Can our kicking game get itself sorted out? One of my biggest concerns about our team this year is if we are going to have a reliable kicker. It sounds like Coons is going to get his shot to take the lead this week. We'll see what he does with. If he struggles I think we better get on the phone with a veteran, because this is not a position I want us to mess around with.

4. Who is going to take that 5th WR spot? Right now, Robiskie seems to have the advantage, because he made a big play when the lights were on bright. Mariani dropped too many passes last week, and he's going to have to really show out in this game, and the rest of the preseason if he wants a shot here.

Overall, I'm looking for a much more refined game out of our team with weather not being a factor (though that should never be an excuse for sloppy play) I think our passing game will have a great opportunity to get rolling, and I'm really excited to see how things start shaping out with these position battles.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see what we couldn't see last week which is can Locker start looking like the QB we need him to be. Where in a dome 2 weeks in a row so no weather excuses. I also want to see Bree's test BWW an Sensabaugh I hope they both do good but they need to be tested. And it's not fun watching beacause I'm not excited for either kicker but I want to start seeing some touchbacks on kickoffs an i want to see a few long attempts particularly from Coons but so far Coons over Bonani let's see what game 2 has in store for them

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
Justin615$

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
I want to see what we couldn't see last week which is can Locker start looking like the QB we need him to be. Where in a dome 2 weeks in a row so no weather excuses. I also want to see Bree's test BWW an Sensabaugh I hope they both do good but they need to be tested. And it's not fun watching beacause I'm not excited for either kicker but I want to start seeing some touchbacks on kickoffs an i want to see a few long attempts particularly from Coons but so far Coons over Bonani let's see what game 2 has in store for them

Bree's is out of the game Laughing

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 23 TKLS, 0 SACKS, 1 INTS, 1 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 5 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I don't get why that's funny i wouldn't know he's not playing but guess well have to wait till Atlanta

Sig by daboyle250

Justin615$

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I don't get why that's funny i wouldn't know he's not playing but guess well have to wait till Atlanta

I was laughing because our starting defense has to play a second string QB AGAIN.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I was laughing because our starting defense has to play a second string QB AGAIN.

Boy is my face I completely missed the doubtful part in the first post u can laugh at me now but ya kind of stinks he's not playing. I know when I first seen the preseason schedule I was excited cuz It seemed like we'd be tested every game Rodgers Brees an Ryan (I never care about the 4th game what a waste) but now well miss another good QB and I know this statement will open up another can of worms maybe should be a bye week discussion or something but the NFL should jus do away with 2 of the games these starts arnt even playing in them anymore but NO still has good backs let's see if our D looks better against Ingram an Thomas compared to Starks. It looked ugly that first drive especially since QB really couldn't throw it cuz of weather an we still couldn't stop him but it was there first snaps ever in a 3-4 in the NFL for a lot of our starters Casey Morgan Ayers Brown McCourty Griffin. Yes I know some played in college but it's been a while I can live wit the mistakes now but better correct it before KC

Sig by daboyle250

Justin615$

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

Boy is my face I completely missed the doubtful part in the first post u can laugh at me now but ya kind of stinks he's not playing. I know when I first seen the preseason schedule I was excited cuz It seemed like we'd be tested every game Rodgers Brees an Ryan (I never care about the 4th game what a waste) but now well miss another good QB and I know this statement will open up another can of worms maybe should be a bye week discussion or something but the NFL should jus do away with 2 of the games these starts arnt even playing in them anymore but NO still has good backs let's see if our D looks better against Ingram an Thomas compared to Starks. It looked ugly that first drive especially since QB really couldn't throw it cuz of weather an we still couldn't stop him but it was there first snaps ever in a 3-4 in the NFL for a lot of our starters Casey Morgan Ayers Brown McCourty Griffin. Yes I know some played in college but it's been a while I can live wit the mistakes now but better correct it before KC

Its all good. And at least we will get Ryan for a half. Something I would like is having three preseason games then a bye before the start of the season. Add 2 more games to the regular season (like they want so bad) and then have another bye somewhere in the regular season as well.

3 preseason games then a bye
18 regular season games with 2 byes

Something like that would probably have to be done for the players to agree to 2 more games IMO.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
VYoung10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gameday Gents!

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping for no injuries today fellas. How has Locker been looking? I have really wanted him to succeed. And strangely enough, being an LSU fan, I am hoping for Mettenberger to get a big shot as wel. How has he been?

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 11 Tkls 1 PD
Ben Watson 3 Rec 14 Yds
-Hope-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Hoping for no injuries today fellas. How has Locker been looking? I have really wanted him to succeed. And strangely enough, being an LSU fan, I am hoping for Mettenberger to get a big shot as wel. How has he been?

Locker's looked good in camp but our first preseason game was in a torrential downpour, so he only threw 2 passes. The weather in the first game pretty much ruined any sort of evaluation we could have had about our passing game, so I think there will be a focus on that against you guys.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a season ticket holder, I'm pissed that they charge us full price for these pre-season crap fests. Was trying to think how they could make them play their starters. What if they made pre-season record the third tie-breaker for the playoffs or something?

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you pay extra money for a preseason package or does it come with season tickets?
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Do you pay extra money for a preseason package or does it come with season tickets?

No, they charge you for 10 games. They make you buy all of them.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crack open the beers boys.

ScarJo from her Maxim shoot

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: