Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hoyer, Picks and Maybe Taylor to Houston?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pruitt3443


Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 475
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article was from May and just because we signed Rex Grossman (hopefully to never do more than hold a clipboard) and he is mentioned in the article, does not make the trade any more likely to happen. Besides the article talks about Hoyer in Houston cultivating the same type of relationship with AJ as he has with Gordon here, which would mean if you want to take the article at face value, AJ would not be coming here in return.

I would rather have Hoyer and Manziel as my QBs with Grossman never playing, than a 33 year old WR while giving up a draft pick and your first or second string QB. Even thinking about adding Taylor to that trade is a bit asinine. If you do not like Taylor you trade him for value, you do not toss him into a trade as an afterthought.

This is the Browns we are talking about which means if history is anything to go by, at least our first two QBs will see some significant playing time while the other one is injured. I do not ever want to see Grossman taking a snap in a Browns uniform in a game that means anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15866
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to much.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BwickBrownie


Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Posts: 1448
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 5m
For anyone who might be interested: Texans won't be trading for Brian Hoyer. I've seen that one making the rounds.


...aaaaand scene.
_________________
'14 ADOPT A BROWN(S)
PAUL KRUGER stats: 15 combined tackles (11 individual), 2 sacks, 1 career revived by Mike Pettine.
TRAVIS BENJAMIN stats: 9 receptions for 148 yards. 3 Touchdowns. Please no more punt returns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fatpig


Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 2365
Location: cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 5m
For anyone who might be interested: Texans won't be trading for Brian Hoyer. I've seen that one making the rounds.


...aaaaand scene.


unless they want Johnny

to that i say

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16859
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 5m
For anyone who might be interested: Texans won't be trading for Brian Hoyer. I've seen that one making the rounds.


...aaaaand scene.


Common sense prevails.
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5038
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 5m
For anyone who might be interested: Texans won't be trading for Brian Hoyer. I've seen that one making the rounds.


...aaaaand scene.


unless they want Johnny

to that i say



What about for Clowney or Watt? Wink
_________________

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 17 tackles, 2 sacks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 8484
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Hoyer would be stupid.

He is no distraction. He is a capable QB. I hope we sign him to a 3-4 year highly paid backup type of deal.

I can't see this organization trading him just cause of some media perception of the locker room being split or fans being split and angry about one guy starting over the other.

If it was a REAL in-house distraction, sure. I haven't heard or seen one thing that leads me to believe it is.

Besides, I still think Hoyer is our starter in week 1.


edit....trading Hoyer for PEANUTS would be stupid. If someone offers is some 2015 2nd, well, sure, why not.

Speaking of Andre, I would LOVE to have Andre here whether Gordon plays or not. Andre is not a typical 33 year old WR. He is a stud right now. A STUD, and at age 35-36 he will probably still be a top 25-30 WR.

If his contract doesnt hurt us too much in 2016 (in case we have to cut him or whatever), then heck yeah.

What, you guys afraid to finally WIN some games??

3rd, Hoyer, Taylor. I would cry about it, but I cant help but think we wouldnt have to give up that much. Andre's "trade value" isnt very high.
_________________
2014 draft prediction:

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BwickBrownie


Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Posts: 1448
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Trading Hoyer would be stupid.

He is no distraction. He is a capable QB. I hope we sign him to a 3-4 year highly paid backup type of deal.

I can't see this organization trading him just cause of some media perception of the locker room being split or fans being split and angry about one guy starting over the other.

If it was a REAL in-house distraction, sure. I haven't heard or seen one thing that leads me to believe it is.

Besides, I still think Hoyer is our starter in week 1.


edit....trading Hoyer for PEANUTS would be stupid. If someone offers is some 2015 2nd, well, sure, why not.

Speaking of Andre, I would LOVE to have Andre here whether Gordon plays or not. Andre is not a typical 33 year old WR. He is a stud right now. A STUD, and at age 35-36 he will probably still be a top 25-30 WR.

If his contract doesnt hurt us too much in 2016 (in case we have to cut him or whatever), then heck yeah.

What, you guys afraid to finally WIN some games??

3rd, Hoyer, Taylor. I would cry about it, but I cant help but think we wouldnt have to give up that much. Andre's "trade value" isnt very high.


A post mentioning "Andre" and peanuts reminds me of this...


_________________
'14 ADOPT A BROWN(S)
PAUL KRUGER stats: 15 combined tackles (11 individual), 2 sacks, 1 career revived by Mike Pettine.
TRAVIS BENJAMIN stats: 9 receptions for 148 yards. 3 Touchdowns. Please no more punt returns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tully305


Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Posts: 1796
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:


A post mentioning "Andre" and peanuts reminds me of this...



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBrownsman


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 506
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a few people mention it being a one year rental of Andre Johnson.
Johnson's contract runs through 2016 so we would have him for 3 years.

Also i don't know where Taylor came from but i would certainly be willing to trade Ruben. I honestly think he wont be on the team after this year with Winn, and Bryant, and Hughes sitting behind him.

Hoyer + 3rd rounder (our 4th pick) + 1 year of Ruben for 3 years of Andrew Johnson?

Yes Please.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12291
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBrownsman wrote:
I've heard a few people mention it being a one year rental of Andre Johnson.
Johnson's contract runs through 2016 so we would have him for 3 years.

Also i don't know where Taylor came from but i would certainly be willing to trade Ruben. I honestly think he wont be on the team after this year with Winn, and Bryant, and Hughes sitting behind him.

Hoyer + 3rd rounder (our 4th pick) + 1 year of Ruben for 3 years of Andrew Johnson?

Yes Please.






his YAC ability is pretty impressive
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stroh7944


Joined: 04 Apr 2014
Posts: 27
Location: Hermitage pa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Hoyer and a fourth, third at the most but not a player also. But AJ is still a top 5 reciever and probably will be for another 2 years, but the reason I like the idea is so he could mentor josh Gordon!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stroh7944


Joined: 04 Apr 2014
Posts: 27
Location: Hermitage pa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Hoyer and a fourth, third at the most but not a player also. But AJ is still a top 5 reciever and probably will be for another 2 years, but the reason I like the idea is so he could mentor josh Gordon!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TRAIL'S END#307


Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 73
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? How about we keep who we have! I don't want AJ. I just don't understand WHY? AJ wants a ring! Do you guys think we are that close?
Go Browns!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freakygeniuskid


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 5430
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
Why? How about we keep who we have! I don't want AJ. I just don't understand WHY? AJ wants a ring! Do you guys think we are that close?


No, we aren't. But we could (theoretically) be a tough out in the playoffs with some more WR talent (Gordon not getting the full year, Andre Johnson, etc.) and decent QB play from either Hoyer or Manziel.

Stroh7944 wrote:
Maybe Hoyer and a fourth, third at the most but not a player also. But AJ is still a top 5 reciever and probably will be for another 2 years, but the reason I like the idea is so he could mentor josh Gordon!!!


Disagree with the bolded statement. I would give him top 15 but I think he'd struggle to be top ten in my books at this stage in his career (Megatron, D Thomas, Bryant, Marshall, J Nelson, Julio, Alshon, Green, Brown all off the top of my head). And I think the idea of specific position players mentoring others at their positions is overrated. I'd love it if it happened but I don't see it very often.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group