Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scandrick suspended first four games for PEDs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28401
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Boyz wrote:
ForgiveThe Caps Part Of Me Hopes Romo Hurts His Back And We Just Tank. With This Defense 8 Wins Would Be Like Winning The superbowl


We basically won eight games last year with one of the worst defenses in the league.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Da Boyz


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 3768
Location: Waldorf, MD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Da Boyz wrote:
ForgiveThe Caps Part Of Me Hopes Romo Hurts His Back And We Just Tank. With This Defense 8 Wins Would Be Like Winning The superbowl


We basically won eight games last year with one of the worst defenses in the league.


Right. And We Could Be In Worse Shape. Hell Of A Job By The Offense To Keep Us Afloat.

Maybe Something HappeNs And They Click And Can Improve. The Personnel Isnt Better Though And Already Injuries And A Suspension.


This Cell Phone Is awful
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28401
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Boyz wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Da Boyz wrote:
ForgiveThe Caps Part Of Me Hopes Romo Hurts His Back And We Just Tank. With This Defense 8 Wins Would Be Like Winning The superbowl


We basically won eight games last year with one of the worst defenses in the league.


Right. And We Could Be In Worse Shape. Hell Of A Job By The Offense To Keep Us Afloat.

Maybe Something HappeNs And They Click And Can Improve. The Personnel Isnt Better Though And Already Injuries And A Suspension.


This Cell Phone Is awful


Well...let's look at the personnel, shall we?

2013 Defense:

LDE - George Selvie | Caesar Rayford | Everette Brown
1-tech - Nick Hayden | Corey Irvin | Frank Kearse
3-tech - Jason Hatcher | Jarius Wynn | Drake Nevis
RDE - DeMarcus Ware | Martez Wilson
SLB - Kyle Wilber | DeVonte Holloman
MLB - Justin Durant | Orie Lemon | Kyle Bosworth
WLB - Bruce Carter/Ernie Sims
CB - Brandon Carr | Sterling Moore
FS - Barry Church | Jakar Hamilton
SS - Jeff Heath/J.J. Wilcox
CB - Orlando Scandrick | B.W. Webb

IR: Tyrone Crawford, Anthony Spencer, Ben Bass, Jay Ratliff, Sean Lee for the last few weeks of the season, Claiborne off and on all year

Ware was of course injured for just about every single game last year, so even though he was on the roster - he wasn't exactly effective or anywhere up to the ability we usually expected from him. Hatcher had his best season in his entire career - in a contract year, no less. And of course we had umpteen different players start on the DL with Selvie and Hatcher being the only real mainstays all year, and we still gave up the 2nd most points allowed in NFL history and the most ever in team history.

2014 Defense:
LDE: Tyrone Crawford | Anthony Spencer | Ben Gardner
1-tech: Terrell McClain | Ken Bishop
3-tech: Henry Melton | Ben Bass | Davon Coleman
RDE: George Selvie | DeMarcus Lawrence | Jeremy Mincey
SLB: Kyle Wilber | Justin Durant
MLB: Rolando McClain | Anthony Hitchens | DeVonte Holloman
WLB: Bruce Carter | Will Smith
CB: Brandon Carr | Orlando Scandrick | B.W. Webb
FS: Barry Church | Jeff Heath
SS: J.J. Wilcox | Ahmad Dixon
CB: Morris Claiborne | Terrance Mitchell

Positions could change, but ultimately I think our D will look something like the above. Losing Scandrick for the first four games no doubt hurts us, but Moore has shown he can be a reliable player when needed. Wilcox will likely be starting opposite Church this year with a full camp/preseason under his belt and I expect him to take a few lumps here and there but ultimately I think we'll all agree he will be a vast improvement over Jeff Heath.

Losing Ware hurts, no doubt - but while no one player on the DL (sans maybe Melton) will likely have a 10 sack or more season, I think in all with the new additions (Bishop, Coleman, Mincey, Gardner, T. McClain, Lawrence once healthy), getting guys back who were out all year last season (Crawford, Spencer, Bass) in addition to guys like Selvie and maybe even Brent our DL will be good enough to get the job done assuming we don't get hit with any more injuries.

If the DL can do its job, that should help out the LBs and secondary - especially if Claiborne can live up to his abilities and I think R. McClain stepping up to the task and shoring up the middle of the defense will go a long way as well. I'm not saying that we'll go out and dominate opposing offenses or be regarded as one of the better defenses in the league, but in all honesty we don't need to be - all the defense needs to do is keep opposing teams from scoring 30+ points a game on a week-to-week basis and create turnovers to give our explosive offense a chance to do its job. All we really need for that side of the ball is to be average, for the offense to put up the necessary points and hopefully our coaching staff will realize that with a less-than-elite defense that running the football and setting the tone of the game will be critical to overall team success and making any dreams of reaching the postseason a reality.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Da Boyz


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 3768
Location: Waldorf, MD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope so. There is nothing there that says to me, Yes this year will be different. We are still lacking in a lot of areas and already we are missing 3 projected starters/heavy rep guys. I'll go in hopeful and expect them to be better, but when I try to not think like a fan I expect a lot of the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20678
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I guess Ben Bass wasn't as good as (too many) people here thought; we traded him to the Patriots for a CB who probably wasn't going to make their team. That basically tells us all we need to know about the "talents" of Bass.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WareWolf94


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 5517
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Gee, I guess Ben Bass wasn't as good as (too many) people here thought; we traded him to the Patriots for a CB who probably wasn't going to make their team. That basically tells us all we need to know about the "talents" of Bass.


You realize Bill Belichick just traded for this guy right?
_________________


Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7661
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up guys. Just thought I'd contribute a little on the guy you just traded for, CB Justin Green. I thought he was a nice piece to have around.

Bad stuff:
-Mediocre college player who went undrafted
-Looked horrid in his first preseason
-Kind of short
-He was 7th on our depth chart at CB

Good stuff:
-Was a RB who switched to CB in college
-Indications are that he is improving at a fast rate
-Really athletic kid who is strong enough to get a good jam but also has the speed to recover
-Has "that" extra closing gear which corners either have or don't
-He's a special teamer type so he doesn't have to be good now, just has to get groomed

When we played Denver in the regular season, Talib had to come out of the game because of an injury for a little while, and we put Green in instead over Demaryius Thomas. He got targeted once and got a pass defended. I don't think he can play now, but if you guys keep him behind the scenes the way Seattle's Maxwell was developed, when his time comes he can be a player IMO.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10780
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Gee, I guess Ben Bass wasn't as good as (too many) people here thought; we traded him to the Patriots for a CB who probably wasn't going to make their team. That basically tells us all we need to know about the "talents" of Bass.


You realize Bill Belichick just traded for this guy right?


I never got the Ben Bass hype. He never really did anything to impress me. Having said that, Belichick traded for him despite knowing that Bass has missed the last week with a hamstring strain. He must see something in him.
_________________


“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
NoFlyZone


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 2874
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
What's up guys. Just thought I'd contribute a little on the guy you just traded for, CB Justin Green. I thought he was a nice piece to have around.

Bad stuff:
-Mediocre college player who went undrafted
-Looked horrid in his first preseason
-Kind of short
-He was 7th on our depth chart at CB

Good stuff:
-Was a RB who switched to CB in college
-Indications are that he is improving at a fast rate
-Really athletic kid who is strong enough to get a good jam but also has the speed to recover
-Has "that" extra closing gear which corners either have or don't
-He's a special teamer type so he doesn't have to be good now, just has to get groomed

When we played Denver in the regular season, Talib had to come out of the game because of an injury for a little while, and we put Green in instead over Demaryius Thomas. He got targeted once and got a pass defended. I don't think he can play now, but if you guys keep him behind the scenes the way Seattle's Maxwell was developed, when his time comes he can be a player IMO.

Thanks for the info.
_________________

^ made by CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20678
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Gee, I guess Ben Bass wasn't as good as (too many) people here thought; we traded him to the Patriots for a CB who probably wasn't going to make their team. That basically tells us all we need to know about the "talents" of Bass.


You realize Bill Belichick just traded for this guy right?


So? Belichick always makes moves for d-linemen. This trade was nothing more than a waivers-for-waivers swap. Green wasn't going to make the Patriots' roster and Bass wasn't going to make ours, so the net change is zero.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group