Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2: Monday Night Wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Wrestling Footballer?
Dwayne Johnson, DT, Miami
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Bill Goldberg, DT, Georgia
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Lex Luger, DE, Miami
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ron Simmons, DT, FSU
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Horn-"The Rock"-by, QB, BeerU
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
E "The Shockmaster" Z-Failed tryout Punter
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Man I've watched that goal line stand like 5 times. So awesome.

Would have been terrible play calling in the regular season for the Redskins but in preseason I think they did the right thing to just go toe to toe and make us stop their power running game. They lost, which sucks for them but now they know they probably shouldn't rely on that in a regular season game against a good run stopping defense. Maybe fake the handoff, roll RGIII out and run/hit TE/FB. I think that would have happened in the regular season. Still, great to see the stop.

Remember when the steelers tried that in a regular season game against us a few years ago and a LB who's name escapes me just crushed them on the one yard line three times in a row. That LB was great if you ran at him but terrible in space

Gocong!

That's the one. He was awesome that day and I think we all had a bit of a man crush on him for a while but he really was only good of you ran directly at him. I remember when he was with the eagles that fat raiders QB who's names also escapes me (to many concussions ) did the slowest spin move ever but it was enough to make Chris Gocong whiff as if it was Barry sanders

Jarmarcus Russell?

We should open up a thread that we all guess a guy's name that horny can't think of.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Man I've watched that goal line stand like 5 times. So awesome.

Would have been terrible play calling in the regular season for the Redskins but in preseason I think they did the right thing to just go toe to toe and make us stop their power running game. They lost, which sucks for them but now they know they probably shouldn't rely on that in a regular season game against a good run stopping defense. Maybe fake the handoff, roll RGIII out and run/hit TE/FB. I think that would have happened in the regular season. Still, great to see the stop.

Remember when the steelers tried that in a regular season game against us a few years ago and a LB who's name escapes me just crushed them on the one yard line three times in a row. That LB was great if you ran at him but terrible in space

Gocong!

That's the one. He was awesome that day and I think we all had a bit of a man crush on him for a while but he really was only good of you ran directly at him. I remember when he was with the eagles that fat raiders QB who's names also escapes me (to many concussions ) did the slowest spin move ever but it was enough to make Chris Gocong whiff as if it was Barry sanders

Jarmarcus Russell?

We should open up a thread that we all guess a guy's name that horny can't think of.

Lol yeah that's the one

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...just read through all the assessments in here....I was planning on sending an update right after the game, but decided to sleep on it...and re watch it on NFL network.....

I went to the game on Monday night and stayed start to finish....
Some observations....
Offense:
#1 As far as pass blocking, RT Mitchell Schwartz needs to REALLY pick up his play.....there were a few plays he simply got abused on.....looked solid in the Running Game....

#2 Joe Thomas is a Beast.....we already knew this...

#3 Bintonio is ready to start in the NFL.....he is the missing link I think the line needed....he's going to be our "Brian Cox" of the Oline...

#4 Terrance West may take Ben Tate's job....he is definitely going to take some snaps...I honestly think we have potential for twin 1000 rushers this season....

#5 Our WR have the worst hands in football....true some of those throw's were not "On Point" but were definitely catchable......Baby Hawk dropped a sure TD....Were in trouble even with the benefit of #6

#6 Our Offense played like they are still learning the system, getting timing down, getting spacing down...ect....its not going to be as bad as everyone thinks.....our QB will be passing against man coverage....teams are GOING to have to put 8-9 in the box to stop this running game if everyone stay's healthy.

#7 Alex Mack played a LOT at OG with the 2's.....and Joe Thomas was playing after half time.....I almost lost my mind on these two things...

Defense:
#1 With everyone healthy...our D has top 3 potential.

#2 Our secondary is very tight....Justin Gilbert held his own....and played better the more reps he got

#3 Stop the battle and start Kirsky next to Los......Craig Robertson is the Ultimate Special teams/nickle LB.....like the LB on Madden you get in the 7th round with 84sp/88Acc/79agil/77St....but has 59Awr/71Tkl...and you keep giving him reps, knowing what he might develop in too.....then 5 seasons later...he's the same.....that is Craig R...get him on ST and Nickel/Dime duties....

#4 Jabal playes hard....he looked a little sluggish vs the pass...but played the run very well......and he should never be isolated one on one in pass coverage......EVER...

#5. Mingo has RARE movement skills for a Human Being.....he looks MUCH better this year....looks like he's getting it....

#6 You do not know how Big Phil Taylor is till you see him in person....and nothing that Big should be moving that fast, without a Stewardess and Beverage cart on it.....

#7 John Hughs, Armonte Bryant and Billy Winn would start for some teams....Kitchens is not Slouch either...our Dline is historically deep...

#8 Very Surprised at the play of Bendamosi J. and Leon McFadden.....both looked very solid vs the 2's and 3's.....ESPECIALLY BJ...he looks like he's really starting to get it.....he looked like a saftey playing vs an Athlete playing FS....He too has RARE movement skills...

#9 Cut #40 RIGHT NOW.....this cannot be stressed enough...

#10 Tayshawn Gipson is a star in the making.....

Our DB's should be
Safties: T.Gip, D.Whit...BJ and Jim Lenorard

IF we keep a 5th saftey/7th CB/11th DB: Jordan Poyer

CB: Joe, Gilbert, Skrine, Dessair, McFadden, Trufant

All others should be Cut from the team.....except for #40..he should be Cut Physically...then Cut from the team...

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: